Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Kunena converter for bbPress 2.4

Viewing 10 replies - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)

• jbuesking
    Participant

@jbuesking

Apparently having a few broken attachments lingering from a phpbb3 to Kunena migration several years ago is what is giving me a problem now migrating attachments to bbPress.

The error I’m seeing in my logs is:

[15-May-2014 22:32:08 UTC] PHP Warning:  copy(http://www.mydomain.com/media/kunena/attachments/phpbb3/Cabs%201.jpg) [<a href='function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found
     in /home/username/public_html/dev002/kunena-attachments-to-bbpress.php on line 45

I looked to see if there was a “Kunena fix for broken attachments” script but nothing popped up yet.

Altersoundwork
    Participant

@altersoundwork

Sorry to resucitate an old topic but not getting any feedback on mine and for what I can see there´s not many Kunena importer related topics, any help would be appreciated.

Kunena 2.x to bbpress (latest) Thread and reply count ok but no content

Fred_L
    Participant

@fred_l

Did you use a plugin or your own coding? Would you be willing to share the url of the migrated forum? I’m looking to do the same > migrating from Joomla Kunena to WP bbPress. Since you posted 1 yr and 5 mo. ago do you have any updated suggestions or warnings on how to best accomplish this migration successfully? We have 5,000+ registered users, 11 categories and 44,000+ posts. Many thanks in advance!!

Fred_L
    Participant

@fred_l

@altersoundwork Did you find a solution? Would you be willing to share? You can reach me here or at frederique@pdxwebsitedesign.com Thanks!

Fred_L
    Participant

@fred_l

@netweb @stagger-lee @marshallarts @jaeha @cybnet @jbuesking
    For those of you who went from Kunena to bbPress: Would you be willing to share the url of the page with the migrated forum? Would you recommend bbPress to do the migration and as a final forum platform?

I have a VERY nervous client who is reluctant to leave Joomla for WP ONLY because their existing forum (5,000+ users, 11 categories, 44,000+ posts) is on Kunena. They had a bad experience several years ago when another developer tried to do the migration.

Many thanks in advance!

Juan
    Participant

@cybnet

@Fred_L I’m sorry but I prefer to not share the URL of the converted forum. I just can say that I converted a Joomla site with +6000 users (Community Builder), +15000 forum posts (kunena) and +3000 articles (joomla) to WordPress successfully using BuddyPress and bbPress. It was not a single click operation, specially importing users and profile data and keeping posts and articles assigned to its original author. Another important thing is that all passwords will be reseted, there is no way to keep passwords unchanged during the migration, so users must be noticed about that.

As if bbPress is a good final forum platform, you have the best example here in bbpress.org forums. In my experiencie, Joomla + kunena + CommunityBuilder require a lot of less resources that WordPress + BuddyPress + bbPress, but there are also a lot of advantages; also disadvantages; in general I’m happy with the migration but you will need to decide yourself considering your specific needs and context.

vitto2013
    Participant

@vitto2013

Hi can you say me the step to move kunena to bbpress?
    Thanks a lot

vitto2013
    Participant

@vitto2013

Ok i understan how work,
    i have try to import, so at that time i have import User and Discussion and forum…
    But now give me that error

Errore sul database di WordPress: [Table ‘pke070112.jos_kunena_topics’ doesn’t exist]
    SELECT convert(kunena_messages.id USING “utf8mb4”) AS id,convert(kunena_messages.catid USING “utf8mb4”) AS catid,convert(kunena_messages.thread USING “utf8mb4”) AS thread,convert(kunena_messages.ip USING “utf8mb4”) AS ip,convert(kunena_messages.userid USING “utf8mb4”) AS userid,convert(kunena_messages.subject USING “utf8mb4”) AS subject,convert(kunena_messages_text.message USING “utf8mb4”) AS message,convert(kunena_messages.time USING “utf8mb4”) AS time FROM rtzen_kunena_messages AS kunena_messages LEFT JOIN rtzen_kunena_messages_text AS kunena_messages_text ON kunena_messages_text.mesid = kunena_messages.id LEFT JOIN jos_kunena_topics AS kunena_topics ON kunena_messages.thread = kunena_topics.id WHERE kunena_messages.parent != 0 LIMIT 0, 100

pke070112 it’s the table of the old database,
    Please can you help me?

vitto2013
    Participant

@vitto2013

Ok i have FIX:
    Solution: rename all table prefix in jos_

I suggest to do that befor to do import 🙂

izeeseo
    Participant

@izeeseo

Viewing 10 replies - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar