Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'
-
Search Results
-
I have a client with a request that seems simple but I am having a dilly of a time figuring it out.
They want to be able to charge users for premium posts. These posts will *not* appear at the top. Instead they will look different from other posts – bolded links, different color font – not at the users choice simply coded in by us. This will be a one time thing for a user – the users should not be able to do any other posts this way. I already set up the forum so that the client will approve all posts – he wants to be able to go in and click a button that will then style that post a different way.
I can style the sticky to do this easily and have done so on my demo but am unsure how to proceed with his request. I do have a child theme.
I know enough code to add stuff into functions and php pages. I am much better at HTML5 and CSS (can do animations).
I have tried a few things I came up with on my own but they do not work and rather than show them I would rather hear your thoughts.
Here is my demo – it is still pretty primitive… http://www.contentandsolutions.com/njywf/
I am using
Wordpress Version 4.6.1Customizr theme using child theme. Customizr Version: 3.4.23
BBPress Plugin Version 2.5.10
Code or a plugin (even a paid for plugin) if possible. Thank you!
Installed BBpress Forum plug in. cannot see it anywhere on my wordpress site. Any help would be great, John
[mod note: fixed title]
Topic: Our Ideal Forum Look We Want
Hello, My name is Darren. I am the Team Leader of the New Eden School Student Portal Team. I have been looking to add a forum for our students into our Portal. We had a forum before but had to shut it down for some reasons i will not go into. However we now want to re-initialize our forum idea and place it into our portal. My question is this:
We need a forum that has all the features that a forum system includes, such as:
Adding/Creating Threads by both Student and Admins. Instructors also need to be able to create them.
We do not want external links like Share to facebook and such. As this is a forum in a portal and do not want anyone but Students having access to it.
We do not want a profiling. We already have a profile system where the profile in wordpress is their student profile which includes their address, email, username, phone number and also their student id. This information cannot be visible to other students.
So either if this plugin gives an external profile system where it does not interact with the profile already made in the USERS area of wordpress it would work, but if it works with the USERS part of wordpress then the clickable link to view a profile, edit profile would need to be removed for our sake.
We also do not want another log in. We want them to be able to log into their profile in our student portal and that is it. They have access to the forum aswell and no additional login or registering, as right now we pre-create their profiles, no one registers.Let me know if the above is possible to customize in this plugin,
thanks,
-NES Portal Management Team LeaderI really dig the look and execution on the face of the Support area of the wordpress.org sites, with forums delineated on one side and support threads from all the different forums displayed on the other. It is in fitting with the design I am trying to achieve for my current project and I haven’t seen it elsewhere.
Anyone have a direction to look in for a setup similar?
I’m new to this wordpress website building stuff, so please excuse all current and hopefully not much future ignorance.
Cheers,
Andrew


