Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbMenu 1.2 released!

• Hi,

Just released the last version of bbMenu. bbMenu 1.2 has some several bug fixes and minor code improvements:

– bbMenu now uses the bb_admin_add_submenu hook

– Fixed a bug that caused bbMenu to crash on some servers (thanks box87)

– Some code cleanup and optimalisations (thanks box87)

– Some template changes. If bbMenu is deactivated, the header now adapts and wont crash

Note that bbMenu 1.2 is not compatible with bbPortal 1.2 and bbPress pre 0.8

This is also the last version I release using the prototype libary. The next version will be jQuery based and smaller in size.

You can download bbMenu 1.2 here:

http://www.bbportal.org/bb-downloads/bbmenu1.2.zip

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• M

@box87

Lookin’ good :)

One thing. In Omniweb double-clicking doesn’t work. In Safari/Camino it does, and in Firefox triple-clicking works, but you covered that one in the readme. I’ll look into it though… it might be an error on my part.

M

@box87

I double-posted, so I’ll use this space by thanking you for giving credit. Jolly nice of you.

No problem mate, it only seems fair to me to credit the right persons.

Also, don’t put too much energy into the double-click bug. I am currently working on version 2 and it’s using jQuery instead of all the scripts it’s using now (like prototype). So the current double-click feature will be replaced by jQuery :)

i test it but it didn’t work for special character

also i wana know how can i add my links to this i just found 3 items forum search and statistic that i could edit them but i wana add some new item is it possible?

Adding new links will be supported in version 2, for now you will have to do it using phpMyAdmin or using a plugin :)

Excample plugin (not yet tested and the bbmenu plugin needs to be active/working):

<?php
    /*
    Plugin Name: add bbMenu tab
    Plugin URI: http://www.bbportal.org/
    Description: Adds a tab to the bbMenu list
    Author: Maurice de Regt
    Author URI: http://www.mauricederegt.nl/
    Version: 1.0

NOTES:
    - for xxxx use something normal like: "googletab" if you make a tab to the google.com page
    - for 'YOUR-TITLE': This will be the text you can edit, make sure it is between the 'tags'
    - for 'URL-OF-PAGE': This will be the page you'll go to when you click the menutab, make sure it's between the 'tags'
    - These added tabs WILL NOT stay highlighted when you are on that page. This requires some more complex stuff
    */

// Check if the bbPortal menu tab exists
    function xxxx_check_tab() {
    global $bbdb;
    $bbdb->hide_errors();
    $bxxxx_tab = true;
    if (!$bbdb->query("SELECT * FROM ~$bbdb->menu~ WHERE ~location~ = 'xxxx-page'")) {
    return xxxx_add_tab();
    }
    $bbdb->show_errors();
    return $xxxx_tab;
    }

// If it doesn't, install the menu tab
    function xxxx_add_tab() {
    global $bbdb;
    $query = "INSERT INTO ~$bbdb->menu~ VALUES
    (DEFAULT, 'YOUR-TITLE', 'inactive', 'URL-OF-PAGE', 'xxxx-page', 0);";

$bbdb->query($query);
    }

?>

NOTES:

– for xxxx use something normal like: “googletab” if you make a tab to the google.com page

– for ‘YOUR-TITLE’: This will be the text you can edit, make sure it is between the ‘tags’

– for ‘URL-OF-PAGE’: This will be the page you’ll go to when you click the menutab, make sure it’s between the ‘tags’

– These added tabs WILL NOT stay highlighted when you are on that page. This requires some more complex stuff

REPLACE ALL ~ with backticks, since this forum filters them out

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar