Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'test'

Viewing 25 results - 10,526 through 10,550 (of 11,648 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #2837
    sydspinnin
    Member

    I installed bbPress into my WP directory such that its index.php lives here: http://stlrevolution.com/teamrev/forums/

    The admin tool seems to work fine. I am able to create topics and whatnot, see users, and all that. BUT, when I click on a topic, I receive file not found message.

    For example, I went to add a new test topic:

    http://stlrevolution.com/teamrev/forums/?new=1

    And when I clicked [Send Post], instead of seeing the post or some other page displayed, I received an error for this url:

    http://stlrevolution.com/teamrev/forums/topic/3?replies=1#post-3

    When I look in the forums folder, there is no “topic” folder, so I’m wondering what exactly I messed up during installation. Please advise. Thank you.

    #62631
    healthstatus
    Member

    made the

    Try this: $bb->mod_rewrite = false;

    change, deleted the .htaccess file, same result

    http://www.healthstatus.com/health_blog/forums/forum.php?id=1

    results in

    Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_get_header() in /usr/local/www/vhosts/healthstatus.com/htdocs/health_blog/forums/forum.php on line 1

    I also tried to delete a test post and it won’t delete.

    #2833
    healthstatus
    Member

    using bbpress .8.3 I can view my main page (http://www.healthstatus.com/health_blog/forums), I can view a latest discussion by clicking on it, but when I click on a forum, I get the message:

    Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_get_header() in /…../forums/forum.php on line 1

    Second, when I try and add a forum (from the admin screen) it just flashes at me but doesn’t add the new forum.

    #62626
    chrishajer
    Participant

    The bug you have run into is fixed in the latest trunk release, or you can see this thread and this post specifically about the change to make:

    PHP Error Messages

    It’s been discussed before as well:

    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/warning-invalid-argument-supplied-for-foreach-in-bb-settingsphp-on-line-173

    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/installation-problem-cannot-modify-header-information

    It’s just a php warning, and your server is configured to show warnings, so you see it. It does point to a problem with the code, but even with the warning, everything still works fine.

    #2824
    #62565
    starnet
    Member

    Thanks chrishajer and Trent. That was what I was leaning towards doing. I thought maybe there’s a way to incorporate bbPress’s loop inside WP’s.

    Now back to the drawing board creating the site’s common theme for bbP and WP.

    #62564
    Trent Adams
    Member

    If you search in https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ there is actually a plugin to do this for wordpress if I am not mistaken as well, but I use the way that chrishajer suggests myself as RSS feeds are easy to change and doesn’t require bbPress be in the same database ;)

    Trent

    #58563

    In reply to: editing profile

    Trent Adams
    Member

    Do you have a link to your forum for a little testing?

    Trent

    #62563
    chrishajer
    Participant

    How about using a WordPress plugin to display items from the Latest Discussion RSS feed from your forum?

    https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tags/syndication

    or

    http://wp-plugins.net/category/Feed_Syndication/

    #2820
    starnet
    Member

    I have WP on root, and bbP under /forum folder.

    How can I show the ‘Latest Discussions’ that is in the bbPress front page in the WP front page?

    Thanks in advance.

    #2812
    Erica Kapoor
    Member

    I found a bug for the latest version of bbPress.

    If you delete a topic, tags for that topic still remains in the hot tags list.

    #56113

    In reply to: New Topic Notification

    chilifrei64
    Member

    I am gonna revive this one.. At some point my email notifications stopped working and it doesnt look like anything new has been created for notifications.

    I have downloaded the latest from

    http://thomasklaiber.com/bbpress/post-notification/

    and it still doesnt work. Anybody else know how I can get this back???

    #62527
    chrishajer
    Participant

    Oh.

    I think what you want then is something that can display an RSS feed in your bbPress sidebar. I can’t recall if there is something like that now, for bbPress, but if there is, it would be a plugin.

    WordPress has lots of plugins like that, to display RSS content in your WordPress sidebar, maybe something like that could be adapted to bbPress.

    There was an old discussion of a bbPress plugin here but I don’t know if that plugin will work any more. Maybe it could be modified, if necessary, to use the latest bbPress.

    Good luck.

    #62455
    Sam Bauers
    Participant

    Which version of bbPress was this? 0.8.3.1 or latest trunk?

    #62307
    edwinfoo
    Member

    I have no backslashes (“”) at all in my pluggable.php file :-(

    However, while I have the same problem of NO OUTBOUND EMAIL when I tested, it must work sometimes because I got some new members yesterday that are posting. But I’ve got a bunch of others whose last log on was “NEVER”….hmmmm

    Something is definitely wrong

    #62462
    Olaf Lederer
    Participant

    Martino, I think this is related to some magic_quotes configuration from your webhost.

    first disable all plugins and do some test post (tell us if you get the backslashes after doing so)

    #61660

    In reply to: User Registration

    rslater
    Member

    IIS 6.0

    windows server 2003

    the site is on a dedicated server. Not sure if it is a server setting or a synch issue / coding issue with bbpress and wpress.

    after more testing here is what works currently.

    – Wp lost password and new registration works fine now as far as emailing out.

    – bbpress will email a notification when someone posts a new comment to your “favorites” topic

    -bbpress will NOT email out a new registration or a lost password

    Does that help in any to narrow it down?

    #2792

    I’ve gone over the configuration file, and it all looks correct. I am installing in forums.nerdgrind.com, which I gave it’s own directory, so there is no wordpress installation sharing the forums directory. I’m not sure why I keep getting this error:

    bbPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ ”, , ”, ‘2008-01-16 00:57:55” at line 4]

    INSERT INTO bb_topics (topic_title, topic_slug, topic_poster, topic_poster_name, topic_last_poster, topic_last_poster_name, topic_start_time, topic_time, forum_id) VALUES (‘Your first topic’, ‘your-first-topic’, , ”, , ”, ‘2008-01-16 00:57:55’, ‘2008-01-16 00:57:55’, 1)

    The database is setup, and all other tables are created except this one. I am using the latest bbPress.

    #62358

    In reply to: PHP Error Messages

    Sam Bauers
    Participant

    This is fixed in the latest trunk by the way.

    #61658

    In reply to: User Registration

    rslater
    Member

    version 0.8.3.1 – bbpress and WordPress (Version 2.3.2).. Nt Box

    Clarification Below.

    do you now of any bugs in the synchronizing of wp an bbp. I am testing these sytems and having issues with email registrations. I get an email notification in wp letting me know there is a new registrant but no registration password and link come through. When you register in bpress nothing happens other then saying password was sent.

    Even more odd is the fact that email notification for favorites in bbpress works just fine. I have no idea what the issue is. can anyone help me.. At this point I would donate to your cause if you can get this to work/synchronize.

    sit is located at homesandagents dot com

    #62355

    In reply to: PHP Error Messages

    chrishajer
    Participant

    Sam, there are no trac tickets that I know of, just forum reports. I’ve already provided links to those. I hesitate to create a trac ticket myself since I have not experienced it first hand. I suspect the developers haven’t either, which is why it appears to still be happening.

    Maybe instead of trying to recreate the problem, someone can look at lines 168 – 172 in bb-settings.php and see if the warning thrown on line 169 has a good reason. It certainly seems to be related to a missing my_plugins or bb-plugins folder, and no underscore plugins. I thought there was a difference between PHP4 and PHP5 at some point, but maybe that’s a red herring.

    Also, since it’s just a warning, maybe it’s not really a hard error, just a warning, but the server is configured to show warnings, thus the warning comes first and then you get the “cannot modify header information” because the warning came first. Maybe the server needs to be configured to show warnings for this to happen? Is there an .htaccess directive to force PHP to show warnings, or maybe another way to test this?

    (BTW, I just checked out 0.8.3.1 and configured my server to use PHP4 and I do not have this error. In the stock install, there is no my-plugins or bb-plugins folder. So, maybe it is throwing a warning but my server is not configured to show them?)

    #62237
    rslater
    Member

    do you now of any bugs in the synchronizing of wp an bbp. I am testing these sytems and having issues with email registrations. I get an email notification in wp letting me know there is a new registrant but no registration password and link come through. When you register in bpress nothing happens other then saying password was sent.

    Even more odd is the fact that email notification for favorites in bbpress works just fine. I have no idea what the issue is. can anyone help me.. At this point I would donate to your cause if you can get this to work/synchronize.

    sit is located at homesandagents dot com

    #62351

    In reply to: PHP Error Messages

    chrishajer
    Participant

    What version are you using? In the trunk, line 169 of bb-settings.php does not have a foreach statement, so maybe you’re using something other than the trunk release?

    That error is related to not having a my-plugins folder and I think possibly not having any plugins in that folder that start with an underscore.

    This was talked about a couple times:

    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/warning-invalid-argument-supplied-for-foreach-in-bb-settingsphp-on-line-173

    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/installation-problem-cannot-modify-header-information

    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/php-error-site-mangement-plugins-page

    I thought the latest 0.8.3.1 release took care of that, but maybe it doesn’t.

    If it were me, I would try creating a my-plugins directory, and then making sure there were some plugins in that folder.

    #62350
    Sam Bauers
    Participant

    If you use the latest trunk from the subversion repository then this setting is made in the database rather than the config file.

    Scroll to the bottom of this page and use the “Zip Archive” link.

    Although a little new, trunk should be stable enough to use right now (rev.1010).

    Better still, install trunk using subversion and then updating is much simpler.

    #2448
    Sam Bauers
    Participant

    This information will only affect those following the bleeding edge of bbPress and WordPress development.

    bbPress now has implemented in it’s trunk both the new “phpass” hashing for passwords and the new “authcookie” cookie methods which are slated for release in WordPress 2.5

    This means that if you are integrating WordPress and bbPress then you can now test out the latest versions of each.

    If you have any feedback or problems with integration then post here or on the bbDev mailing list.

Viewing 25 results - 10,526 through 10,550 (of 11,648 total)
Skip to toolbar