Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Links not showing – white?

• janallsopp
    Participant

@janallsopp

Hi. I’m using bbpress 2.5.14 and bbp private groups 3.5.9. The theme is EduPress by WPZOOM. The site is private so I can’t share.

Links aren’t showing in forum posts. They might be white because you can locate them with the cursor. See screenshots.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• mithrandir
    Participant

@mithrandir786

Appears to be a css issue, are you using any plugins to modify the appearance of bbPress ?

The following css should fix this

.bbp-body .hentry p a{
    	color:#3f3f3f !important;

}

you could change the color for the link to one of your preference by modifying the color property.

If you are using wordpress version 4.7 and above, To add the css, in the WordPress dashboard navigate to:
    Appearance>customize>Additional css

copy and paste the code and save changes.

janallsopp
    Participant

@janallsopp

Thanks @mithrandir786 there are no plugins to alter the appearance of bbPress. And the CSS didn’t work. What else can I try? I don’t want to change the colour using code as none of our participants would be able to do that. Unless there is a visual editor?

Thanks,
    Jan

mithrandir
    Participant

@mithrandir786

Not sure why its not working, seems to work on my end.

I believe the cause of the issue is the wordpress theme your website is using.
    The best solution would be to contact the authors of the theme WPZOOM, and im sure they can find a quick solution.

If not, you could try adding the CSS once more, the following should work:

#bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-content p a, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-content p a{
    	background: none;
    	color: black !important;
            position:relative !important;
     	display:inline-block !important;
            visibility: visible !important;
    }

In truth it is difficult to address any styling issues without being able to see the website, if you can not get in touch with the authors of the theme I could try my best to find a solution.

mithrandir
    Participant

@mithrandir786

I don’t want to change the colour using code as none of our participants would be able to do that

The changes made in the CSS, are global and participants will not have to add any CSS code. Once the changes are applied they are visible to everyone across the website.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar