Search Results for 'bbpress'
-
Search Results
-
Hi guys,
I can’t launch the installation of bbpress on my existing wordpress blog using the same database. The issue I have is, that i have a blank page…
So no way to launch the installation.
It’s on the same server
using the same db
I even created a second user to the DB (didn’t change anything)
I have enabled all the writing right to the installation folder
So what do you recommand. Do a fresch install of wordpress and bbpress or is there a solution for me to avoid that for exemple feeling up a file myself to have the insatallation process behind me.
Cheers for your help.
I’ve tried hacking a couple wp plugins to bbpress to get better code preservation. But it’s not working.
What is used here? It seems to actually work somehow and that’s not the default technique in the core…
Topic: UTF-8 display problems
I am having problems with the character encoding of my bbpress install. I have it integrated with wordpress and when I use the “Latest bbpress discussions” plugin I see the weird characters you get when you mix collations and charsets.
I have wordpress in utf-8 thanks to this plugin: utf8 dtaabase converter.
Before it I had it set to utf but still, the database was showing weird characters (the collation was alright though). So this is probably a MySQL problem somewhere.
Should I try to adapt the wordpress utf8 converter for bbpress?
Topic: UTF-8 / ISO-8859-1
Hi, I’m having problems with the character encoding on a WP/BBpress integrated site. In WP, I can tell the system to encode the page in ISO-8859-1 (which is necessary in this case), in bbpress I don’t know how. I declare the doctype and the meta-content-charset in the theme’s header, but as opposed to the WP pages, the bbpress generated ones are encoded as UTF-8. Looking at the page properties in Firefox, I can see “encoding: UTF-8” and “meta information… charset:ISO-8859-1”.
Can someone help, please? Thanks in advance!
Hi there – recently installed bbPress and picked a placeholder forum name and now I can’t figure out how to change it?
I would expect to find some “general forum prefs” under the Admin screen of my forum, but no luck.
any advice?
Topic: Real Bread Crumb for BBPress
I put together some code to implement a real bread crumb trail for BBPress that should support any level of subforums. I’ll open a ticket for the change too, but until it’s in the trunk (hopefully), you can use it by doing the following.
In bb-includes/template-functions.php, just above the
// Forum Loop //line, add the following:(UGH – Why if I put code inside code tags is bbpress insisting on parsing it and tossing in backticks everywhere! To see the code, check this file: http://onthepitch.org/talk/bb-includes/template-functions.txt)
You’ll have to update your template, mainly forum.php and topic.php. Look for the line like this”
<h3 class="bbcrumb"><a>"><?php bb_option('name'); ?></a> » <?php forum_name(); ?></h3>and replace it with something like this:
<h3 class="bbcrumb"><?php forum_bread_crumb(); ?></h3>And it should work for you.
open to embrace from gaming to arts, from code to random discussion. Code, indeed, is poetry.