Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I remove the “topic type” and “topic status”

• locutus1
    Participant

@locutus1

Hi. I’m new to WordPress. I’m creating a site and I wanted it to have a forum so I installed bbPress. There are 2 categories in the menu. Each of them contains forums. There’s 3 issues I have.
    1) Under the text box for writing a comment, visitors to the site will see “Topic Type” and “Topic Status”, each with its own drop-down menu. I don’t want visitors to have access to those. I looked through all the forum settings and can’t find a way to get rid of them. How do I do it?

2) The font used for the menu is fine but the font used for the forum names is too small. Where do I increase the font size for forum names?

3) Is there something built in to the plugin that lets visitors rank or vote for posts? High-ranking posts would appear above other posts. Does the plugin have anything like this?

Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• PinkishHue
    Participant

@pinkishhue

1) Topic Type and Topic Status are only viewable to you/forum admins (aka keymasters), regular users do not see them

2) Wherever you add custom CSS (probably ‘Appearance > Customize’ in the admin menu’s), add this:

.bbp-forum-title {
      font-size: 18px; /* make this size whatever you prefer */
    }

3) This functionality isn’t built in to bbpress but you could add another plugin to make this happen. Here is an old topic that might provide some suggestions for you: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/rating-and-sorting-plugin/

Hope that helps

locutus1
    Participant

@locutus1

1) Good to know. That solves that.

2) This worked but only partly. My terminology may be wrong. I have a menu item which is a category. If you click it, it lists 4 main forums each of which is also a category. Under each main forum are listed its sub-forums. The code you gave me made the main forums bigger – 18 pt is good – but the sub-forums are a little small. If you click a sub-forum then it becomes a main forum and it’s 18 pt. So the code affects main forums only. I don’t know if this is clear so look at this. This is what I see if I click the menu item.

Main forum1
    (indented) sub-forum1, sub-forum2, sub-forum3, sub-forum4
    Main forum2
    Main forum3

Each main forum is 18 pt. I understand the sub-forums should be smaller than the main forums but they’re a little too small. Can that be adjusted? It’s OK if it can’t be.

3) I’m still working on this one.

Thanks a lot. I have other questions but I’ll make a new post.

locutus1
    Participant

@locutus1

I explained something wrong. If you click a main forum, the sub-forums it contains become main forums and 18 pt.

PinkishHue
    Participant

@pinkishhue

I see, to make the font on the sub-forums larger you can use:

.bbp-forums-list .bbp-forum a {
    font-size: 18px;
    }

Also if you want an easier way to alter sizes and styles etc. you could try Robin’s handy plugin:

bbp style pack

locutus1
    Participant

@locutus1

Thanks. That worked.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar