Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 13,176 through 13,200 (of 32,573 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #140244
    Oynayo
    Participant

    Thanks for response Stephan,
    I actually managed to do this by using some code in loop-search.php and I used the same code in loop-replies.php…heres the code that does it…

    
    <?php if(get_post_type() == 'reply'):?>
    
           <?php // CHECK IF THIS REPLY IS UNDER MEMBERS ONLY FORUM.
           $parent = array_reverse(get_post_ancestors($post->ID)); // get an array of all the parent pages in order from most distant to closest.
           $first_parent = get_page($parent[0]); //get the first page in the array, which is the most distant parent
           $int = apply_filters('the_ID', $first_parent->ID); //filter the $first_parent to get only the wordpress page/post ID, which is an integer like 49 or 565. store it as a variable $int
           ?>
    		
            <?php if($int == 48) :?>
    	        <?php // DISPLAY A MESSAGE SAYING THE REPLY IS HIDDEN ?>
    	        <?php if(!user_subscribed()):?>
    		        <?php //bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'search-reply-membersonly'); ?>
    		        <div class="hidden-forum-comment">This comment is only visible to subscribers. <a href="/join">Click here to subscribe.</a></div>
    	        <?php endif;?>
            <?php else :?>
                    <?php bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'search-reply'); ?>
            <?php endif ;?>
    
    <?php elseif(get_post_type() == 'forum'): ?>
    	<?php bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'search-forum'); ?>
    <?php elseif(get_post_type() == 'topic'): ?>	
    	<?php bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'search-topic'); ?>
    <?php endif;?>
    
    

    Hope i’ve pasted that correctly.
    48 is the ID of the Members Only Forum.
    !user_subscribed() is one of my own functions to check if a user is subscribed to a product with DAP (Digital Access Pass).

    If anyone needs more help with this just ask. Be happy to help.

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    It looks like the issue is fixed?

    Anyway see the comment on this ticket in Trac for more details https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2204#comment:3

    On each bbPress related page, the bbPress adds a class ‘bbPress’ to the body html element, so adding something like below would solve the problem in a non-obtrusive way.

    body.bbPress #nav > li.menu-item-318 > a {
    formatting for the highlighted menu item class
    }

    Where, menu-item-318 is the id of the page which should have been highlighted by the current_page_parent or current_menu_item class, which are not attached (for which this ticket is for).
    Of course, this is just a hack, but it does get the work done.

    #140229
    Hansaplastique
    Participant

    Thanks Stephen for the reply and suggestion.

    I’ve looked at those yes and they work great except for code that has backticks in it 🙁 … Some examples shell code that is being posted on my forum actually uses backticks in the code which makes it all a big mess … 🙁

    The current “fancy” editor doesn’t work well with code either, specially when switching back and forth between WYSIWYG and code.
    In this day and age I’d like to avoid that my visitors have to “code” their own HTML to get a message posted right.

    What I’ve done so far:
    – create my own rich editor
    – disable backticks in bbPress

    This works pretty good, but it most certainly is not perfect either.
    Obviously changing bbPress core files is a no-no from a maintenance perspective (hence my request).

    While looking for a solution I noticed that I’m not the only one experiencing this back tick problem – frankly; the editor for bbPress needs some serious reconsideration … isn’t it time for a capable WYSIWYG editor?

    No disrespect intended to the developers!!
    I really appreciate the enormous amount of work they have done, and I understand that my editor issues are maybe not the top priority.
    I really like bbPress as a forum for WordPress, and I consider it so far the best option out there.

    #140226
    JakubMarian
    Participant

    Hello, I am trying to integrate bbPress seamlessly into my custom WordPress theme. However, this theme defines several global variables which are then used by the theme files.

    These variables are defined as global variables in header.php of the wordpress theme and are used without problems in all theme files. Example:

    header.php
    global $variable;
    $variable = "value";

    single.php
    global $variable;
    echo $variable; // outputs "value" as it should

    So far, so good. But if I try to use the variable in a bbPress theme file, it is empty:

    content-single-topic.php
    global $variable;
    echo $variable; // outputs ""

    When bbPress is done, the variable comes back to life:

    loop-single.php
    echo $variable; // outputs "value" as it should
    the_content(); // all the bbPress stuff, $variable empty – what happens there?
    echo $variable; // outputs "value" again

    Using print_r($GLOBALS), it turns out that in fact all the custom variables cease to exist for the time bbPress is doing its job and than come back to life.

