Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'
-
AuthorSearch Results
-
October 9, 2014 at 3:34 am #153126
Robin W
ModeratorI want the forum menu link to be visible but nothing else, no forum titles/topics etc simply a login panel and a message explaining that the forum is for members only.
ok, put the following in your functions file
//Stop non-logged in user seeing the forums and show forum login page instead
function lab_logged_in_bbptopics($have_posts){ if (!is_user_logged_in()){ header("Location: /forum-login/"); exit ; } return $have_posts; } add_filter('bbp_has_topics', 'lab_logged_in_bbptopics'); add_filter('bbp_has_forums', 'lab_logged_in_bbptopics'); add_filter('bbp_has_replies', 'lab_logged_in_bbptopics');The create a page called ‘forum login’ and ensure the permalink is set to ‘forum-login’. You can actually use any name or permalinl, but the permalink has to match the one in line 3 above.
into that page you can put something like
You must be both registered AND a member of the club to use the forums. If you are not a member, why not <a href="/join-us/"> Join the club </a> Otherwise please login in [bbp-login]Then create a ‘join-us’ page that they can go to.
If I disable the toolbar in this way, will I need a plugin to allow users to make basic changes to their profile in an environment that is consistent with the front end of the website?
There are several ways to get an edit profile – this one adds it to your custom menu if they are logged in
October 8, 2014 at 7:46 pm #153118In reply to: Tough migration
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterA sleepless week later, it is done.
Been there, done that 😉
First, it imported all posts, even years-old spam, so I deleted that migration and figured out how to really delete spam in the standalone, and then imported again.
Tough gig, but once it is done it is done…
Then I found out that tags were not integrated, rather if tags were in the forum, they simply deleted any tags or custom taxonomies with the same name in the wordpress install. The site relies heavily on these tags, so we we spent a few days re-tagging everything and re-checking.
Tags should indeed work and import as expected, for example, here on bbpress.org this was imported using the same importer you used.
The “profile” tag ~7 year old topics -> https://bbpress.org/forums/topic-tag/profile/page/7/
Now this morning I see that one entire category of the wp install was deleted. Luckily it was not a heavily trafficked section of the site. At this point we’ve put days of work into this data, so rather than roll back, we’ll recreate that category.
WordPress deleted a category or forum? or was the category/forum not imported?
bbpress has given our site community many things over the years, I can’t complain at all. But the new version is much slower than the standalone version, and much harder for us to edit and modify. My viewers actually have a diminished experience now.
We are improving performance for the next release and yes, things are different now that it is a WordPress plugin, I can’t even begin to count the improvements I’d like added to bbPress, there are many, but not so much time to make it all happen quickly. 🙂
The tide has turned over the years. While WordPress fumbled with bbpress and buddypress, Facebook came to the fore and basically sucked all the community out of the wp platform. It’s a shame, and not likely to turn around for any of us here. I applaud the hard work of the devs who worked on this platform over the years, but it has been an exhausting experience this last week, and I am not done yet. It will be another sleepless night.
Thanks for applause and migrating data from one platform to another is not the easiest thing in the world, I’ve tried to help make it easier and more reliable but again more can be done and not enough time to do it.
October 8, 2014 at 4:47 pm #153117Topic: Tough migration
in forum TroubleshootingHard Seat Sleeper
ParticipantI was using a standalone bbpress for many years, but the latest WordPress update did something to mess up cookie integration. The writing was on the wall for my old standalone forum, I decided to move forward and upgrade and migrate.
A sleepless week later, it is done.
First, it imported all posts, even years-old spam, so I deleted that migration and figured out how to really delete spam in the standalone, and then imported again.
Then I found out that tags were not integrated, rather if tags were in the forum, they simply deleted any tags or custom taxonomies with the same name in the wordpress install. The site relies heavily on these tags, so we we spent a few days re-tagging everything and re-checking.
Now this morning I see that one entire category of the wp install was deleted. Luckily it was not a heavily trafficked section of the site. At this point we’ve put days of work into this data, so rather than roll back, we’ll recreate that category.
bbpress has given our site community many things over the years, I can’t complain at all. But the new version is much slower than the standalone version, and much harder for us to edit and modify. My viewers actually have a diminished experience now.
The tide has turned over the years. While WordPress fumbled with bbpress and buddypress, Facebook came to the fore and basically sucked all the community out of the wp platform. It’s a shame, and not likely to turn around for any of us here. I applaud the hard work of the devs who worked on this platform over the years, but it has been an exhausting experience this last week, and I am not done yet. It will be another sleepless night.
October 8, 2014 at 12:32 pm #153106In reply to: Author Posts Position messsed up
Robin W
ModeratorbbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes
It could be a theme or plugin issue
Plugins
Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.
Themes
If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.
October 8, 2014 at 3:44 am #153090In reply to: Topics not appearing in forum
Robin W
Moderatoryes I believe it will be fixed in wordpress 4.0.1 (it was a wordpress change), but no idea when that is coming out
October 8, 2014 at 3:13 am #153088chero123
Participantno way to make it without widget? :\
something like this in SMF: Advanced Recent Posts
and below recent post, the forums as normally appear, with widget the wordpress is not pleasing to the eye
kind regards 🙂
October 8, 2014 at 3:11 am #153087In reply to: Help – Multiple Profile Trolls
Robin W
ModeratorMany plugins are not ‘maintained’ as this take time, and if no functionality is being added, the authors can be working on other things, or have just got bored! I think it is a shame.
However many still work fine, and if not there are usually alternatives.
I haven’t tried it, but take a look at
October 8, 2014 at 1:24 am #153086In reply to: SMF Import to bbPress
Stephen Edgar
Keymaster@tehred Go to SMF’s website to find details on how to install SMF, you probably want to install the same version that the database backup is from (if you know it).
You should have a MySQL database backup, typically these are named
filename.sql,filename.sql.ziporfilename.gz, this is an actual export of the database data rather than the actual files used as part of the website.You should be able to import (once you find it) that file into MySQL as a new database, then you point bbPress’ import to that database name in the import settings along with username and password and table prefix (most likely
smf_).Once you start running the import it copies the data from your old SMF database into the WordPress database you are using with bbPress, your original SMF database is not altered in anyway, it is still best practice to make sure you have backups of your SMF and WordPress database all the same.
October 8, 2014 at 1:12 am #153084In reply to: SMF Import to bbPress
tehred
Participant@stephen, a couple things to know:
– I am using a backup from SMF. I no longer have access to the server that SMF was installed on. I don’t know if a backup and an export are the same thing. I feel like they probably are not.– Assuming they are not, I am looking at instructions on how to install SMF on a temp server so I can import the backup, and then export the database.
– Assuming I get the export done, what I feel like you are telling me is that I need to import that file into the MySQL running on the server WordPress is on. I am assuming that I create a new database to import the data into. Once that is done, i run the converter on that new database.
– Does this convert that new database, or create a new database that has the bbPress info in it?October 7, 2014 at 3:32 pm #153074jugoretz
ParticipantYeah, not trying to be discouraging, @nathanegraham, but this is a bug–and I am already running WordPress 4.0 and still experiencing the problem.
Activating network-wide also has the consequence that sites that do not need bbPress, but do need other plugins, sometimes have trouble with those other plugins because of conflicts with bbPress (I’m suspecting that as a problem now with Join My Multisite plugin).
Would be great to see a fix soon, if possible! @netweb? Anyone?
October 7, 2014 at 9:12 am #153063Topic: user-details.php won't load surrounding theme elements.
in forum Themes23kulpamens
ParticipantLike in title. I can’t figure out how to load theme surroundings. This is all I see when i enter profile site like: example.com/forums/user/user_name
I assume that wordpress call template user-details.php, but I can’t figure out whole path that it makes to get view done.
Could anybody direct me to right part od documentation or some tutorial?
October 7, 2014 at 6:03 am #153057In reply to: GD bbPress Attachments File Size Issue
Robkk
Moderatormaybe your wordpress upload size is 2mb , or a cdn/security solution is limiting the upload size of your site from other users ??
dont know contact plugin author.
October 7, 2014 at 6:00 am #153056Robkk
Moderatorif you really want the replies and topics to be on the products page.
this would require custom development
if you want bbpress/woocommerce integration
i think there is some plugins that would help, cant think of them right at the moment.
October 7, 2014 at 5:54 am #153055In reply to: Image click/resize
Robkk
Moderatorsearch up wordpress oembed , maybe you have images that arent supported by oembed so you cant click them and go to the image source.
also if you dont have auto-embed links checked in settings>forums oembed wont work at all.
and im just going to say lightbox functionality would require custom development , if you want functionality like that.
October 7, 2014 at 5:38 am #153053In reply to: Highlight keymaster reply
Robin W
Moderatorprobably several ways you could do this.
Quickest I can think of is to alter the loop-single reply template
You should really do this in a child theme, as otherwise theme upgrades will overwrite this – google wordpress child theme video for lots of useful videos on how to do this – it’s quick and simple.
Create a bbPress folder in your theme :
Wp-content/%yourthemename%/bbpress
Where %yourthemename% is the name of your theme.
Then go into
Wp-content/plugins/templates/default/bbpress/loop-single-reply-php
Copy this file into the bbPress folder in your theme. bbPress will now use this file instead of the default, and you can amend this file.
line 61 does the content styling, so quickest to alter the background of this file.
so you would put a check I their for keymaster, and if so, use a different class that has a different background.
How up on coding and css are you, so that I don’t spend hours typing what you already know?
October 7, 2014 at 5:37 am #153052In reply to: Hi sorry i'm new here
Robkk
Moderatorbuddypress and bbpress are plugins for wordpress, so they need wordpress to work.
bbpress does have an older standalone version of itself, it can work by itself.
Using it with newer versions of wordpress might cause issues.About bbPress
bbPress is forum software, made the WordPress way.
Have you ever been frustrated with forum or bulletin board software that was slow, bloated, and always got your server hacked? bbPress is focused on ease of integration, ease of use, web standards, and speed.
We’re keeping things as small and light as possible while still allowing for great add-on features through WordPress’s extensive plugin system. What does all that mean? bbPress is lean, mean, and ready to take on any job you throw at it.
Philosophy
Now that bbPress is all grown up, we’re certain of a few things:
Open Source, always and forever
Less (code) is more
Code is poetry
Simplicity is a feature
Speed & security are paramount to a great user experience
Every line of code is written with these principles in mind, and if that sounds good to you get involved!About buddyPress
BuddyPress is a powerful plugin that takes your WordPress.org powered site beyond the blog with social-network features like user profiles, activity streams, user groups, and more. Some fantastic uses might be:
A campus wide social network for your university, school or college.
An internal communication tool for your company.
A niche social network for your interest topic.
A focused social network for your new product.
If you’re using BuddyPress in a unique or interesting way, be sure to let people know on the forums; we’re always interested!BuddyPress is not “all or nothing”
BuddyPress comes with several components that integrate directly with your site, with each other, and even with other plugins (check out bbPress for support forums.) If you only want to use a few features, BuddyPress will automatically adapt, showing only the menu items, pages and buttons for the features you have enabled.
BuddyPress.org
This site is built on WordPress and BuddyPress (we believe in the software we build!). Please consider registering and becoming part of the BuddyPress community. By doing this you’ll be able to contribute to the documentation, ask questions in the forum as well as build your BuddyPress profile so other BuddyPress developers and contributors can keep in touch with you.
October 7, 2014 at 4:29 am #153046In reply to: SMF Import to bbPress
Bestru
Participantin the attachment are two screenshots.
one is from wordpress
the other is from my mysql database.October 7, 2014 at 4:16 am #153044In reply to: SMF Import to bbPress
Bestru
ParticipantHello,
i’ve the same problem as tehred.
The database from the smf forum and from the wordpress / bbpress is on the same mysql server.
What make i wrong?
October 7, 2014 at 1:06 am #153036In reply to: SMF Import to bbPress
Stephen Edgar
Keymaster@ tehredThe database needs to be exported from any existing MySQL install and imported into the same MySQL server you are using for WordPress, you should be able to find details on importing and exporting MySQL databases from your webhost support or knowledgebase help sections of their website.
October 6, 2014 at 2:35 am #153019Stephen Edgar
KeymasterI haven’t taken a close look for a while at attachment importing has some limitations that we really can’t do at this stage until some improvments upstream in WordPress Core are added.
For now the best solution I have seen would be to adapt the following for Vanilla 2.1
https://github.com/CybMeta/kunena-attachments-to-bbpress
Out of curiousity which attachment/file upload plugin are you using with Vanilla as I believe it doesn’t include one in the standard install.
October 6, 2014 at 1:32 am #153014In reply to: Import from SMF and strange tags in text.
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterThe code /includes/admin/converters/SMF.php#L717 is replacing
[tt]and[/tt]respectively with<tt>and</tt>and a quick lookup of the “teletype” HTML tag shows we should not really be using it all 😉http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Elements/tt
Can you post the HTML raw source of the post from SMF for me, this will allow me to see if it is currently doing it correctly, which I think it is per the details and screenshot below.
SMF Source:
[sup]superscript[/sup]<br />[sub]subscript[/sub]<br />[tt]teletype[/tt]
bbPress Converted Source:<sup>superscript</sup><br><sub>subscript</sub><br><tt>teletype</tt>https://i.cloudup.com/jnMQwRKTXA.png
We probably should rather than converting them
<tt>/</tt>convert them to aspanand/orpHTML elements:e.g.
<span style="font-family: monospace;"> This is a sample. </span>October 5, 2014 at 5:49 pm #153011In reply to: Topic ID instead of slugs?
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterTicket created on Trac: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2698
October 5, 2014 at 5:37 pm #153010In reply to: OMG,This BUG two years. Fix that ,PLZ !!!!!
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterThanks for the ticket in Trac, we will work on adding either of the plugins mentiooned in the Trac ticket to bbPress.
October 4, 2014 at 12:57 pm #152992In reply to: Oh bother! No topics were found here!
Rolf Allard van Hagen
ParticipantSearching the internet, I found https://github.com/pippinsplugins/bbPress-Export-and-Import
This plugin is designed to create an CSV export file per forum and allows you to import it to another forum.
1. Download the zip from github and install it like a regular plugin on both sites.
2. On the donor site, open a forum for editing and find the Export link on the right under Forum Attributes. Click it and you will receive the CSV file.
3. Go to the recipient site and create a new forum. Now on the right side under Forum Attributes (again) you’ll find the Choose File and Run Import buttons.
This does import topics and replies and on the front end, all seems to work well except for the number of posts per topic is too high. On the back end, Topics appear to be disassociated from the forum — it says (No Forum) — and the All Replies page turns up blank again.
Happily, heading over to Tools > Forums and running the top two “Recalculate…” and the “Count replies in each topic” options fixed things this time instead of making it worse 🙂
I really hope bbPress can be fixed to work with the normal WordPress Export/Import at some point but until then, the above steps should get you some good results.
October 4, 2014 at 12:10 pm #152991In reply to: Oh bother! No topics were found here!
Rolf Allard van Hagen
ParticipantHi @treb0r23 – I just ran into the same issue. Wanting to move bbPress forums from one WordPress 4.0 to another 4.0 site, I tried WordPress’ own Tools > Export feature to create three export files, one with forums, one with topics and one with replies.
After importing them in the same order, it looked like everything was fine. All forums, topics and replies where imported successfully and seemed to be correctly assigned to their ‘parents’.
However, when visiting the front end, it turned out that only a two topics where visible in one forum. All other topics where missing and all other forums where empty. Replies where nowhere to be found either.
Even though topics and replies are marked as correctly associated in the back end, it does not appear to be the case at all.
I went to Tools > Forums to try to fix that. First, I tried “Recalculate the parent topic for each post” but even though it responds with “Recalculating the topic for each post … Complete!” after that, I can’t even open the All Replies list anymore. I get a blank page…
Then I tried “Recalculate the parent forum for each post” but this simply removes all evidence of association between all topics and their forum 🙁
This is just awful.
-
AuthorSearch Results