Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

support for sms message when there is a forum update

• ijourneaux
    Participant

@ijourneaux

I have bbPress up and running but was wondering how I might be able to allow users to get an sms text message when there is a new forum post. I have played around with the WordPress Text message plugin but Wasn’t able to figure out a way to incert the codes onto the form pages.

Ian

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Give this plugin a try, you should be able to customize the templates as needed.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-custom-reply-notifications/

ijourneaux
    Participant

@ijourneaux

Stephen
    Thanks for pointing me towards the plugin. Unfortunately I am still learning my way around WordPress and bbPress. I haven’t gotten to the point where I am customizing templates. Would you have any additional tips? or a resource you can point me to so I try and figure it out.

Lynqoid
    Participant

@lynqoid

The best way to start is to get a website up and running with bbPress, then copy the bbPress template files from the plugin into your WordPress theme – once you get to that stage then take a backup of your full WordPress theme files.

Then get stuck in and start changing some of the bbPress template files, if anything goes wrong just upload the backup and your reset (make sure you take a backup at set intervals so you don’t lose things you want to keep).

Good luck!

ijourneaux
    Participant

@ijourneaux

Thanks for the tip. Will that out over the next few days.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar