> hmmm nice, i miss a download button
You’ll find that in the original plugin. : )
@ _ck_
Is this just a proof of concept or are you planning to fork this plugin and start a new one?
The problem was solved with this six-month-old post.
Hi,
Just released the last version of bbMenu. bbMenu 1.2 has some several bug fixes and minor code improvements:
– bbMenu now uses the bb_admin_add_submenu hook
– Fixed a bug that caused bbMenu to crash on some servers (thanks box87)
– Some code cleanup and optimalisations (thanks box87)
– Some template changes. If bbMenu is deactivated, the header now adapts and wont crash
Note that bbMenu 1.2 is not compatible with bbPortal 1.2 and bbPress pre 0.8
This is also the last version I release using the prototype libary. The next version will be jQuery based and smaller in size.
You can download bbMenu 1.2 here:
http://www.bbportal.org/bb-downloads/bbmenu1.2.zip
I’m sorry, I confused little myself too:)
Ok here is the deal
Because the bbpress profile page doesn’t work, I want to show user favorites on wordpress profile page (the best on separate page – tab), like Extended Profile from Userextra plugin.
vlp..
you said you want to show the favorites in the wordpress profile.
http://www.tasty.sk/forum/profile/username/favorites
this is the link to the bbpress profile page.
i am confused now
can you try to explain again what are you trying to do?
So if I understand right, I should use this code as a WP plugin?
I tried that and I get an error:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tasty.sk/tasty.sk/www/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-favorites.php on line 30
It is shown in profile main page…it is possible to create another separate page for that?
hmmm nice, i miss a download button
(in the plugin list to download the latest files)
Thought you might like what I re-used your nifty class for:
http://bbpress.nfshost.com/forums/view/available-plugins
Makes a public (sortable) list of all available bbPress plugins.
(Well at least the ones that are in the SVN)
Be sure to click on the headers for javascripty-goodness.
(this also shows off my little technique to make “views” output any page you want without hacking the core at all)
no. Its gravatar for wordpress integrated for bbpress
The Swedish artist Markus Faervall is using bbPress on his site:
http://markusfagervall.se/forums/
No changes at all but a bit of traffic.
If you can get to “/forums/bb-admin/” (replace forums with whatever you called it) it might be your cookies.
You need to make sure your cookies are all pointing to the root of your website for both bbpress and wordpress. By default they are not so it’s probably preventing login?
See here:
https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/wordpressbbpress-single-sign-on?replies=22#post-9010
and
https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/cookie-integration-for-wordpress?replies=3#post-6496
and a few other threads if you search for “cookies”
Hey guys – is this file somewhere else for grabs?…the links seem to be gone.
Can you link us to it?
The login functions that logs you into bb redirect you to the forums. It may be possible to change that behaviour but I’m not immediately sure how – probably using an action or filter, possibly the action bb_user_login.
http://uk3.php.net/manual/en/function.date.php
Don’t have access to the code right now so not sure where in bbPress you need to edit.
Thanks fel64, that did it, sort of… I inserted the line at the end of my wp-config.php file and that allows me to call the login_form() PHP function from bbPress from within WP. The page loads fine except I do get an error message at the bottom of my browser (using IE 7) that says, “Done, but with errors on page”. I think this means there’s a javascript error somewhere? No idea where to start looking for this. Any thoughts?
Also, it doesn’t quite work as desired since when you do anything with the login form it redirects you to the forums which makes sense but not the behavior I want. I think I may forego any further modifications for now but I like the idea of the deeper integration between WP and bbPress. If I can figure out the error I may be able to dabble more later as I learn more PHP.
Thanks!
RatherBeBiking,
I’m using a chopped up version of Kakumei. If you want I can zip up the theme for you.
Hi,
I would like to integrate bbpress user favorites to wordpress profile page. Is there any hook I could use?
I search the forum but I couldn’t find anything relevant.
thanks
A really neat trick would be not to have a physical template at all but pass it data. My entire template just consists of
<? bb_get_header();bb_list_plugins();bb_get_footer(); ?>
Which seems silly to have a physical file.
I guess I could try to hook it after the init and bypass the bb_load_template entirely.
I’m pretty sure you can call any file using the bb_load_template() function, so you can keep your files all neatly bundled up in your plugin directory.
There are various was you can work out where your plugin is located, and if your template file has a predictable location relative to that, it should be easy to refer to it in the bb_load_template() function.
Here is a how-to on the integrated live search for bbpress and wordpress
http://www.adityanaik.com/integratepress-part-ii-live-search/
This plugin causes an error when I try to delete users. I get the following message:
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/jkuno/public_html/seattlecondoreport/forums/my-plugins/bbpress-adsense.php:43) in /home/jkuno/public_html/seattlecondoreport/forums/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 168
Any ideas?
Yup! Solved it… and a nice way too…
To have a custom template attached to a view, ie.
/forums/view/listplugins
function view_listplugins($view) {
if ($view=="listplugins") {bb_load_template( 'list-plugins.php'); exit();}
} add_action( 'bb_custom_view', 'view_listplugins' );
function view_listplugins_filter( $views ) {
global $views;
$views['listplugins'] = "List Plugins Used";
return $views;
} add_filter('bb_views', 'view_listplugins_filter');
Now the question is, will this work in the trunk since they completely changed how views are done…
THE ANSWER IS YES! WOOHOO!
http://bbpress.nfshost.com/forums/view/list-plugins
So we have a way to attach any custom page to bbpress.
The only catch is it will show up in the views list.
But you can filter the views list for admin/mods, etc.
I think I can make my “my-views” plugin work with the trunk with this “feature”.
s010, that’s very clever.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work.
Not certain if slugs would translate either,
ie. /action/listplugins
I think the shortest shortcut is a universal loader could be made for all future extensions, ie.
/forums/option/listplugins
where option is really option.php in the bbpress root and it just passes to the template listplugins.php
This would have to be made in the the bbpress core of course.
ooooh I just had an idea… where is the hook for bbpress’s internal 404…
er, no i guess that won’t work either…. BUT
take a look at view.php in the bbpress root
you can hook bb_custom_view
basically since there will not be any view name, it won’t do the mysql call, then after you catch it on the do_action(‘bb_custom_view you can exit() after your own custom page load.
ie. /forums/view/listplugins
Let me try to code something working…
Indeed I don’t believe there is a method for doing so. I was wondering the same thing and couldn’t find anything, especially since the files accessed in root are all actual files and none of them virtual. Would be good to have such a thing, so yay trac ticket.