    How can I pass a global value to the bbPress theme files without doing absurd things like querying the database?

    jwarren
    Participant

    Sorry, that should be: bbp_get_user_profile_url()

    #140224
    s1r0n
    Participant

    thx. i was hoping for tha filter or action but I can look in the plugin code for the answer.

    have a great day!

    jwarren
    Participant

    Okay, sorted!

    I took a dive into bbPress source code, and ‘bb_get_user_profile_url()’ is the correct function to use to get to a user’s profile. Here’s the source link

    And an example usage:

    <?php $this_user = wp_get_current_user(); ?>
    <a href="<?php echo bbp_get_user_profile_url($this_user->ID); ?>edit/">Edit Forum profile</a>
    
    jwarren
    Participant

    Thanks for giving it a shot. Sorry, the code wasn’t a straight copy and paste and I slightly borked it in the post.

    It’s basically:

    <?php $this_user = wp_get_current_user(); ?>
    <a href="/forums/users/<?php echo $this_user->user_login; ?>/edit/">Edit Forum profile</a>
    

    You’ll find that this should generate the same URL as you’ve done.

    ronthai
    Participant

    I thought it might had to do with your linked php part, but have not tried it.

    If they are participant, edit profile should work, no idea why you get a 404

    EDIT:
    Just tried your php code in a link and does not work for me

    jwarren
    Participant

    Thanks @ronthai, but that’s kind of the same thing I’m doing. If you check the source, you’ll see wp_get_current_user() basically abstracts the same thing. Did check out your linked post though, neat idea.

    Any idea on the edit profile capabilities? It’s really kicking my arse.

    ronthai
    Participant

    Menu link to Profile

    <?php global $current_user;
          get_currentuserinfo();
         echo  $current_user->user_login . "";      
    ?>
    #140213
    Simon Barnett
    Participant

    Is it possible to combine Forum Index with Topics by Freshness?
    ie. list the fresh topics beneath the Forum title link to which they belong?

    I’m not sure why Forum Settings page has:
    Topics & Replies Per Page
    Topics – How many topics to show per page in the forum index

    ..when topics is only represented as a number – feels like I may be missing something.

    #140212
    RukiaR7
    Participant

    Ok so I’m using buddypress, and as I understand it subscribers to my website have the comments, buddypress, and bbpress all connected. So if you upload a avatar for one it’ll be used for all. As I understand it being on wordpress for a month.

    Is there a (simple noob) way or plugin to get options on avatar sizes? And somehow get it to work for buddypress, bbpress, and comments. Or at least bbpress.

    In other words if users upload a square avatar it’ll be square in the comments, buddypress profile, and bbpress since they’re all connected. Or if they upload a long rectangular one it’ll be long and rectangular everywhere also. I can settle for square in the comments but I really want long ones in buddy and bbpress.

    Or would I have to change the code in buddypress, and in bbpress, and somehow for the comments as I think I do. If thats the case I only ask for help with the bbpress since this is bbpress support.

    I know how to change the avatar size in buddypress from this article (though I haven’t tried it yet, I like to gather information then potentially ruin my site afterwards). http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-change-the-default-buddypress-avatar-sizes/

    Problem is I’m not sure if the cropping will still work if I change from square to rectangle as the cropping seems to only work in squares. So I found this article to deal with the cropping. http://offthewallmedia.com/programming/buddypress-crop-avatar-to-any-ratio Though I haven’t tested it yet.

    So I just wanted to ask before I mess something up if there is a better way to accomplish all this or if there was a plugin or anything and if I change all these settings in buddypress would it be the same for bbpress andor the comments. Thanks for any help.

    #140210
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Thanks, indeed it does help, gets some of those pesky regex strings half sorted out.

    It be extremely keen on seeing what JOIN expressions you used to join the posts & topics table as if I remember correctly this was the only thing holding me back from including this as one of the new featured importers in bbPress 2.5.

