If you look at the phpBB importer it has the callback_html and parses a bunch or regular expressions to manipulate the previous BBCode or HTML strings, will that work for you?
https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/includes/admin/converters/phpBB.php#L934
Awesome 🙂
Just to add that the standard Drupal forums module for Drupal 7 was included in bbPress 2.5, I’m not sure if there is anything in that that you may not have in your Drupal 6.
Also, two of the importers SMF and phpBB have some cool new things for the upcoming bbPress 2.6, importing favourites, subscriptions, anonymous topics/replies/posts, you may want to have a look there to see if they help in importing more data from Drupal
https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/includes/admin/converters/phpBB.php
https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/includes/admin/converters/SMF.php
Hi,
If you have bbPress 2.5.8, you should have ‘Tools > Forums > Import Forums’.
If you start from scratch, know that version 2.6-alpha has better import functionalities. Although already very stable, as it says, it’s still alpha version.
Pascal.
Hi,
So you have bbPress translated into CZ if I understand correctly ?
If so, would you mind helping with the translation for the whole CZ community ? https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/cs/default/wp-plugins/bbpress
If you are interested, I can guide you on becoming PTE for bbPress, let me know. Then you can import you .po file and everybody can have bbPress in CZ then !
Thanks,
Pascal.
Hi,
You could do this by copying the bbPress php file needed to a (child) theme and then modify it accordingly.
More info here: https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/getting-started-in-modifying-the-main-bbpress-template/
Pascal.
I had looked at several videos and none of them talked about step 3 and setting up a page. I have now done that and I can view the page (called: forums). And the test forum I set up has “forums” in the forum root slug heading. But I still get page not found. This is the address of the forum I have set up:
http://portwennonline.com/wordpress/forums/forum/dmforum/
I’m now starting to wonder if the issue has to do with Aabaco. This is the company that recently took over the Yahoo web hosting. I followed the guide above step-by-step I’ve even tried deleting all of the created pages and forums I’ve set up, deleted bbpress from my plugins and then reinstalled it and tried again – I’ve actually done this several times. Do you think a call to Aabaco might solve the issue?
ok, how have you set your forum up ?
Have you been through
Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1
in particular step 3?
Hiya,
I apologize if this is the wrong section but I have a quick inquiry for you all. Is there a bbpress plugin that creates a notifications widget.
So basically say a standard user is sent a private message from another user but I’ve removed my admin bar…. is there an existing plugin to create a widget that would display notifications which I could place on my page to show that private message is waiting to be read in a similar way to the admin bar?
Alternatively how would one go about editing the admin bar to remove the content to the left like the wordpress logo or “visit site” / dashboard tachometer icon?
Thanks in advance to all who respond!
yes you can create new roles with custom capabilities
https://codex.bbpress.org/custom-capabilities/
Is it possible to install bbPress 2.6 to import a phpBB 3.1 and then downgrade bbPress to stable 2.5.8 (if necessary)?
Thanks
Martin
What files and what way am I supposed to modify if I wish to change the appearance of bbpress login form in this way? My forum: http://www.posuzujeme.cz
Original login form layout:

Bewished login form layout:

WordPress v. 4.4.2
bbPress v. 2.5.8.
At last it works with bbpress-cs_CZ.mo and bbpress-cs_CZ.po in ../wp-content/languages/bbpress folder.
Dear let-me-see.
I see you managed to get the Yoast SEO plugin to insert a page title and a noindex in your bbpress user profile URLs (/users/, /users/<username>/topics and users/<username>/replies).
Would you be so kind to tell me how you manage to do this?
I am having the same troubles, as the profile pages have a strange page title and I can’t ‘see’ these profile taxonomies in the Yoast SEO plugin to set a manual page title and/or set a noindex on these URLs.
I hope you can help me out! Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!
I have searched the forum and can’t find anywhere to find the BBPRESS importer. I have an old PHPBB forum that I’d love to move over to my brand new BBPRESS one but eveyr post says the importer is under TOOLS>IMPORT and I don’t see that listed. Am I missing a plugin? Can I get the steps listed?
I added bbPress to Mantra 4.4.2. Looked like it was a winner. Logged out of the administration mode and did something else for a while. Went back and tried to log in to the administration mode again and all I got was the internet website. I finally had to to to the server and delete the bbPress plugin. Then logging into the administration mode was no problem. How to correct so that doesn’t happen.
you have an entry in your /forums/#6 css file line 288 which says
#bbpress-forums {
margin-top: -70px !important;
}
remove this and it will display correctly.
Several of the wordpress access manager products will allow you to control who can do stuff to what
I think (from memory) that ‘user role editor’
and if you are happy with a bit of code, then this will help you define new roles/admin existing and control access
https://codex.bbpress.org/custom-capabilities/
If it is a Genesis theme, it may not play nicely with bbpress.
to fix have you added
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-genesis-extend/
plenty of plugins, just google ‘wordpress export csv’ and look for one that exports custom post types.
BBpress using custom post types of ‘forum’, ‘topic’, ‘reply’
I set up a new WordPress blog today and set it up with no changes. I may not ever use the blog but wanted the bbpress forum. I added the plugin and created several test forums. But every time I create a forum I cannot view it – I get “This page can’t be displayed”. I’ve tried just about everything you recommend (everything I can understand) and even deleted the plugin and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to work.
My main website: http://www.portwennonline.com
Wordpress blog: http://www.portwennonline.com/blog3/
Two of the forums I created:
http://portwennonline.com/blog3/forums/forum/newesttest/
http://portwennonline.com/blog3/forums/forum/testforum/
Hi all!
I have a http error trying to upload forum photos and cover pictures. http://bit.ly/1o4hzzy
I don’t know what is causing the issue!? Would love some help here – really frustrated xx
bbpress version 2.5.8
WP version 4.4.2
bbpress LearnDash Integration Version 1.0
Buddy press Version 2.4.3
LearnDash Buddy press Integration Version 1.0.6
Cheers
Hi @tkserver – yes it was the
custom bbpress “threaded view” layout, which is the home page of utehub.com.
that I was discussing – it looks really amazing !