have a play with this
#bbpress-forums div.bbp-the-content-wrapper {
width: 200px;
}
bbpress is not designed for backend use by ordinary users – the backend is really for administration, so participants don’t get this area.
New topics are shown below the forum list, or by creating a page and using one of the shortcodes
[bbp-topic-form] – Display the ‘New Topic’ form where you can choose from a drop down menu the forum that this topic is to be associated with.
[bbp-topic-form forum_id=$forum_id] – Display the ‘New Topic Form’ for a specific forum ID.
or by adding a button, such as in the style pack plugin
bbp style pack
Does anyone know how I can modify the template notice text?
Here’s the code for it:
<div class=”bbp-template-notice”>
<p>Your account has the ability to post unrestricted HTML content.</p>
</div>
I would like to change what it says to “Please don’t post anything inappropriate! Our supervisors are invited to this forum.”
Or I’d like to just delete it altogether then have this sentence be a general forum notice. I’ve started looking through the php files with no luck so far… I wish they’d make it easier to change things like this in the front end of this plugin. My users don’t need to see this and half of them won’t know what it means. I’ve just changed the text and outline to white for now to hide it but it leaves a big empty space.
I wish I was more familiar with writing code on my own so I can just add it to the front end customizer.
Thanks so much for your time!!
Take care,
Kari
hmm, suspect this is theme related, and would need bespoke code to fix – sorry
No response in nearly 5 days is leaving me rather concerned to use bbPress. Is this the ussual support response-time?
Anyway, I figured out a workaround using a plugin called PHP Code Widget.
The plugin I am using is: https://wordpress.org/plugins/php-code-widget/
An example of one of the codes I am using is:
<?php
$forum_id = get_the_ID();
$forum_add_topic='[bbp-single-topic id ="'.$forum_id.'"]';
echo do_shortcode($forum_add_topic);
?>
Hello,
Okay, I like something that doesn’t query the DB to much. Would something like this work? I’m somewhat new to arrays and post_meta, but trying to learn fast.
/*Remove all topics from Amazon CloudSearch if topic is in a private forum*/
/*Private Forums are added as an integration through a plugin*/
/*Amazon CloudSearch is added as integration through a plugin*/
function exclude_topics_in_private_forum() {
$forum_id = bbp_get_forum_id();
$query = bbp_get_all_child_ids($forum_id, 'post');
foreach($query as $q) {
OR
foreach($query as $key => $q) {
if(is_private_forum($forum_id) ) {
update_post_meta($q, 'exclude', 1);
OR
update_post_meta($key, 'exclude', 1);
} elseif(!is_private_forum($forum_id) ) {
delete_post_meta($q, 'exclude');
}
}
}
add_action('bbp_new_forum', 'exclude_topics_in_private_forum' );
add_action('bbp_edit_forum', 'exclude_topics_in_private_forum' );
How does that look? Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I would really like to create forums for my website, however, I don’t have this option:
A. Set Up Sitewide Forums only
Install and activate bbPress.
Proceed to bbPress.org Codex to get started in creating your Sitewide Forums.
If you kept the default “forums” slug in Settings > Forums, you can create a new Page via Pages > Add New. Add Title “Forums” and insert the forums index shortcode and/or other bbPress shortcode you’ll find in the bbPress Codex then publish the new page.
Add new “Forums” Page in your custom menu via Appearances > Menu
Can someone please tell me what I am missing?
Thank you so much for your time!!
Take care,
Kari
I used the ID field of the parent topic (in table wp_posts).
I suspect that I’ll have to mess with the wp_postmeta table as well (though at first I didn’t see a direct connection to the messages not appearing on the forum).
Hi.
I have an XML file containing messages (title, date, author and body). I’ve considered three methods of importing these messages into bbPress:
1. Into the database. I’ve written a PHP script to automate that but because the messages are in Hebrew then the encoding causes the text to be gibberish. When that problem was solved, topics that were inseted into the wp_posts table didn’t appear in the forum page.
2. Using the custom importing method. The database structure required to import the messages isn’t really understandable, how should my database be organized in order to transition my data from one database into WordPress’?
3. Using POST requests. I managed to parse the POST request the posting form does in order to make requests of my own. This is complicated, however, due to use of session cookies.
Right now the option that seems the best to me is (2). Instead of messing with encoding issues or session cookies, I need to create a second database but the question is: in which way should my data be organized? How are the IDs working? I didn’t really manage to catch all of that using the docs available here.
However, when BBPress is active, this will not work and will always redirecting to Homepage but if BBPress is activated, the custom code will work perfectly.
Can’t see a difference between the 1st half and the 2nd half of this sentence !!
Hello Support,
http://www.imanicogic.com
Wordpress Version:4.7.5
BBPress Version: 2.5.12
This was tried on other themes and our WordPress Developer encouraged us to submit this to you.
==========================
We are trying to redirect Members, Groups, and Activity pages to a custom URL. We are using the following code:
function church_bp_page_template_redirect()
{
if( ! is_user_logged_in() && ! bp_is_activation_page() && ! bp_is_register_page() && (bp_is_current_component(‘members’) bp_is_current_component(‘activity’) bp_is_current_component(‘groups’))) {
wp_redirect( ‘/imani-secured-login/’ );
exit();
}
}
add_action( ‘template_redirect’, ‘church_bp_page_template_redirect’,10 );
However, when BBPress is active, this will not work and will always redirecting to Homepage but if BBPress is activated, the custom code will work perfectly.
