Search Results for 'bbpress'
-
Search Results
-
hello there!
trying to setup a bbpress forum!
i managed to create an homepage with the latest topics.
I want to add the <span class=”bbp-topic-started-in”> (found this using chrome inspect) near the “started by” like it’s made here in the support forum!
i think it’s rpetty crucial to show what forum the topic belong to, i have to idea where to start, any advice or pointer would be great
thanks a lot!
Topic: Theme update broken forum
After my last theme update (Total theme) the forum is broken.
It is now appearing as a post (screenshot attached). If i switch back to the default theme it shows up fine. No caching being used anywhere. Run through troubleshooting with theme support who have said they changed nothing that would break this. Their theme supports bbpress intergration.
Any one any suggestions?
Working with default theme
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jey3abi21zhcw0/2015%20theme.pngBroken forum with total theme
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kibkr5d0nzonmr/total%20theme.pnganyone else had this issue or has any suggestions?
Hi,
i just installed bbpress to my wordpress website. www raquiia com/gaming.
I was using inboard since long time but yet, i think it’s more convenience to use bbpress with my wordpress website and different plugins.
So i would like to configure it.
The basic installation looks correct, its work without bug (or i didn’t find yet), but i would like to customize it.
First i would like to add a chat on the forum page : www raquiia com/gaming/forums/
So, between the header with the image and title and the Forum i would like this: wordpress plugin : simple-ajax-chat
or an other chat i don’t really care.i’ll keep the sidebar on right.
Bottom of the forum i would like a better statistic. So i found this : wordpress plugin : bbpress-improved-statistics-users-online
For both it’s look simple to install, just have to write the shortcode on the forum page. But unfortunnally i can’t find where is this page …
After fix that, i’ll try to make the forum more clear and nice to read.
It’s hard to find nice and clear bbpress (i mean in my opinion), i found one example : http://themes.momizat.com/?theme=multinews (go to community -> Forum)A forum like this after add the chat and the statistic can be alright. Even better if i also can add image for each sub category.
To explain, on this example they have General main category
Then they have sub category :- getting started
– off topic
– Funstuff
Can i add an image before each sub category ?i think, i have to modify my template to get what i want. i just don’t know where and how …
To summary i want :
1 : Add a chat (doesn’t matter which one) on top of the forum
2 : Add better statistic bot of my forum
3 : Change the design of the forum part (category …)If somebody can answer me it will be very helpful to open this website asap.
Thanks you by advance
Louis
Hello – As a normal user (not admin) the posts are showing the html (I think that is what it is called). For example – it looks like this when posted:
<p style=”text-align: center;”>Creating a test topic 1.</p>
<p style=”text-align: center;”>Creating a test topic 1.</p>
<p style=”text-align: right;”>Creating a test topic 1.</p>
<p style=”text-align: right;”>Creating a test topic 1.</p>
<span style=”font-family: Impact,Charcoal,sans-serif;”>Creating a test topic 1.</span><span style=”font-family: Impact,Charcoal,sans-serif;”>Creating a test topic 1.</span>
<span style=”font-size: 18pt;”>Creating a test topic 1.</span>
<span style=”font-size: 18pt;”>Creating a test topic 1.</span>
<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Creating a test topic 1.</span>
<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Creating a test topic 1.</span>
<span style=”color: #339966;”>Creating a test topic 1.</span>
<span style=”color: #339966;”>Creating a test topic 1.</span>
<span style=”background-color: #000000; color: #00ff00;”>Creating a test topic 1.</span>
<span style=”background-color: #000000; color: #00ff00;”>Creating a test topic 1.</span>
I am using GD bbPress Toolbox to have more options on my visual editor.
Also – is there any way to completely REMOVE the “text” tab option (only have visual editor available)?
Thanks for your assistance.
Hello!
I would like to try bbPress forum because of it’s WordPress integration and the advantages that would come with that.
I currently have a Simple Machines Forum (SMF) with the following statistics:
Total Members: 98
Total Posts: 9924
Total Topics: 1519
Total Categories: 4
Total Boards: 34Version of SMF: 2.0.11 (Current)
Version of WordPress: 4.3.1 (Current)
Version of bbPress: 2.5.8 (Current)I’ve read the guide of importing forums here: https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/importing-data/import-forums/
Based on that I’m fairly certain I followed the steps right. I have the server (localhost), the database, the prefix and user added in the import tool. The processing gets stuck at the following point (tried several times):
Converting topics (57 – 57)
I did try with ‘Row Limit’ 1 and also tried ‘Delay Time’ between 1-30, but that did not make a difference. I tried to Stop / Start it a few times… nothing.
I’m not an expert with MySQL databases, so I don’t think I can manually edit the row which is causing the problem.
Can anyone help with this please?
Topic: Very big forum possible?
Hi everybody,
I’m building a website which must have many different forums (+30000…)
I would like to know if it is possible with bbpress without too many errors.
Many thanks