Search Results for 'code'
-
Search Results
-
My site is, http://www.forgreenpeas.com.
And here’s my setup…
Wordpress: 3.5.1
Theme: TwentyTwelve
Buddypress: 1.7
bbPress: 2.2.4I’ve done a clean install of everything. (via FTP)
I’ve created a forum with one topic.
When I go to the forums index page, all I see is…“Index of /forums”
I’ve tried creating a “Forums” page (with the shortcode [bbp-forum-index]), but I always get the same result when I go to that page.
Another thing to note is that the individual forums show up fine, as you can see here…
http://www.forgreenpeas.com/forums/forum/group-forums/
Also, I’ve looked in the database, and was unable to find any tables with the prefix “wp_bb”.
I can’t help but think I’m doing something seriously wrong here.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Todd
This is probably a dumb question, and you’ll point me to a much easier solution!
Also I am still very new to wordpress, so understand a little of css and php’s but not tons. I’ll use thing and thingy a lot as well, so as not to embarrass myself with the wrong technical terms.
I am using bbpress 2.2.4 on WordPress 3.5.1 with a twentyten child theme that does a few minor mods.
I am setting up a forum, but don’t want users to see the WordPress toolbar, as this is outside the theme.
But I do want users to be able to change their password and details.
I am using the bbpress login widget in the bbpress sidebar, and by clicking the avatar or their username, users can get to a theme friendly profile page that lets them do just this.
However clicking the avatar is not instinctive, and I’d like (in the absence of a more obvious solution) to add a thingy to the bbpress sidebar that says “amend profile/change password” which when clicked takes you to the same place that clicking the avatar does (or some similar solution)
From searching on the forums, I have found the line within the widget that does this for the avatar (around line 140) which looks like
a href=”” class=”submit user-submit”><?php echo get_avatar( bbp_get_current_user_id(), '40' ); ?
But have no idea how to then use this or other code to achieve the goal.Any good ideas, or is there a very basic solution I’ve missed.
Thanks
This is probably a dumb question, and you’ll point me to a much easier solution!
Also I am still very new to wordpress, so understand a little of css and php’s but not tons. I’ll use thing and thingy a lot as well, so as not to embarrass myself with the wrong technical terms.
I am using bbpress 2.2.4 on WordPress 3.5.1 with a twentyten child theme that does a few minor mods.
I am setting up a forum, but don’t want users to see the WordPress toolbar, as this is outside the theme.
But I do want users to be able to change their password and details.
I am using the bbpress login widget in the bbpress sidebar, and by clicking the avatar or their username, users can get to a theme friendly profile page that lets them do just this.
However clicking the avatar is not instinctive, and I’d like (in the absence of a more obvious solution) to add a thingy to the bbpress sidebar that says “amend profile/change password” which when clicked takes you to the same place that clicking the avatar does (or some similar solution)
From searching on the forums, I have found the line within the widget that does this for the avatar (around line 140) which looks like
a href=”” class=”submit user-submit”><?php echo get_avatar( bbp_get_current_user_id(), '40' ); ?
But have no idea how to then use this or other code to achieve the goal.Any good ideas, or is there a very basic solution I’ve missed.
Thanks
Topic: changing the forums list
I would like to change the way the forum page is displayed.
Hi Ari,I don’t wan to change the colors or so I want to change the content.
it was:
Catregory1 topics reply freshness
Forum11(t,r), Forum12(t,r), …Categoty2 topics reply freshness
Forum21(t,r), Forum22(t,r)…I want it to be
Category1
Forum11, Newest Topic / Reply
Forum12, Newest Topic / Reply
.
.
.Category2
Forum21, Newest Topic / Reply
Forum22, Newest Topic / Reply
.
.
.ih hacked the bbp_list_forums to get a linebreak but now I’m stuck
can someone give some help me? Even some codesnippets or a link to documentation would be helpful.Thanks
I am using Premise 2.4 and have installed the Premise bbPress Connect plugin. I do not see how they link to each other and have been unable to have a forum work from within Premise. I have used the shortcodes to put pieces in my Premise pages, and they show up there, but as soon as I click a link, it takes me outside of the Premise site into my root site. They look different, and I don’t want this for my members.
Is there a way to (pardon my limited use of the language) imbed the forum into my Premise site? Does anyone know how the connect plugin is supposed to work? I have not found any way to configure it to work. Any way of getting my bbPress forum to live within my Premise page is welcomed. Thank you all for your suggestions.
Premise can be found at http://www.getpremise.com.
Topic: Shortcode Not Working
Hello guys,
I am using the latest version of WordPress and BBPress and this following shortcode is not working:
[bbp-forum-index]
Here is the page with the problem: http://doubtingdave.com/forums/
This is probably a dumb question, and you’ll point me to a much easier solution!
Also I am still very new to wordpress, so understand a little of css and php’s but not tons. I’ll use thing and thingy a lot as well, so as not to embarrass myself with the wrong technical terms.
I am using bbpress 2.2.4 on WordPress 3.5.1 with a twentyten child theme that does a few minor mods.
I am setting up a forum, but don’t want users to see the WordPress toolbar, as this is outside the theme.
But I do want users to be able to change their password and details.
I am using the bbpress login widget in the bbpress sidebar, and by clicking the avatar or their username, users can get to a theme friendly profile page that lets them do just this.
However clicking the avatar is not instinctive, and I’d like (in the absence of a more obvious solution) to add a thingy to the bbpress sidebar that says “amend profile/change password” which when clicked takes you to the same place that clicking the avatar does (or some similar solution)
From searching on the forums, I have found the line within the widget that does this fro teh avatar (around line 140) which looks like
‘<a href="” class=”submit user-submit”>
But have no idea how to then use this or other code to achieve the goal.
Any good ideas, or is there a very basic solution I’ve missed.
Thanks
Topic: Issue with Topics
I am fairly miserable at web design, so I did the visuals and had another person do the bulk of the code and technical stuff for my website. I have a WordPress site with forums on the site using bbPress. My issue is that I seem to only be capable of having 5 topics in the forum at any given time. At the top it will indicate it is showing topics 1-5 of 8, but there is no link to any page where the older topics can be found. It’s fairly useless to have a Forum where only the most recent 5 topics can be seen. So my question is, is there a simple fix I am overlooking, or is this more likely something the person I had work on the site previously set up aside from bbPress? The site is live, and can be seen here: