Hi Gunilla,
If you have still not resolved your problem, you need to edit your wp-config.php file which should be located in the root of your WordPress installation. You need to insert below mention code at the end of the file and then this error will disappear.
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
Source: https://www.webxen.com/kb/wordpress-fatal-error-allowed-memory-size-of-67108864-bytes-exhausted/
In a nutshell you cannot, it is shared with your wordpress.org account
Hi everyone,
I have almost finished setting up BBpress on my site. The last thing I am stuck is I want to add WP Social Login ICONS to the bottom of topic discussions. I have already succeeded adding this to bottom of forums here https://ehospital.in/forum/help-support/about-us/ by adding the php code<?php do_action( 'wordpress_social_login' ); ?>
I want to do the same to the bottom or under the user not logged in template notice. But unable to do that. Most probably, I am adding the code to wrong templates? Please tell which template should I edit?
Hi
I have a weird problem with bbpress
most of the words in bbpress is not translated but some is
like: Freshness is in english but the no topics is translated to arabic
i have the latest version of bbpress
i have configured wp_config.php to arabic
and my default wordpress language is arabic
also i double checked all the translation files in this directory
–/wp-content/languages/bbpress
and
—/wp-content/languages/plugins/bbpress
and still a lot of sentences is completely in english even though when i use the loco translation plugin and search for this words they show up translated just fine
You may want to start with the bbPress 2.6 release candidate instead. It comes with numerous improvements to the forum converter that will help speed up your migration.
You can download RC 5 here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/advanced/
I’ve made the following change, and it will be part of the 2.6 release.
https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/6728
Until then, I’m afraid you’re a bit out of luck. There really isn’t a great place to filter that exact value other than the place I just added.
Thanks for the reply!
I’ve made another tweak to the way subscription emails are sent, hoping to make this work a little bit more efficiently.
See: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/6725
We could probably improve this a bit more still, by letting plugins like Mailgun replace the email sending process completely with their own. Sending emails en-masse is neither easy nor super fast, so however we can make this better in bbPress, we should be!
I’m trying to integrate buddypress-docs with bbpress forums; the intention is to have topics of discussion within an article/doc. Using buddypress-docs hook ‘bp_docs_after_doc_content’, I create a corresponding forum (if it doesn’t exist) and add a shortcode to display a topic creation form. If a topic exists and is selected, I redirect to the associated article, and display a single topic with:
echo do_shortcode( '[bbp-single-topic id=' . $topic_id .']' );
So far, so good, I don’t know if it is the right aproach, but it seems to work.
The problem comes when I want to post a reply within the selected topic. $_REQUEST variables are used to detect and display the selected topic, but on single-topic the additional ‘bbp_redirect_to’ hidden field is added, causing to redirect and lose those variables. I commented the line where this field is added (bbpress/includes/common/template.php:1620) and it works the way I want, but don’t want to do that 🙂
Any suggestions on how to work this around without messing around with the plugin’s code? Hope the issue is clear, thank you for any help you can provide and for taking the time to read this.
Wordpress ver. 4.8.2
BBPress ver. 2.5.14
BuddyPress Docs ver. 1.9.4
I am using bbPress for a course forum for courses we are offering and whenever anyone replies to a topic it doesn’t immediately appear in the thread. You can’t see it unless you log out and log back in. Or sometimes if you refresh you can see it but then if you refresh again it is gone. It is strange. People aren’t sure if their replies are registering or not.
WordPress Version 4.8.2
bbPress Version 2.5.14
learn.evangcatbr.org
I’m running: BBPRESS 2.5.14, WordPress 4.8.2 and BuddyPress 2.9.1
Website: http://www.bigidolforum.org
I am currently building the site, utilizing the “Highend” Theme. Feel free to create user accounts and test at will.
1: The hyperlinks attached to profile images and usernames work perfectly in BuddyPress sections of the site such as Groups and Profile Pages.
2: The hyperlinks attached to profile images and usernames do not exist on bbpress pages. This makes it nearly impossible to navigate to other user profiles.
3: While logged out and viewing Forum Index, usernames and respective profile images appear under Freshness display time. There are no hyperlinks on these while logged out.
4: While logged in and viewing the Forum Index, Freshness displays only time, no usernames or profile images.
The most important thing to me right now is repairing the missing hyperlinks while viewing the forum. I would like to stabilize the Freshness situation by removing profile images/usernames completely or making it entirely functional. I am an entry level site builder looking to learn as I go. This site will be used by hundreds or thousands due to a large social media following. I love the challenge but it’s hard to find where to start on these issues.
bbp style pack
dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>topic/reply styling>12
dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>topic/reply form>7&8
This is not very difficult to achieve, and does not require any plugins. A similar look is possible with modifying the bbPress template files, and some custom CSS styling. Although it depends on your experience with HTML,CSS and a bit of knowledge about PHP and how WordPress templates work.
To find the location of the bbPress template files navigate to:
‘wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bppress/’
Here you will find various template files which serve various purposes.
for eg. loop-topics.php is the template file for the topics ( like in the kleo theme ).
You should not modify the original files.
Instead create a folder named bbPress in your theme root folder (or child theme root folder)
ie. ‘wp-content/themes/YOUR-THEME/bbpress/’
Any changes you make in this newly created folder will be given priority over the originals.
Copy any files you wish to modify from the original location into this folder.
This way updates to bbPress wont overwrite any files you have modified and your changes wont be lost.
The avatars you see, can be selected as an option in the WordPress dashboard.
Navigate to Dashboard> Settings > Discussion –> Default Avatar
Here you will have the option to choose from:
- Mystery Person
- Blank
- Gravatar Logo
- Identicon (Generated)
- Wavatar (Generated)
- MonsterID (Generated)
- Retro (Generated)
The (Generated) avatars are the ones to choose from.
If you are willing to invest some time ( since without fluency in the aforementioned skills, it could take a little bit of trial and error), I could help you in achieving this.
It is a little late in the night at the moment(in my country), ill post back tomorrow to get the gears rolling with some examples.
Not sure why its not working, seems to work on my end.
I believe the cause of the issue is the wordpress theme your website is using.
The best solution would be to contact the authors of the theme WPZOOM, and im sure they can find a quick solution.
If not, you could try adding the CSS once more, the following should work:
#bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-content p a, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-content p a{
background: none;
color: black !important;
position:relative !important;
display:inline-block !important;
visibility: visible !important;
}
In truth it is difficult to address any styling issues without being able to see the website, if you can not get in touch with the authors of the theme I could try my best to find a solution.
I’m trying to use Post Via Mail so that forum users can reply to forum posts directly from their email. I’ve had a rough time getting it set up with Postmark (required in order for Post Via Mail to work) and can’t get it to work properly. Any reply from email does not get posted to the forum. Any thoughts?
WordPress 4.8.2 running GeneratePress theme
bbPress Post Via Mail Version 1.2.8
http://www.belfastareahomeschoolresourcecenter.com
Thank you!
Appears to be a css issue, are you using any plugins to modify the appearance of bbPress ?
The following css should fix this
.bbp-body .hentry p a{
color:#3f3f3f !important;
}
you could change the color for the link to one of your preference by modifying the color property.
If you are using wordpress version 4.7 and above, To add the css, in the WordPress dashboard navigate to:
Appearance>customize>Additional css
copy and paste the code and save changes.
Oh sorry, the theme is called DiscoveryPro
Bought from this website: https://www.templateexpress.com/responsive-wordpress-themes/
Perhaps in can get on with those guys to enquire what could be causing it from there side. Maybe they can offer some CSS that’ll stop it from breaking but in terms of classing anything but they won’t know the plugin specifics?
Hi,
Is there any way to convert all my bbpress topics and replied to WordPress posts and comments respectively
I have 1000 topics and I want to convert them with a plugin.
I installed this plugin https://github.com/jmdodd/bbpress-topic-post-converter but the option to convert does not come.
Please help.
Sure, here’s all that info:
I am using the very latest WordPress, I updated recently but unaware if the problem existed beforehand. I have had this wp theme for 3 years and I remember BBpress working well when I first installed it just over 2 years ago.
The only affected area is only within topic at the point of conversation threads. The issue happens when the screen is at iPhone6+ size and smaller when viewed on the portrait side.
All avatars shift to the top left-hand side of screen together as they all sit on top of each other. I have viewed this on the chrome and safari browser.
Any ideas upon what I can do to overcome this?
If you could provide more information regarding which WordPress theme you are using and any more specific areas in detail that are causing issues I could try my best to help out.
Many themes include there own styling which can interfere with bbPress styling, so it is best to take that into consideration before modifying the CSS.
As far as my experience goes, bbPress provides bare minimal styling, Personally I find this to be advantageous, in the case of adding your own styles to match your theme, one does not have to override too many complex styling rules. yet, I agree there is still room for improvement with default bbPress responsive styling.
last version of WordPress 4.8 2 and bbpress 2.5.14
I have just installed bbpress on our website http://www.ceipa.eu
I have some question:
– how to remove the field “WEB” for “Anonymous” (guest users without account) ?
I found a similar question in other topic but this question (posted more than 5 months ago) did not receive any answer
– is a catalog or list of those Anonymous users existing ? not only for the users which have replied in a topic (or created one) but also for those who have placed a comment and/or answered to a comment on a post
– which is the best plug-in for “register” or “subscriber” to install to avoid the intervention of the admin (present methodology applied for members untel now) – our site was build with a pro version of the theme “Exibit”
many thanks in advance for your answers
hmm….lots in there, I presume the post here is related to need private group forums.
my private groups plugin could help with that, but you may need some bespoke integration for learndash.
anyway have a look at the plugin and come back if needed.
Private groups
Great, yes looks like a really nice plugin!
The reason I asked about the multi site is, if you are using WordPress Multisite, from what I have read (I have no experience using a multi site) the ‘anyone can register’ is located elsewhere:
Dashboard > Settings > Network Settings -> Registration settings
Check the field “Registration is disabled.”
Cheers 🙂
Sounds like permalink issues. Have you tried to refresh permalinks? Are you using apache or a microsoft IIS web server on your hosting? I have noticed other people with similar problem are on IIS servers.I would look into htaccess if apache or web.config if on IIS or ‘URL Rewrite’ module settings in IIS.
In wordpress Dashboard>settings>permalinks try setting to default. And click save changes.
In Dashboard>tools>forums have you tried to repair forums?
I am not familiar with IIS but the htaccess file should be writable with correct permissions.
Hi there,
I am a newbie to wordpress. I am using bbPress for my site. I have an existing form that doesn’t have any approval process. I am manually adding the users after receiving the forms. I did some digging and found the “New User Approve” plugin. I went ahead and installed the plugin. But not sure how to link/connect the plugin to my form so that the new user registrations can be moderated (approve or deny). Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I understand, just my two cents, it is most likely an issue with one of the plugins.
In the wordpress dashboard under settings > bbP private groups –> under the topic permissions tab try to disable topic permissions or change configuration in the plugin.
I can not replicate your issue as i have tested the smart magazine theme and bbpress is working just fine for me. I am not familiar with the bbP private groups plugin, but i have just tested it, and it is throwing some php errors for me. It might be a compatibility issue with the latest version of wordpress or bbpress.
I would recommend to start by disabling the bbP private groups plugin first and disable plugins one by one to trace the cause of the issue.
I’m sorry if i could not be much help, hope you can share your results , and perhaps someone else could offer a solution