Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Showing threads in a flash movie

• Hi,

I’m basically wondering if there is API documentation to help me with my quest. I’m wanting to show discussions in a flash movie so essentially I just need to access the appropriate functions to access thread data in the database but I don’t know where to start.

I’m hoping for some pointers in the right direction. Essentially what I want to do is use bbPress as a backend and display discussions in a flash movie.

So to sum-up, I need the ability to access thread and post information from Flash.

Thanks for your time

KJ

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

If you can access rss xml from flash (which I believe you can) just grab it from the rss feed (/forum/rss.php). You can tell the rss to send you almost anything you want, latest, specific sub-forums, etc.

I did think about using the RSS feeds to parse in Flash, however I’m also going to have a flash form that people will fill in to create a thread or reply to an existing thread… so I’ll still need to access the functions.

I’ve used AMFPHP to access functions from other applications in the past which then returns the data to the flash movie for processing. I’m hoping that it’s possible to do something similar with bbPress and AMFPHP.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Hmm, well if you want a flash based forum, why not just install a flash based forum?

That’s the thing. I don’t want a flash based forum. I’m building a flash application which has a secondary feature that allows people to comment on something and the best way that I can see to do that is to have a forum software in the backend serving up this feature for the flash movie. I can build one myself, it might be quicker for what I want but I thought that being an Open Source forum software that the API might be available and documented.

This is probably something that might help me out with what I’m trying to do…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar