Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress topics for posts plugin

• davebevan
    Participant

@davebevan

I am trying to replace my comments on posts with bbpress topics. This plugin is working for the most part…I’m able to auto create new topics of my published posts on the forum. However, my comment box has disappeared on the posts. There is a comment button to click. But when clicked, there is nothing displayed for posting comments.

I have found out that this is a theme issue and not a plugin issue. When I change to a different theme, such as a WordPress default theme, the plugin works. However, I do not want to lose my current theme. Does anyone know if there is any css code I can add to my theme in order to make the bbpress comment box to appear on the WordPress posts.

Thank you!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Not totally sure what you are trying to achieve as I’ve not used this plugin but in

wp-content/themes/flex-mag/style.css

line 3779 has

#comments {
      display: none;
      float: left;
      font-size: 0.8rem;
      line-height: 120%;
      margin-top: 30px;
      overflow: hidden;
      width: 100%;
    }

try setting display to visible

you could do this by adding

#comments {
      display: visible !important;
      }

to the custom css tag in my style pack plugin that you have loaded

davebevan
    Participant

@davebevan

Tried your steps, but still no luck. The bbpress topics for posts allows the comment section of WordPress posts to integrate with bbpress topics. It also creates new topics of each new post published. If you know a different plugin or another method to get this to work, I’d appreciate it.

AdventureRidingNZ
    Participant

@adventureridingnz

It sounds like you really need to talk to your theme developer rather than BBPress as the issue is with your theme, not BBpress or Topics for Posts.

I’ve used Topics for posts for about 3 years without any theme issues

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar