I am over my head when combining WP and bbPress functions and know next to nothing with Ajax. Hopefully mdawaffe (Michael) will see this post or head over to https://bbpress.org/about/development/ and see if you can contact him another way!
Let us give him some more time…
“But after what I’ve integrated both of api’s: the wordpress and bbpress; this resulted in the following error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class streamreader in /var/www/pm/forum/bb-includes/streams.php on line 26″
-> same error here
For error: “Cannot redeclare class streamreader …”, read this…
hi, I have the same problem. Has anyone found a way to integrate and change the language without errors?
“hi, I have the same problem. Has anyone found a way to integrate and change the language without errors?”
I managed to translate a wp-bb integration but I don’t know if you are going to like my workaround;
1. edit bbpress config.php and in define language section point to your wp language file with this code; ‘ define(‘BBLANGDIR’, ‘wp-includes/languages/es_ES.mo’); ‘ (change es_ES.mo for the name of your language .mo file)
2. edit wp language .po file and insert there your bbpress .po file. In other words, copy/paste all bbpress entries at the end of wp .mo file
3. Open with poedit and try to save this modifed file. You’re going to have +-100 duplicated entries in an error log. Delete all duplicated entries, one by one, so you can save.
4. When you save with poedit you produce 2 files; .po file and a .mo file. This .mo file is the one you want. Now you have translated both; wp and bbpress with just one .mo file.
I do know that this workaround implies a lot of future problems and I don’t like it at all but I didn’t find any other way.
I hope someday bbpress will appear as a plugin for wordpress.
Hi Ganzua, Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. I believe, as you say, that it is not the best solution but, apparently, the only one at the moment (?).
I wonder how did other users managed to translate their integrated bbpress.
Ah, great! I’ve been translating bbPress to portuguese to use on my WPMU+bbPress project and when I try to set the language I get the error as well….
Anyways, I guess I’ll have to try merging the two PO files.
@ganzua, I don’t think you really need to define BBLANGDIR – it works because you have already defined the .mo file in WP config file. You get the error *if* you try to define BBLANG. However, if you leave BBLANG as ”, you won’t get the error.
I actually haven’t tried yet, but I think it make sense.
Well, that was definitely the problem.
I have the bbpress directory in the wordpress directory, and had the language parameter set in both. I read your post above, set the lang in bbpress to ”, and viola! It worked immediately.
It took me forever to find this post, but I’m glad it was posted. I would have died of old age before I figured that out on my own.
Glad we could help somehow…