Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to Uninstall and remove role capabilities

• greenhoe
    Participant

@greenhoe

I would like to know how to completely uninstall bbpress, I’ve looked it up and followed the instructions on many other pages and thought I had it all but under the user profiles we have at the very bottom a section called “Additional Capabilities” and next to it you can see the user role. Here is a screenshot of it

admin profile

I have tried running this and it doesn’t work, I have role plugins to view all my roles and it doesn’t show me any of the bbpress roles so I’m really sure why this is still showing up

$wp_roles = new WP_Roles();
    $wp_roles->remove_role("bbp_role");
    $wp_roles->remove_role("bbp_blocked");
    $wp_roles->remove_role("bbp_keymaster");
    $wp_roles->remove_role("bbp_moderator");
    $wp_roles->remove_role("bbp_participant");
    $wp_roles->remove_role("bbp_spectator");

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

This might help.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-role-deleter/

other than that follow the uninstall process in tools > forums then reset forums

greenhoe
    Participant

@greenhoe

That doesn’t work, it looks as if the roles are deleted because when I use a role manager I don’t see the roles but if I look in the database under each user’s meta data they still have the role listed in the wp_capabilities table

Robkk

@robkk

what plugin are you using for managing roles.

greenhoe
    Participant

@greenhoe

I’m not using any currently but I installed a few different ones just so I could see the roles and none of the bbpress roles appear under any of them.

Robkk

@robkk

Does it still show the Additional Capabilities in your user profile still ??

rossagrant
    Participant

@rossagrant

I too have deleted every trace of BBPress AND ALL BBPress roles, yet still see this additional capability in the backend.

Anyone know how to get rid or of any MySQL functions to cleans the DB?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
    Have you run the plugin mentioned above to clean ? (just install, activate, deactivate)

Talking SQL: if you had an older version of bbPress installed, the only traces you might still find would be in the wp_options table in the wp_user_roles option_name (replace wp_ with your own prefix of course), but it’s not advisable to modify that manually.

Let me know,
    Pascal.

rossagrant
    Participant

@rossagrant

@casiepa – yeah I’ve ran the plugin and completely reset all user roles to default install settings.

The bbPress role doesn’t show up as a selectable role to assign the user, it just appears at the very bottom of their profile in the backend. Just like in the pic the original poster published.

I have no idea where it is being pulled in from. I’ll do a search in my DB and report back.

sarkarify
    Blocked

@sarkarify

Hello Guys,

I got the solution of this issue, follow the steps:

1. Backup your whole wordpress account if something goes wrong.
    3. Install and/or activate the bbPress plugin again if you have deactivated and/or delete it.
    4. In WordPress administration panel, go to Tools -> Forums -> Reset Forums tab.
    5. Check the delete imported users and Are you sure you want to do this? checkbox to acknowledge that the removal process cannot be undone.

6. Then click on reset bbpress button

and done the process will remove all the data of the bpress.

sarkarify
    Blocked

@sarkarify

After completing the steps mentioned above add this code in your site theme’s functions.php file and reload the site, once done then remove this code from funtions.php file and save the file:

// This function will remove user roles. You may need to inspect the user role dropdown on the user profile page to see the correct user role label to use below
    function wps_remove_role() {
    remove_role( ‘bbp_moderator’ );
    remove_role( ‘bbp_blocked’ );
    remove_role( ‘bbp_spectator’ );
    remove_role( ‘bbp_keymaster’ );
    remove_role( ‘um_admin’ );
    remove_role( ‘um_member’ );
    }
    add_action( ‘init’, ‘wps_remove_role’ );

sarkarify
    Blocked

@sarkarify

If bove code not working then use this code;

$wp_roles = new WP_Roles();
    $wp_roles->remove_role(“bbp_keymaster”);
    $wp_roles->remove_role(“bbp_moderator”);
    $wp_roles->remove_role(“bbp_participant”);
    $wp_roles->remove_role(“bbp_spectator”);
    $wp_roles->remove_role(“bbp_blocked”);

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar