Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums not sending out alerts to subscribed users.

• gene-stevo
    Participant

@gene-stevo

Hi Folks,
    I thought I had this nailed but my forums are not sending out any messages re new posts.
    I’m using the following setup:
    WP version 4.4.1
    Theme Jolene 1.1.5
    PHP version 5.4.45
    bbPress version 2.5.8-5815
    site url http://conwycameraclub.co.uk
    Active Plugins Name and Version
    – p1 AsynCRONous bbPress Subscriptions 2.1
    – p2 bbP Manage Subscriptions 1.2.0
    – p3 bbP Toolkit 1.0.6
    – p4 bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab 1.0.1
    – p5 bbPress 2.5.8
    – p6 bbPress2 shortcode whitelist 2.2.1
    – p7 Content Aware Sidebars 3.0.1
    – p8 Duplicate Post 2.6
    – p9 GD bbPress Attachments 2.3.1
    – p10 My Calendar 2.4.13
    – p11 Nav Menu Roles 1.7.4
    – p12 PDF Embedder 2.4.1
    – p13 Postman SMTP 1.7.2
    – p14 Remove Widget Titles 1.0
    – p15 Fast Secure Contact Form 4.0.39
    – p16 Simple Custom CSS 3.3
    – p17 Slideshow 2.3.1
    – p18 TablePress 1.7
    – p19 W3 Total Cache 0.9.4.1
    – p20 WP User Avatar 2.0.4
    This is a real pain as I’ve only just created the user accounts for the club membership at:
    conwycameraclum.co.uk/forums
    I’ve checked all the setting options on the associated plugins but can’t find anything that could be causing the problem. Sending a test message from postman SMTP works and the site is providing admin messages re users changing passwords etc. Seams only bbP that doesn’t want to comunicate.
    Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers, Eugene

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

its a shortcoming of the plugin

try

http://www.rewweb.co.uk/topic-subscribe/

gene-stevo
    Participant

@gene-stevo

Hi Robin,
    Many thanks for your response. I downloaded, unzipped, installed and activated your plugin from your site.
    Unfortunately messages and replies are still not being sent.
    Via Postman SMTP I get notifications of users editing their accounts, I get messages sent via contact forms but sweet FA from bbPress.
    Needless to say I’ve checked the e-mail servers and they’re not finding their way into spam folders.
    Any further help/advice would be gratefully received.
    Cheers,
    Eugene

Hi,
    Just some ideas: are you subscribed to the forum or topic ? you know that you normally don’t receive a message for your OWN topic, right ?
    Pascal.

gene-stevo
    Participant

@gene-stevo

Hi Pascal,
    Thanks for joining in. As Admin I’ve set up three WP accounts (admin; editor; subscriber) they all have unique ids, emails etc with email accounts on different servers.
    I appreciate I’m accessing the accounts from the same ip (different machines) but when I built the test site the bbP installation worked fine. Just don’t know what I’ve done to break this installation.
    I also started a new topic from one of the forums which I know all 113 users are subscribed to thanks to a clever plugin I found called p2 bbP Manage Subscriptions 1.2.0. So far no response from anybody.
    Cheers to both,
    Eugene.

Yeah, great plugin, I know the author very well 🙂

In the log of Postman SMTP, do you see the email going out ? It might be a malformed header (had that in the beginning, although nothing to see with bbPress).

Pascal.

gene-stevo
    Participant

@gene-stevo

Hi Pascal,
    I’ve checked the log and there is nothing from bbP. The only stuff showing as outgoing is from the WP contact form and WP user registrations, re-setting of passwords etc. Zilch from bbP.
    Cheers,
    Eugene.

Hi,
    It seems like a conflict somewhere. Did you try to deactivate plugins (like AsynCRONous bbPress Subscriptions 2.1) or others ?
    Pascal.

gene-stevo
    Participant

@gene-stevo

Not yet. I’ll go through them and report back.
    Thanks for your continued support.
    Cheers,
    Eugene.

gene-stevo
    Participant

@gene-stevo

Job done Pascal it was AsynCRONous bbPress Subscriptions 2.1.
    Not only are messages being sent but haven’t had any browser time outs on loading the site since deactivation. Time outs have been a pain, along with intermittent slow page loads for ages.
    Go “Buy yourself a beer”.
    Cheers,
    Eugene.

Well received, thanks! Will drink it for sure (no guiness, but a real Belgian one)! 🙂

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar