Search Results for 'bbpress'
-
Search Results
-
Hi,
I’m basically wondering if there is API documentation to help me with my quest. I’m wanting to show discussions in a flash movie so essentially I just need to access the appropriate functions to access thread data in the database but I don’t know where to start.
I’m hoping for some pointers in the right direction. Essentially what I want to do is use bbPress as a backend and display discussions in a flash movie.
So to sum-up, I need the ability to access thread and post information from Flash.
Thanks for your time
KJ
Since bbpress.org doesn’t have a “tips and tricks” I’ll post this here.
If you’d like to tweak your profile.php template to show the total posts and topics started by a user, add this code under “bb_profile_data()”
<?
echo "forum posts: <b>".$bbdb->get_var("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM bb_posts WHERE poster_id = $user_id AND post_status = 0")."</b> "
." topics started: <b>".$bbdb->get_var("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM bb_posts WHERE poster_id = $user_id AND post_status = 0 AND post_position = 1")."</b>";
?>I’d make this into a plugin but I don’t know how to append information within the profile (ie. attach to bb_profile_data)
I would like to suggest this forum would seriously benefit from:
1. “Tips and Tricks”
2. “Integration with WordPress”
as two new sub-forums
I’ve recently launched a forum attached to my personal portfolio and blog as a resource and critique center for writers, artists, and designers.
So far, it’s just myself, my husband, and a few friends, but if you’re interested in commenting on work or showing your own, you’re welcome to stop by and join up. Thanks to BBPress for making such a simple forum- I got this up and running with the info I’d gleaned about WP in less than a day, and skinned it in a grand total of two hours using the styles I’d already come up with for my WP templates.
It’s bright, but we like it! Hope to see some of you there.
Topic: Can we do includes?
Is there a way to add an include in a bbpress theme? I want to add some content in the pages that will change, and I just want to change one file instead of multiple ones.
Something like this
<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/featured.php'); ?>from my wordpress theme. But have featured.php in my bbpress theme folder.The Profile Edit links are displaying off the right side of web page
How doe the postion code need to be set to move the links back onto the web page?
#profile-menu {
list-style: none;
position: absolute;
right: 0;
}
#profile-menu li {
font-size: 1.1em;
background-color: #eee;
padding: 4px 7px;
display: inline;
border-top: 3px double #9e9e9e;
position: relative;
top: -10px;
}
#profile-menu li.current {
background-color: #ddd;
border-top: 1px solid #9e9e9e;
}