Categories
Search
Bottom

counts not automatically refreshing

• danperis
    Participant

@danperis

Hi all,

I’m running a small forum since little more than 11 months.
    Never had (significant) problems till about 2 weeks ago, when suddenly activities and replies stopped being recorded.
    Replies are visible in the topic page, but in the forum root counts of voices, replies and also the freshness are not updated any more.
    By using the manual recount tools in the repair forums, numbers are updated. However, it seems it’s not going to update it automatically any more.
    Using WP 4.3.1 and bbPress 2.5.8, Travelify theme
    Forum: http://www.sarproz.com/groups/sarproz-group/forum/

Any clues for solving the case?
    Many thanks in advance!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hi,
    What happened about 2 weeks ago ? Any updates of plugins or themes ?

From my experience, running the repair tools fixes this kind of issues in the database and after that from the moment a new reply or topic is created, all counters and refresh are having the correct one.
    (second part of my phrase is important because of the current freshness bug in bbPress).

Pascal.

danperis
    Participant

@danperis

Hi,
    yes, I strongly believe that the mentioned behavior (which I confirm: 3 replies were added early today and they are not counted) was caused by some updates. However, how can I find which update caused it? Everytime an update is available I install it. Is wordpress keeping a log with activities as updates?
    One small detail: the freshness is updated when you re-load the page, in the sense that the code is considering the current time. But the freshness is not taking into account the last replies (like if no new reply was added).
    It seems that the reply is not triggering the functions that are updating counters: anyone has an idea on how this is implemented? So we could search for the cause…
    One detail more: I’m also using the “Orbisius bbPress Notify Me On Follow Up Replies” plugin and it also stopped sending emails when a new reply is added.
    Thanks!

danperis
    Participant

@danperis

Sorry, I just realized the the plugin “Orbisius bbPress Notify Me On Follow Up Replies” is just checking the box for receiving emails when new replies are added. So, the fact is that the reply is also not triggering emails…

danperis
    Participant

@danperis

Anybody can help me understanding why replies are not triggering any DB update?

thanks!

For the issue: try to deactivate all plugins except bbpress and start activating one after the other to find the culprit…
    For the questions on knowing about changes, I’m using ‘Simple History’ as we work with multiple admins, but there are probably others that exist.
    Pascal.

danperis
    Participant

@danperis

I found the problem: it was caused by the Relevanssi plugin.
    After deactivating it, it started working again.
    I will report the bug to the author.
    Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar