simplest way is to install my style pack
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-style-pack/
navigate to
dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>breadcrumbs
disable breadcrumb home, breadcrumb Root, and breadcrumb current
This just leaves the ‘previous’ showing
then put this into the custom css tab of my plugin
.bbp-breadcrumb-forum::before {
content: "Back to ";
}
The breadcrumb will then become ‘back to xx’ with xx being whatever they came from
Wordpress 4.7.5
bbpress 2.5.12
Out of respect to your time, I took a week to write this as carefully and succinctly as possible.
Is there a way to replace the breadcrumbs menu with a “Previous Viewed Page” option (it could be called anything, like “Back”)? That way, instead of members navigating around inside the forum, they would return from a topic to the web page that hosts the forum, e.g, far more advertising revenue possibilities.
As it works now:
Step one: https://sterlingforums.com/white-glove-service-forum/
Step two: Select a topic
Step three: navigate to /forums/forum/white-glove-forum/
Step four: select another topic from inside /forums/forum/white-glove-forum/
As it would work:
Step one: Select topic from inside .com/white-glove-service-forum/
Step two: Select the “Previous Page” from inside /forums/forum/white-glove-forum/all-about-our-cover-art/
Step three: Return to .com/white-glove-service-forum/
I didn’t want to leave 6 links! Finger’s Crossed! And, thank you.
I’d suggest you use my private groups plugin to restrict access to the forums, and Pascal’s toolkit to auto subscribe users to the forums
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/
https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-toolkit/
@dayan89, sorry, i forgot to tell you about a second patch – https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/5392. It’s repair calculating of position for new reply.
Hi,
After making an import of data from phpBB 3.2 to bbPress 2.6beta2,
impossible to connect one of the users formerly present in phpBB.
The following errors are immediately displayed when attempting to connect:
Notice: Undefined index: _bbp_converter_rows in …/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converter.php on line 753
Notice: Undefined index: _bbp_converter_db_user in …/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converter.php on line 754
Notice: Undefined index: _bbp_converter_db_pass in …/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converter.php on line 754
Notice: Undefined index: _bbp_converter_db_name in …/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converter.php on line 754
Notice: Undefined index: _bbp_converter_db_server in …/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converter.php on line 754
Can someone help me figure out what’s going on? Thanks.
WP: 4.7.5
bbPress: 2.6beta2
phpBB: 3.2
Hi there,
I’m running into an interesting issue and I’m hoping somebody can help. My client’s site is running bbPress and we have unchecked “Allow guest users without accounts to create topics and replies” in the settings but somebody still posted to the forum anonymously. After noticing the post I logged and noticed that the topic was started by user number that is no longer active in WordPress.
Is there another setting somewhere in bbPress that would allow users to post anonymously that I’m missing?
Thanks for your help.
sorry can you confirm that
post = create topics
comment = create replies
If so then use my private groups plugin
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/
and enable group topic permissions
then you can set up membership 2 to be able to create/edit topics and replies and membership 1 only to be create/edit replies
that’s as close as I can get you without specific coding to stop membership 2 being able to reply on other topics.
That is doable but beyond free help !
Hi, i have the same error after only updating wordpress, not bbpress. Any solution to this ?
SQL is triggered in bbp_has_replies in wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/replies/template.php but it has not changed.
Found it. The new WordPress.org interface had me confused.
Found the install instructions now.
Psacal’s bbp toolkit does that
bbP Toolkit
Tried your steps, but still no luck. The bbpress topics for posts allows the comment section of WordPress posts to integrate with bbpress topics. It also creates new topics of each new post published. If you know a different plugin or another method to get this to work, I’d appreciate it.
use the private groups plugiun in addition to bbpress
Private groups
I am trying to replace my comments on posts with bbpress topics. This plugin is working for the most part…I’m able to auto create new topics of my published posts on the forum. However, my comment box has disappeared on the posts. There is a comment button to click. But when clicked, there is nothing displayed for posting comments.
I have found out that this is a theme issue and not a plugin issue. When I change to a different theme, such as a WordPress default theme, the plugin works. However, I do not want to lose my current theme. Does anyone know if there is any css code I can add to my theme in order to make the bbpress comment box to appear on the WordPress posts.
Website: http://bamadigest.com
Thank you!
Not sure it will be the solution you are after, but try the private groups plugin, which will let you set up different levels of access
Private groups
bugs should be submitted to
https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/
thanks
The error is new since we last updated plugins (though another site manager updated them so I’m not sure what all ran updates). The error goes away when I deactivate the private groups plugin. This is what I get when I try to add a new blog post:
This page isn’t working
geekgirlpenpals.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
WordPress version 4.7.5
bbpress version 2.5.12
private groups version 3.4.8
and what version of wordpress, bboress and private groups are you running?
I have added wp-media button in bbpress topi form, I want to cancel while uploading any big file.
Please help….
…
I am a newbie with WordPress and I have been using a custom menu widget placed at the top of all of my pages to keep a consistent header going. I am now trying to use bbPress and discovered I can create a page called “Forum” and use a page builder to place my menu widget above the forum shortcode widget to achieve the header.
However, when I select a forum/topic, it goes to a different page, one that is generated by bbPress and as such, doesn’t have a page builder design of which I can place a header.
It seems like the best solution would be to implement this header into all my pages through editing some php file somewhere but that is a bit beyond my technical ability. Is there a way to add widgets to ALL bbpress pages?
contributor is a wordpress role, not a bbpress one.
so if you are using the default registration
then
dashboard>settings>general and what is ‘new default user’ set to ?
dashboard>settings>forums and what is ‘auto role’ set to ?
I understand why you might want to change the permalinks to “clean” your url. However, this helps distinguish forums from topics from replys. For example somesite.com/forums/forum/some-forum or somesite.com/forums/topic/some-topic.
You can remove the “forums” part of the permalink in admin settings under forum and Forum Root Slug–Forum Prefix select off. And you can rename the slug for single forum/topic/reply under same menu and Single Forum Slugs. These built-in adjustments are usually harmless and can be changed as needed.
There are also a few bbPress/WordPress permalink plugins that might help–but they could also make things worse.
Above all, you want a clean url that both makes sense and remains functional. And I’ve found that messing around too much with permalink settings can often break more than fix.
And regarding that “Private” issue: Does it display that when you’re not logged in? That’s a curious quirk.
Chad
Hi,
I have followed this documentation page
Enable Visual Editor
to enable TinyMCE. Now I would like to change the default behavior of TinyMCE to not add a paragraph for each new line but use instead <br>.
For WordPress I have to use this
function tinymce_remove_root_block_tag( $init ) {
$init['forced_root_block'] = false;
return $init;
}
add_filter( 'tiny_mce_before_init', 'tinymce_remove_root_block_tag' );
But the TinyMCE in bbPress doesn’t get this setting.
I have tried to do something like
function bbp_enable_visual_editor( $args = array() ) {
$args['tinymce'] = true;
$args['quicktags'] = false;
$args['forced_root_block'] = false;
return $args;
}
add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'bbp_enable_visual_editor' );
but it doesn’t work.
How can I pass that “forced_root_block” to the TinyMCE enabled for bbPress?
Thanks
Massimo
Alphabetic Pagination is not a suitable word for this kind of requirement because we normally sort the results alphabetically. Although there is a plugin which works perfectly in this case “Alphabetic Pagination” but still i would like to correct that it’s sorting not paging.
and if you want to suggest code changes, then this is the place
https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/