Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hi sorry i'm new here

• cricketoutlook
    Participant

@cricketoutlook

Hi guys i want to know that what is bbpres i already have a site on wordpress CMS http://mazahub.com But i how i can make a site on buddypress.com what is this for and it’s closely looks like wordpress.org and signed in from there but what is the meaning of this CMS . Any reply will be appreciated
    Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

buddypress and bbpress are plugins for wordpress, so they need wordpress to work.

bbpress does have an older standalone version of itself, it can work by itself.
    Using it with newer versions of wordpress might cause issues.

About

About bbPress

bbPress is forum software, made the WordPress way.

Have you ever been frustrated with forum or bulletin board software that was slow, bloated, and always got your server hacked? bbPress is focused on ease of integration, ease of use, web standards, and speed.

We’re keeping things as small and light as possible while still allowing for great add-on features through WordPress’s extensive plugin system. What does all that mean? bbPress is lean, mean, and ready to take on any job you throw at it.

Philosophy

Now that bbPress is all grown up, we’re certain of a few things:

Open Source, always and forever
    Less (code) is more
    Code is poetry
    Simplicity is a feature
    Speed & security are paramount to a great user experience
    Every line of code is written with these principles in mind, and if that sounds good to you get involved!

About

About buddyPress

BuddyPress is a powerful plugin that takes your WordPress.org powered site beyond the blog with social-network features like user profiles, activity streams, user groups, and more. Some fantastic uses might be:

A campus wide social network for your university, school or college.
    An internal communication tool for your company.
    A niche social network for your interest topic.
    A focused social network for your new product.
    If you’re using BuddyPress in a unique or interesting way, be sure to let people know on the forums; we’re always interested!

BuddyPress is not “all or nothing”

BuddyPress comes with several components that integrate directly with your site, with each other, and even with other plugins (check out bbPress for support forums.) If you only want to use a few features, BuddyPress will automatically adapt, showing only the menu items, pages and buttons for the features you have enabled.

BuddyPress.org

This site is built on WordPress and BuddyPress (we believe in the software we build!). Please consider registering and becoming part of the BuddyPress community. By doing this you’ll be able to contribute to the documentation, ask questions in the forum as well as build your BuddyPress profile so other BuddyPress developers and contributors can keep in touch with you.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar