Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Page can’t be displayed

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I get this for your whole site !

pwonlineblog
    Participant

@pwonlineblog

I submitted a new post because I finally deleted the WordPress and started over – but I’m still getting the same “page not found”

Here is the blog site: http://www.portwennonline.com/wordpress/

And one of the test forums: http://portwennonline.com/wordpress/forums/forum/testforum1/

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, how have you set your forum up ?

Have you been through

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

in particular step 3?

pwonlineblog
    Participant

@pwonlineblog

I had looked at several videos and none of them talked about step 3 and setting up a page. I have now done that and I can view the page (called: forums). And the test forum I set up has “forums” in the forum root slug heading. But I still get page not found. This is the address of the forum I have set up:

http://portwennonline.com/wordpress/forums/forum/dmforum/

I’m now starting to wonder if the issue has to do with Aabaco. This is the company that recently took over the Yahoo web hosting. I followed the guide above step-by-step I’ve even tried deleting all of the created pages and forums I’ve set up, deleted bbpress from my plugins and then reinstalled it and tried again – I’ve actually done this several times. Do you think a call to Aabaco might solve the issue?

Robin W

@robin-w

before you do that, lets just eliminate theme and plugin.

bbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

pwonlineblog
    Participant

@pwonlineblog

Still not working.

Before my first post I did try those two steps (I was paying attention and did read the “Before posting” post at the top of the page).

But I did try again. I deactivated all but bbpress. When I attempted to change the theme to twentyfifteen I discovered that I didn’t have the most up to date version of WordPress, so I updated it. I now have all but bbpress deactivated and the twentyfifteen theme installed, and still no luck with the forums.

I appreciate all your help. Any more ideas?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, suggest you see if your host provider can help

pwonlineblog
    Participant

@pwonlineblog

Thank you for your help Robin I have a call into them and they are researching the problem.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, do let us know what they say

pwonlineblog
    Participant

@pwonlineblog

Robin – thank you for all your assistance two weeks ago. I finally was able to get the help from my web hosting company (Aabaco Small Business). They simply went into Settings – Permalinks and changed the Common Settings to “Plain”. That made an adjustment in the URL and now the page works. It seems like I tried just about every other setting – and even some of the permalink settings. But that did it – so maybe it will help someone else.

Robin W

@robin-w

Thanks for posting back – really appreciate it, both as it helps us understand possible solutions, and helps others reading previous threads.

Pleased that you are fixed.

Thanks again

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar