bbpress floated with 34.000 post, how to delete?
i am really desperate, for some A… floated our music schools website forum with 34.000 entries, running on bbpress alongside with buddypress. It is not only crap and makes it almost impossible for real users to find one of the few real-human-posts, it is spooky that someone take over the forum. I was trying to delete all those posts, but this leads to a server 500 error.
I have de- an reactivated bbpress, un- and reinstalled it, but the messages are still there. Is there any way to get rid of this annoying stuff? I would love to keep forum and group functionality, but with this entries in the forum, it is almost useless. Can be found at http://www.musikzentrale.net/musikerservice/forum/musikersuche/band-sucht-musiker/
What i have done so far:
– delete user (which would be a pretty elegant solution): did not make sense in my case, since the posters are no users of musikzentrale.net.
– mass deleting themes (tried 10, 50, 100, 500 posts at a time) from the back up ended up in error message stating, that the URL was too long.
– trying to delete the respective forum leads to a 500 server error or in some cases to “URL too long” (I am running this site on a managed server with all software up to date)
– finally i tried to access the respecting tables via phpmyadmin, but apparently it has got that big, that even after several minutes the table was not loaded, so i interrupted this attempt.
At least i could prevent further entries in the two respective foren by using a math captcha and let only registered users to open new themes or respond to older ones, but obviously the DB is that huge, that it is killing the site`s formerly pretty fast loading time.
Some infos about technical environment:
– WP, bbpress and all Plugins running on there latest Version
– all other features and plugins behave as they are supposed to
– site is protected with AIOWPS and Siteguarding plugin
– WP theme is enfold without any issues so far (using the combination since April 2013)
– all running on a managed server with 512 mb of RAM for WP
– bbpress version 2.5.8, buddypress 2.4.0
Thanks for your kind assistance.
Best regards, Sebastian.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.