Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Participants can’t insert topics.

• Renato Gelforte
    Participant

@spolaorso

Keymasters and Moderators can do it but for partecipants ther is no way to insert a new topic.
    I’ve tryed all ways: changing themes, disactivating plugins, but the problem still not solved.
    I’m using WordPress 4.8 with theme RepublicPro, BuddyPress 2.8.2, bbPress 2.5.12
    The site is inpressioni.it
    Any help will be appreciated.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

are you trying at the back end or front end?

Renato Gelforte
    Participant

@spolaorso

I will be happy to solve the back end issue right now.
    Anyway the front-end level, at the moment is even worse, keymaster and moderators either, don’t see any way to insert new topics from the forum page.
    But, as I stated before, I would be very glad to solve the matter at the back-end level, at first.
    Here see from the top bar of the back-end and from Forum Page:
    New_Topics_allowed_only_for_Keymasters and Moderators, not Partecipants
    And here see from the dashboard menu:
    From the dashboard, New Topics are allowed only to Keymaster and Moderators, No Partecipants

And here a secial whish:
    a wish

Renato Gelforte
    Participant

@spolaorso

By reading again my previous post, I realized that it may generate confusion when I stated that Participants can not see “New Topics” voice.
    The Participants can’t see either the Forum menu and either the Topics (Discussioni) menu
    Both voices: Forum and Topics, do not appear to Partecipants

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress is not designed for backend use by ordinary users – the backend is really for administration, so participants don’t get this area.

New topics are shown below the forum list, or by creating a page and using one of the shortcodes

[bbp-topic-form] – Display the ‘New Topic’ form where you can choose from a drop down menu the forum that this topic is to be associated with.
    [bbp-topic-form forum_id=$forum_id] – Display the ‘New Topic Form’ for a specific forum ID.

or by adding a button, such as in the style pack plugin

bbp style pack

Renato Gelforte
    Participant

@spolaorso

Thanks alot for your help.
    Renato

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem !

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar