Categories
Search
Bottom

Multisite

• benjaminsaarde
    Participant

@benjaminsaarde

Hi,
    I want a way to direct people to the authors subsite instead of the authors bb-press profile, when people click at the authors profile link at topics and comments. I am not the best to php, but I am really good at copy-paste 😉
    Thank you!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• maureenash
    Participant

@maureenash

THANKS

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

How will people get to the author archives of your blog? Do you care if they’re not publicly linked anywhere?

benjaminsaarde
    Participant

@benjaminsaarde

I am not sure I understand your question. I want a forum like this one. If I click at your or maureenashs name, I will be redirected to your bb-press profile. I want a feature on my site where instead of being redirected to the bb-press profile I want people to be redirected to the person’s subsite.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I see.

So then, how will users ever visit each others forum profiles, or even edit their own?

benjaminsaarde
    Participant

@benjaminsaarde

They won’t. I don’t want to use the bb-press profiles. Do you know how to do it?

benjaminsaarde
    Participant

@benjaminsaarde

Anyone?

Robin W

@robin-w

Swapping where it goes to is easy if it were just one address eg all profiles go to http://www.thisite.com

Otherwise you will either need a formula or an entry in a database which this accesses.

Come back with what ‘the person’s subsite’ is.

benjaminsaarde
    Participant

@benjaminsaarde

Ok. I want people to make their own site with wordpress multisite, I want all users to have one multisite and one say in the bb-press forums. I am not that good at php. Do you maybe know some articles which could help me make some php to do this? I don’t don’t know where to end or begin. Thank you.

Robin W

@robin-w

sounds like a whole project, and way beyond a few lines of code.

benjaminsaarde
    Participant

@benjaminsaarde

That’s what I feared, I just had to give it a try 😉 thank you.
    I also recently posted another question in the WordPress forum. This one should be easy and advisable:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/jquery-31/
    If you know that, I would very much appreciate your guidance. Thanks.

benjaminsaarde
    Participant

@benjaminsaarde

Hi again,
    I have been searching the web for a solution:
    My idea is to delete the default links, and get the link to peoples primary blog. When they fill out the bbpress form-reply.php, I want to get their user ID. From that user ID I can get the link to their primary blog.
    Right now I got this:

//In my functions.php(the 2 is an example of a user id):
    $GLOBALS[‘mytheme_thisismyvar’] =2;

//In my Loop-single-reply.php:´
    <?php
    $yeps=$GLOBALS[‘mytheme_thisismyvar’];
    ?>

<?php
    $user_info = get_userdata($yeps);
    $blog_details = get_blog_details($user_info->primary_blog);
    echo ‘siteurl.’>’.$blog_details->siteurl.’‘;
    ?>

I want to get the user id from the bbpress form-reply.php to be $yeps? I thought about using get_the_author_meta?
    Thank you

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar