Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for '"wordpress"'

Viewing 25 results - 21,601 through 21,625 (of 26,984 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • hruser
    Member

    Hi All,

    Havnt seen any tutorials before doing integration, i guess thats the blunder i did..hence this problem.

    Problem: Cant login to bbpress admin, after WP integration, get message that User doesnt exist. However i CAN login to my WP admin without problems.

    Versions

    WP :2.7.1

    BBpress :0.9.0.4

    What i did: from bbpress integrate wordpress section i filled out following only, nothing esle

    1. Gave my WP url

    2. Gave my WP blog url

    3. Gave my WP secret key

    4. Gave the WP table prefix as: wp –

    thats all dint do anything else. and i UPDATED these details.

    Immediately got logged out. and now cannot login to forum.mysite.com/bb-login.php (bbpress forum is in subdomain)

    What else i did: i generated new password thinking its a password issue. No luck

    Also installed Fix Admin plugin in Plugin folder of WP from Cpanel, as soon as i installed it took me to login page of BBPress, and i tried logging in, No Luck. User doesnt exist message.

    Error seen on left hand TOP side of bbpress login page when login fails:

    bbPress database error: [Table ‘saphruse_bbp01.wp_users’ doesn’t exist]

    SELECT ID FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘admin’

    bbPress database error: [Table ‘saphruse_bbp01.wp_users’ doesn’t exist]

    SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘admin’

    Please help.

    Thanks a mill.

    #6613
    richbrown
    Member

    I integrated WP 2.71 and the the bbPress v0.9.0.4.

    I used the plugin to downgrade the cookies.

    I no longer am able to preview posts in wordpress. I have another non-integrated blog and this is not an issue. Thus, it seems to me it is a bbPress issue.

    I cannot login to both at the same time.

    I want this to work but am finding the integration to be a problem. At times it makes me think WordPress and bbPress were developed entirely by seperate groups..

    #73132

    Hi,

    I also was stuck on that for a while. I found it easier to downgrade WP 2.7 cookies with this plugin:

    https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-26-and-bbpress-09-integration/

    Just make sure you juse just the old SECRET_KEY in wp-config.php and match it to the BB_SECRET_KEY in bb-config.php

    Clear your domain cookies after activating the plugin and login again. Test login/out on both installations.

    Of course you mast have completed the integration steps described here:

    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/wordpress-and-bbpress-integration-101

    #73088
    cyclune
    Member

    Chrishajer is right. I have bbpress linked with WordPress. I don’t want the users to change their own profile with wrong email adresses or new user names.

    _ck_ – where do I have to insert this piece of code???

    cyclune

    #73141
    bruinfelix
    Member

    @PierrottorreiP

    Take a good look ;-)

    It isnt even a wordpress theme! :D

    #73137
    bruinfelix
    Member

    I use the latest wordpress MU version (trunk), and just the alpha-6 version of bbPress ;-)

    Ohw, and a recent version (also trunk) from the buddypress website ;-)

    #73091
    _ck_
    Participant

    first, never post your login info, mysql or otherwise on the web, now you have to change it

    second this is the bbpress support forum, not the wordpress support forum

    (but your problem does seem weird, there should be no error with that)

    #73136
    chrishajer
    Participant

    What version of bbPress and WordPress are you using?

    #6606
    phishshticks
    Member

    hi guys, i downloaded the fresh baked cookies plugin to support integration with wordpress, however, if i access my site without the www. before it, i do not remain logged in.

    is this a known issue? hopefully it’s an easy fix…

    thanks!

    #66151
    racejunk
    Member

    Been reading these forums for over two days and not making progress.

    Have WordPress 2.71 (not MU) and then BBPress .9. WordPress is installed in a subdomain http://newsedge.webjunk.com

    Installed the Freshly Baked Cookies plugin to allow bbpress to read newer cookies. Both WordPress and BBPress work fine on their own.

    If I create an Id with WordPress or BBPress I can log into both. Cookies are not shared. Have to login seperately.

    If (after loggin in both) I logout of WordPress, then I am logged out of both. If I log out from BBPress I am still logged into WordPress.

    The instructions on here are all over the place between various versions. Am thinking maybe tthere is other things that may have to be copied over from WP-CONFIG.PHP to BB-CONFIG.PHP. Could someone post something consise on what needs to be copied? Or anything else I should check?

    Thanks…..

    Paul

    #73113

    In reply to: MySQL version 4.0

    _ck_
    Participant

    bbPress has the same requirements as wordpress, so yes 4.0 is the minimum

    https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

    #73093
    bruinfelix
    Member

    Maybe when they realse the 2.8 version of WordPress ? ;-)

    #72985
    _ck_
    Participant

    The instructions are right under the wordpress integration menu in bbpress

    #54699
    adv_user
    Member

    “if WP and BBPress are sharing the same database”

    And if WordPress is diferent database of the BBPress?

    #72983
    _ck_
    Participant

    There are settings that stay in the database.

    For example the “WordPress database secret” is stored in your database settings and would be changed when you restored the db. That will completely affect cookies.

    So double check that it’s still same in WP and bbPress after you restore.

    #72465
    chrishajer
    Participant

    It’s possible that the .htaccess one level up (WordPress directory) is conflicting with this .htaccess. You can just turn off permalinks for now until you figure it out. If you’re intent on figuring it out to get permalinks working, you might want to spend some time browsing threads that are tagged identical to this one.

    #72464
    richbrown
    Member

    I did that and it takes me back to the forum page.

    #72463
    chrishajer
    Participant

    You need to add a .htaccess file for bbPress. You generate the rules by going to your site, here (once logged in as keymaster):

    http://www.example.com/forum-directory/bb-admin/rewrite-rules.php

    Then, paste those rules into a .htaccess file in your forum root.

    #73048
    chrishajer
    Participant
    #73067
    _ck_
    Participant

    If you are on a host with a menu based system like Cpanel or Plesk they usually have an option to password protect a directory. You can use that to protect your bbpress forum install (and wordpress) and that way it will be impossible to access for anyone except you.

    There is a bbpress plugin that forces login to be required to see the forum so you could install that and even if anyone found it, they would only see a login.

    #72462
    richbrown
    Member

    ArrowJ, where did you add the .htacess file?

    I have one for WP.

    Is this a new one?

    #72461
    arrowj
    Member

    added .htaccess…problem solved

    #73047
    richbrown
    Member

    2,71 and the latest stabel version of bbPress.

    #5007
    arrowj
    Member

    When I turn off pretty permalinks everything works great, but when I turn it on it tries to load the page as if it were part of my Wordpres blog and of course that post does not exist. I use advanced permalink structures in my WordPress blog so I’m not sure why this is happening. Any suggestions? I do not have my blog integrated with my forum (other than sharing the same db).

    #73054

    WordPress 2.7.1

    What did I do to make sure the cookies worked? Hmmm. Well, I went through the entire integration process in the bbPress admin panel. I never took it further than just setting it up because my site is brand new and realizing that I didn’t know how to integrate 3 bbPress databases into one WP install I talked myself out of the idea. So, nothing that I can think of.

    Here is the link to my site. Like I said it’s kind f a live trial run so nothing much is happening. Also, all of the plugins that I’m using are also used with my other forums that work.

    Is there a way to re-set the cookies integration?

    http://mcmxxii.com/

Viewing 25 results - 21,601 through 21,625 (of 26,984 total)
Skip to toolbar