Can you please check if there are any conflicts with Buddypress and BBPress in regards to template_redirect?
Thanks!
@tkserver, @casiepa glad to read you’re keeping up with the good work.
I’m a bit swamped in these days, wrapping up my experience overseas and having to move back to the old continent next week.
I’ll have a better look at the latest additions in Pascal’s repo and its fork by @tkserver.
I’m looking forward to see how that all evolves and I’ll be more than happy to contribute, as soon as I’ll have some time.
I’d just love to find some space to discuss about the design aspects of the API too, before diving too much into writing code and risk to bump into limitations late in the process.
I keep reading you with great interest.
Cheers,
s t e
You could try bbp_get_all_child_ids(), though it does a direct database query, and has no limit on the results that get returned, so in cases where there are many topics to chug through, it can be a bit much.
Hello @robin-w,
I still need to get this straight. Maybe something like this would work?
/*Remove all topics from Amazon CloudSearch if topic is in a private forum*/
/*Private Forums are added as an integration through a plugin*/
/*Amazon CloudSearch is added as integration through a plugin*/
function exclude_topics_in_private_forum() {
$forum_id = bbp_get_forum_id();
$query = bbp_has_topics( array( 'post_parent' => $forum_id) );
foreach($query as $q) {
if(is_private_forum($forum_id) ) {
update_post_meta($q, 'exclude', 1);
} elseif(!is_private_forum($forum_id) ) {
delete_post_meta($q, 'exclude');
}
}
}
add_action('bbp_new_forum', 'exclude_topics_in_private_forum' );
add_action('bbp_edit_forum', 'exclude_topics_in_private_forum' );
It is important to note that I am using custom plugins to pull off a lot of the private forum abilities that way I can control user access better. I think the code snippet above will do it. Thoughts?
Thanks.
I changed the memory limit but it did not improve. I changed templates and limited plugins to basic plugins only. Still it will not improve.
I enabled the debug mode and clicked the forum list, the following error was displayed.
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/forums/functions.php:1800 Stack trace: #0 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): bbp_pre_get_posts_normalize_forum_visibility(Object(WP_Query)) #1 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #2 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/plugin.php(515): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php(1681): do_action_ref_array('pre_get_posts', Array) #4 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php(3238): WP_Query->get_posts() #5 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/class-wp.php(617): WP_Query->query(Array) in /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/forums/functions.php on line 1800
I am using PHP 7.1, is not bbPress compatible with this?
anybody know the “reset my password” selector code that I can use to link a popup. I can’t seem to get it because the box disappears whenever I’m logged it.
Thanks
the css code worked for the sidebar, minus the keep me logged in button. For the other issue I’ll have to see if it’s the theme because I tried bbp style pack and didn’t seem to help. Thank you
On my page that the forum index shortcode is set, I created it in Elementor. Once I save it and view my page, the forum page displays the forum but in a topic in the forum, the bbpress index shortcode is pasted again making a forum within a forum. I couldn’t figure out how to fix this forumception so I’m appealing here.
Hi,
I’m new to bbPress, I have a forum that is set up, and I’d like to display the first 50 topics. I’ve successfully used the shortcode “bbp-topic-index” to display the first 15 topics, but I was wondering if there was a way to increase the number of topics?
Thanks in advance for your help
may be theme rather than plugin related, but try
bbp style pack
to do styling
can’t see the forum (get no topics), but you can fix the sidebar with
#sidebar .bbp-login-form label {
width: 100%;
}
you can put this into the custom css part of your theme or in the custom css of the plugin above
I am trying to integrate BBPress into a site created with Toolset – Layouts, Types and Views.
The following BBPress shortcodes require an ID parameter:
[bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id]
[bbp-topic-form forum_id=$forum_id]
[bbp-single-topic id=$topic_id]
[bbp-single-reply id=$reply_id]
Each of the IDs required above are aliases for the post_id, which Toolset privides a shortcode for. In order to get the templates to work for layouts applied to single Forums, Topics and Replies I need to include the current post ID. The simplest way I can imagine to do this would be as follows?
[bbp-single-forum id='[wpv-post-id]’]
[bbp-topic-form forum_id='[wpv-post-id]’]
[bbp-single-topic id='[wpv-post-id]’]
[bbp-single-reply id='[wpv-post-id]’]
Unfortunately I get the following output at the front end?
‘]
This makes clear to me that nested shortcodes are not supported in the BBPress. Is there a straightforward way of extending this functionality, perhaps through the functions.php file? This would create full compatibility with BBPress and Toolset. I couldn’t find any solutions to this shared on this support forum but it seems to me as something that may be a common problem and could have been tackled before.
I hope you can assist.
Hello,
There are multiple topics under a forum. I want recent replies of such topics that are under a specific forum. Short code is available fr recent topics that gets the result from all over the topics that is x forum, or in Y forum.
But I want the recent replies from all topics that are under X forum.
Please suggest some solution for the same.