    #140208
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    You probably want to look into WordPress’ ‘Conditional Tags’
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

    And then a list of bbPress’ conditional tags https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-conditional-tags/

    #140207
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    You can also go down the path of add Post Thumbnails to your forums and topics, not so much replies though unless you have some awesome templates 😉

    There is some example code in this thread:

    Add Featured Image to the BBpress Index

    #140206
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    The creator/developer of bbPress or the Mods, can not help in translations, they just have to trust anybody whom submits a translation.

    Kind of correct, all the translations are handled by the same translation process for WordPress

    https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-in-your-language/

    Using pt_BR as an example if you take a look at: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/bbpress/dev

    You will see that Portuguese (Brazil) is at 94% translated, 975 strings translated and 60 strings untranslated.

    @tvieira If you open this link it shows you the 60 strings that have yet to be translated for bbPress. You can update these strings yourself and then contact the Brazilian translator team via one of these links to get these translations approved. Once approved they should then become available via WordPress’ automatic updates in the very near future.

    https://br.wordpress.org/contact/
    https://br.forums.wordpress.org/
    http://wp-brasil.org/

    #140204
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    I know many sites that are using bbPress for code are using the ‘Crayon Syntax Highlighter’ plugin. Have you had a look at this plugin? Will that do what you require?

    #140197
    Alex
    Participant

    The “js minify” feature of performance plugins such as W3TC breaks the bbpress Visual editor. Which code can I add to the “exclude” list to make it work again? Ie. I’m looking for the bbPress TinyMCE/Visual editor js code to add to that list.

    WP 3.8
    bbPress 2.5.1

    #140189
    Lynqoid
    Participant

    Hi,

    .bbp-template-notice {
    display: none !important;
    }

    and

    .bbp-template-notice p {
    display: none !important;
    }

    Are causing the message that no search results were returned to be hidden, which causes part of the blank page. Along with that you also have a minus margin on your sliderdiv which cause a lot of the bbpress forum to go underneath it.

    Good luck!

    #140187
    Lynqoid
    Participant

    I’m not 100% on what is happening without seeing a site link, if you can find out where the coupons are being rendered then you could wrap them in if(!is_bbpress()) { }

    #140185
    Lynqoid
    Participant

    If you want to make the tickbox ticked by default you could use a small bit of jQuery

    jQuery("#checkbox").prop('checked', true);

    Then just include it in the admin or frontend – where ever you need it.

    #140184
    s1r0n
    Participant

    i don’t know why this one was so hard for the support people to answer, but the hook I was looking for was

    add_filter( 'bbp_get_reply_content', 'lp_access_enforcement', 99,2);

    this allows me to take the content just before it is posted on the screen and manipulate it how I want. now my forums here

    http://thelightningpath.com/forum/subject/the-need-for-spirit-to-sustain-a-growing-baby/

    can be locked down. people now need to pay for a subscription to get access to certain forums on my site.

    i’m posting this for anybody else that might want to expand on bbpress’s limited access functionality.

    #140183
    jreeve
    Participant

    I’m trying to make this checkbox checked by default: Create a Group -> 4. Forum -> Group Forum -> “Yes. I want this Group to have a forum.”

    I found the code that handles this at /plugins/bbpress/includes/extend/buddypress/group.php, a function called create_screen. I’d like to customize this function, so I copied the function to a plugin script. I figure I have to do something like

    remove_action(‘whereever_the_hook_for_the_group_creation_thing_is’, ‘create_screen’);
    add_action( ‘whereever_the_hook_for_the_group_creation_thing_is’, ‘create_screen’ );

    to get my custom version to replace the stock version, but I don’t know where the hook is or how to go about finding it.

    #140181
    wesleyjohns24
    Participant

    The dialog in bbPress for inserting a link into a post by default shows a search box and a list of existing content on the site.

    I am using WooCommerce on the same WordPress installation as bbPress. The problem is that WooCommerce coupons use Pages. This means all of my coupons (often ones that are created for specific people or specific purposes) can be publicly displayed in this list.

    I’ve edited my css to display: none; this section, but I’m not satisfied with this solution as it is still possible for someone to change the css and view these pages.

    Is there a way I can disable this feature? How might I go about modifying the code to remove it?

Viewing 25 results - 13,176 through 13,200 (of 32,573 total)
Skip to toolbar