Hi,
Just check the plugins and proposals in this thread : https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/how-to-add-view-whos-online-and-view-statistics/
I’m sure you will find something.
Pascal.
Hi,
If I remember well, IP addresses can only be seen by moderators and keymasters.
Check this thread to see if it helps: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/how-to-remove-ip-addresses-from-bbpress/
Pascal.
Exist a plugin that it show the users on-line or shortcode?
I would say maybe just place the default bbPress login widget instead of your themes custom one, or customize the widgets settings if it has an option to remove the modal login, or remove the deregister widget code that has possibly removed the default bbPress login widget.
Thanks Robkk, I’ll do that. Can you please advise if I can replace the modal login with normal bbpress login, please?
Thanks
Hello,
Please use this CSS code.
#bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-author a.bbp-author-name, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-author a.bbp-author-name {
display: none;
}
Please let me know if this worked for you.
Thanks you I found to my previous request
Make Forum Category Index page look like Topics page
just another question : when I post a new message is nothing to indicate that there is a new post with a icon for example ?
should we make it a condition but with what ?
long time since I’ve done one, but here are my detailed notes from a custom. I haven’t re-read, but I do talk about this in part 3
https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/documented-import-from-snitz-access-database/
Hopefully it will help
Hi,
I am new to WordPress bbPress. I’m using theme smartmag and bunyad bbpress login widget. The registration button was working fine till day before yesterday and then suddenly stopped working. Now if I click on the register now button it makes the screen grey and hangs the screen as well. Any lep will be greatly appreciated.
http://ask-parents.com
Thanks
Hi,
I’m sorry, I do not speak English. Perhaps the you will understand.
Site users are patients with multiple sclerosis. Anonymity is very important. Therefore, is not good that the are to see their IPs.
ID can be hide? And if so – how?
Thanks for any advice.
Vendulka
WP 4.1.10
bbPress 2.5.8
Web site is currently locked due to adjustments (http://www.takyzijemsvami.eu)
So I had to do a large import from vbulletin to make sure it would convert to bbPress, and everything works perfectly.
My question is this: There have been a few hundred more posts since my import on the client’s old site (current site) that I will need to import. Do I have to start over? Or will the importer just get new posts? I tried running the tool again, but it was still converting anonymous reply authors, which I killed because it didn’t seem to be needed. What would you suggest I do to move over the rest of the posts?
Debug shows nothing. With bbpress deactivated all my links within the JS support plugin work, but once activated they 404.
Let me try to find somebody more expert for bbPress imports.
Pascal.
WP 4.4.2
BBPress 2.5.8
I’m creating a custom import module from the Example.php file that comes with the installation. I’ve filled in the table and field for everything that is available from the previous forum software (WebWiz) and have commented out sections that don’t have information to map.
Upon start, the importer trips up at the Join part of the forum section. I need to know what to put in these areas:
// Setup the table joins for the forum section
$this->field_map[] = array(
'from_tablename' => 'groups_table',
'from_fieldname' => 'forum_id',
'join_tablename' => 'forums_table',
'join_type' => 'INNER',
'join_expression' => 'USING groups_table.forum_id = forums_table.forum_id',
// 'from_expression' => 'WHERE forums_table.forum_id != 1',
'to_type' => 'forum'
);
The “groups_table” and the “forum_id” fields are the ones I don’t know where to find.
On a realted subject, what of these mapping statements are absolutely 100% necessary to get a successful import? I can send anyone the module code if that helps.
What files and what way am I supposed to modify if I wish to change the appearance of bbpress login form in this way? My forum: http://www.posuzujeme.cz
Original login form layout:
Original
Bewished login form layout:
Custom
WordPress v. 4.4.2
bbPress v. 2.5.8.
Hi,
I suppose you refer to Dokan from Wedevs ? I see that some questions were already asked (https://wedevs.com/support/topic-tag/bbpress/) so I would propose to ask them what could be the issue. bbPress seem to work great with most of the other plugins on the market.
Pascal.
Hi,
My website it theoutdoorarmory.com
I use bbPress forums on my website here: https://theoutdoorarmory.com/forums/
What can I do to have my visitors log in through facebook before they could post on the forums?
Do I need a plug in for that?
Thanks
Dave
Sorry, here are the versions of the software.
WP: 4.4.2
bbpress: 2.5.8
vapensteam.com
I have an intranet site that uses JS Support Ticket plugin for internal IT ticketing. When bbpress is activated nothing in this plugin works. I have had to disable bbpress until this can be fixed. Any thoughts on repair?
suspect this is what you are after – add it to your functions page in your child theme
add_filter( 'register_url', 'my_register_page' );
function my_register_page( $register_url ) {
return home_url( '/register/' );
}
https://codex.bbpress.org/functions-files-and-child-themes-explained/
DLParticipant
Stephen and all,
I guess this turned out to be harder than I hoped?
Looking at this thread I see that I never posted the Github code for the attempt to create a Zikula/Dizkus to bbPress converter, here it is if anyone would take a look.
https://github.com/damon18/dizkus-bbpress
Thanks
Hi All
I’m still new to BBPress and to WordPress if I’m to be honest…
I am using the Woo Storefront Theme.
I have created a new page on my website and called it “forum” and then used the
[bbp-forum-index] shortcode on that page.
1. I have installed a plugin that allows me to turn off my page title but for some reason BBPress seems to be overriding this feature which is working fine on all my other pages? How do I turn my page title off within BBPress?
2. I have also set up a few forums, one of them called “School Community Discussion”
Inside this “parent” forum I have created two child forums called “Michael Mount Waldorf School” and “Moore House Academy”
When I click on one of the child forums to post a new topic, there is no “new post” window for me to add a new post. This window is only available at the parent forum level!? How do I resolve this?
3. I must say that I’m dumbfounded that BBPress doesn’t have a “Post new Topic” button that will allow you to click and then select whichever forum you want to post into from a dropdown menu. I there any way to create a button like this?
Thx
Kb
I followed the steps, but the right sidebar doesn’t show up, the main-sidebar is still vissible.
My code in the functions.php:
function rkk_widgets_init(){
register_sidebar(array(
'id' => 'bbp-sidebar',
'name' => __( 'Forum sidebar', 'rkk' ),
'description' => __( 'Sidebar voor het forum', 'rkk' ),
'before_widget' => '<div id="%1$s" class="forum-widget %2$s">',
'after_widget' => '</div>',
'before_title' => '<h3 class="widget-title">',
'after_title' => '</h3>'
));
}
add_action('widgets_init', 'rkk_widgets_init');
The code in the sidebar.php:
<?php if (is_active_sidebar('main-sidebar') && !is_bbpress()) : ?>
<div id="secondary" class="widget-area" role="complementary">
<?php dynamic_sidebar('main-sidebar'); ?>
</div><!-- .widget-area -->
<?php elseif (is_active_sidebar('bbp-sidebar') && is_bbpress()) : ?>
<div id="secondary" class="widget-area" role="complementary">
<?php dynamic_sidebar('bbp-sidebar'); ?>
</div><!-- .widget-area -->
<?php endif; ?>
In the backend, the forum widget does appear, and I can add Widgets to it. Only on the front-end, on forum pages, he doesn’t show the right sidebar.
Hi,
This is a known issue for the moment. A ticket has been opened: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2906
Pascal.