Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

get a replies parent forum

• serks
    Participant

@serks

I need a way to find out what a replies parent forum is.

Reason is because I have created members only forums in a specific way by integrating DAP (Digital Access Pass) conditional functions. All of this is working great but my problem is with the search function of bbpress.

I need to filter the search so it doesn’t display replies that are under members only forums.
    So like, IF REPLY_ID IS CHILD OF FORUM_NAME-OR-ID, REPLY = MEMBERS-ONLY-REPLY.

I don’t mind if it displays topics but I do not want people to see replies that are under members only forums if they are not a member.

So I think the file I need to play with is loop-search-reply.php but I need some help with figuring out the code to do this.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You probably want to look into WordPress’ ‘Conditional Tags’
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

And then a list of bbPress’ conditional tags https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-conditional-tags/

serks
    Participant

@serks

Thanks for response Stephan,
    I actually managed to do this by using some code in loop-search.php and I used the same code in loop-replies.php…heres the code that does it…

<?php if(get_post_type() == 'reply'):?>

<?php // CHECK IF THIS REPLY IS UNDER MEMBERS ONLY FORUM.
           $parent = array_reverse(get_post_ancestors($post->ID)); // get an array of all the parent pages in order from most distant to closest.
           $first_parent = get_page($parent[0]); //get the first page in the array, which is the most distant parent
           $int = apply_filters('the_ID', $first_parent->ID); //filter the $first_parent to get only the wordpress page/post ID, which is an integer like 49 or 565. store it as a variable $int
           ?>

<?php if($int == 48) :?>
    	        <?php // DISPLAY A MESSAGE SAYING THE REPLY IS HIDDEN ?>
    	        <?php if(!user_subscribed()):?>
    		        <?php //bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'search-reply-membersonly'); ?>
    		        <div class="hidden-forum-comment">This comment is only visible to subscribers. <a href="/join">Click here to subscribe.</a></div>
    	        <?php endif;?>
            <?php else :?>
                    <?php bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'search-reply'); ?>
            <?php endif ;?>

<?php elseif(get_post_type() == 'forum'): ?>
    	<?php bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'search-forum'); ?>
    <?php elseif(get_post_type() == 'topic'): ?>	
    	<?php bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'search-topic'); ?>
    <?php endif;?>

Hope i’ve pasted that correctly.
    48 is the ID of the Members Only Forum.
    !user_subscribed() is one of my own functions to check if a user is subscribed to a product with DAP (Digital Access Pass).

If anyone needs more help with this just ask. Be happy to help.

Cool, that will work, thanks for the follow up and code example 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar