Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'

Viewing 25 results - 4,101 through 4,125 (of 26,980 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #188311
    jomo
    Participant

    I hear it’s used on wordpress.org and here…
    I’m using it but on a smaller site and not using the new features and haven’t noticed any problems.
    Note the RC5 package doesn’t include .min version of some files which will be needed if you are not running in debug.

    #188286
    DragoWeb
    Participant

    Hi, I have this error message

    “There was a problem cropping your profile photo.”

    when I try to upload an avatar image with a width of 450px and above. Starting to 451px it works (even with an height of 150px). I get a warning message only if I try to upload an image under 150x150px :

    “You have selected an image that is smaller than recommended. For best results, upload a picture larger than 150 x 150 pixels.”

    So, I suppose this problem doesn’t come from a setting option somewhere.

    The problem is the same when I switch to the default theme Twenty Fifteen and I have no other plugin activated (except HideMySite). Cover image works without problem.

    Config:
    Wordpress (new install) v4.9
    Buddypress 2.9.2
    php 5.6
    GD enabled

    Thanks.

    #188272
    Robin W
    Moderator

    There is a plugin that does private groups – hiding anything and everything as needed, with controls on who can see and who can post and when.

    Private groups

    #188265
    Justin
    Participant

    I keep running into the following error when trying to import my Vanilla 2.x forum database. I’m using WordPress 4.9 and bbpress 2.5.14.

    Repair any missing information: Continue
    WordPress database error: [Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes]
    CREATE TABLE GcuHRqrGbbp_converter_translator ( meta_id mediumint(8) unsigned not null auto_increment, value_type varchar(25) null, value_id bigint(20) unsigned not null default '0', meta_key varchar(255) null, meta_value varchar(255) null, PRIMARY KEY (meta_id), KEY value_id (value_id), KEY meta_join (meta_key(191), meta_value(191)) ) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci;
    No data to cleanStarting Conversion

    Any ideas on what I need to do to get this error resolved?

    #188263

    In reply to: Closed topics

    Robin W
    Moderator

    Private groups

    and look at the topic permissions

    This will allow you to set users to be able to create topics, but not reply

    #188259
    Jason
    Participant

    Update… if I go to Settings > Reading and change the value in “Blog pages show at most” to 2, I can access the 2nd page link (…page/2), but not the 3rd page. If I change the value in “Blog pages show at most” to 1, I can access all 3 pages. I only have 3 pages of topics, so I am not able to test higher page number navigation links.

    It’s worth noting that regardless of the setting, I can always access the URL that ends in page2 and page3 (without the inbetween slash “/”). And, it appears that WordPress itself displays the page navigation links just fine. This pagination problem seems to be isolated to the bbpress plugin.

    #188257
    Robin W
    Moderator

    not totally sure if this will help but

    Private groups

    #188255
    Roed
    Participant

    Hi guys.
    On my current site I have exported forums, topics and replies via the WordPress built in export to XML function.
    Then I am uploading these files to a new site with the same BBPress version and it looks like all goes well. When I go to Forums I can see all forums and how many topics they’ve got. But at the frontend the forums are empty when entering them.

    I have run all the tools recount etc. and then every forum says 0 topics. I did map all users to existing users which I move prior to BBPress so I do not understand how this recount can reset all forums.

    Any advice?

    Thanks!

    #188214
    J.Parra
    Participant

    Hello everyone. I am using BBpress 2.5.14 with Buddypress 2.9.2 in a WordPress 4.9 and I have the following question.

    On my website I have both entries and discussions marked as “downloads” and I would like to know if I can combine both formats on the same page or entry, of wordpress.
    That is to say, when accessing a page, the entries with the category “Downloads” are listed and on the same page the forum “Downloads” with the debates.

    Listing entries is not a problem, the problem is whether I can include the forum “downloads” on the same page.

    Thanks and regards.

    #188206
    Robin W
    Moderator

    try

    bbp style pack

    to do some styling

    #188199

    Topic: Fatal Error

    in forum Installation
    nickmesquiti
    Participant

    This is the error I am getting when clicking on a forum topic.
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function op_update_option() in /home/jjcohenm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/op-bbpress-fix-master/op-bbpress-fix.php:39 Stack trace: #0 /home/jjcohenm/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): op_allow_bbforum(”) #1 /home/jjcohenm/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/jjcohenm/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/jjcohenm/public_html/wp-settings.php(450): do_action(‘init’) #4 /home/jjcohenm/public_html/wp-config.php(91): require_once(‘/home/jjcohenm/…’) #5 /home/jjcohenm/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once(‘/home/jjcohenm/…’) #6 /home/jjcohenm/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(‘/home/jjcohenm/…’) #7 /home/jjcohenm/public_html/index.php(17): require(‘/home/jjcohenm/…’) #8 {main} thrown in /home/jjcohenm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/op-bbpress-fix-master/op-bbpress-fix.php on line 39

    We are using the twenty seventeen theme and building pages using Optimizepress and building a forum using BBPress. We are also using a plugin for OptimizePress bbPress fix to Allow rendering of forums on OptimizePress blog, however we are not building a blog; but a webpage for a forum using wordpress.

    Wordpress V4.9
    BBPres v2.0-rc-3

    JJCohenMembership.com

    Currently we are still building and do not have it public and therefore no way to get to the forum page except thru the direct link:

    JMEMBERS FORUM PAGE

    Help please.

    Nick

    cold-designer34
    Participant

    bbpress version 2.5.13
    wordpress version 4.8
    theme Avada

    Hi

    I’ve looked around support forum here and also carefully through my localhost installation (where my bbpress forum is currently installed for test purposes) and I’m dashed if I can work out how to use .htaccess to password protect the entire forum.

    I’m aware that there are other ways to authenticate users but some of my clients website visitors are young people and we are keen to ensure that access to the website forum is restricted most severely. By this I mean we wanted to place the forum in its own directory and then place .htaccess and .htpasswd in that directory to limit access to individuals who had personally been handed a note of what the username and password were.

    Might I ask if I’ve missed something simple? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Have a great day
    Gav

    #188168

    In reply to: Sidebar Messed Up

    Robin W
    Moderator

    I somehow broke the page layout of my topic index and topic pages.

    you have done something – the right sidebar is wrapped within the left hand stuff.

    Since I don’t know what you have don to muck it up, it’s hard to suggest what to do to fix it.

    If you haven’t directly edited anything, then something you have done within wordpress/theme/plugins/updates.

    #188149

    In reply to: feeds bug

    DAM
    Participant

    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2961
    we have the same bug again after the update

    #188148
    Robin W
    Moderator

    I go to login to my forum and it redirects me to the user dashboard of WooCommerce.

    just tried it and it seemed fine – is woocommerce active?

    Plus the BBPress toolbar no longer will appear at the top so people can’t see the links to their profile and forums.

    not sure quite what you mean by the bbpress toolcar – do you mean the wordpress one?

    #188145
    Mauro
    Participant

    I found the pieces and bits necessary to make this happen.

    
    // ALTER TinyMCE INIT FOR VISUAL EDITOR ON FORUM TOPICS AND REPLIES
    // SOURCE: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/alter-mceinit-for-visual-editor-on-topics/
    
    // Enable visual editor on tinymce in bbPress
    function bbp_enable_visual_editor( $args = array() ) {
        $args['tinymce'] = true;
        return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'bbp_enable_visual_editor' );
    
    // Enable TinyMCE paste plugin
    function bbp_add_paste_plugin($args) {
      $args[] = 'paste';
      return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'teeny_mce_plugins', 'bbp_add_paste_plugin');
    
    // ADDS A JQUERY PASTE PREPROCESSOR TO REMOVE DISALLOWED TAGS WHILE PASTING
    // SOURCE https://jonathannicol.com/blog/2015/02/19/clean-pasted-text-in-wordpress/
    function configure_tinymce($in) {
      $in['paste_preprocess'] = "function(plugin, args){
        // Strip all HTML tags except those we have whitelisted
        var whitelist = 'a,p,span,b,strong,i,em,h3,h4,h5,h6,ul,li,ol';
        var stripped = jQuery('<div>' + args.content + '</div>');
        var els = stripped.find('*').not(whitelist);
        for (var i = els.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
          var e = els[i];
          jQuery(e).replaceWith(e.innerHTML);
        }
        // Strip all class and id attributes
        stripped.find('*').removeAttr('id').removeAttr('class');
        // Return the clean HTML
        args.content = stripped.html();
      }";
      return $in;
    }
    add_filter('teeny_mce_before_init','configure_tinymce', 99999999999);
    
    #188141
    #188140

    Topic: Widget help

    in forum Installation
    carzpk
    Participant

    Need help pleass
    I have installed the bbpress plugin and but its not showing in widget section like i cant add widget to it
    Also in the forum everything is white like these buttons where you can post a topic
    I am latest wordpress and using premium theme

    Thankyou

    #188123
    leeproc
    Participant

    Hello all,

    I somehow broke the page layout of my topic index and topic pages. The sidebar should be on the right, but it looks like WordPress is drawing the gray line separator on the left of the page, and pushing all the sidebar content to the bottom. Example: https://www.parentifact.org/forums/forum/questions/

    I thought this was due to some code I put in the style.css and functions.php to style my archive pages, but I removed that code and it’s still messed up. Has anyone experienced this before, or could someone more knowledgeable look at the source and developer tools to figure out what’s going wrong here?

    Thanks!

    #188082
    Robin W
    Moderator

    suggest you try :

    bbp style pack

    and come back with any remaining issues.

    I’ve reduced you queries to this one

    #188056
    docaj
    Participant

    I have been struggling with this strange problem. We use bbpress with wordpress. Nobody (except for the site admin) can create a topic or reply in the forum containing the word “breast”. We have to intentionally misspell it as “breastt” or something like that. We have uninstalled Akismet. We do not have any spam filter or content filter plugins. Also checked Settings – Discussion, and Comment Moderation and Comment Blacklist are entirely empty. Any idea what is blocking this word? Thanks!

    #188022
    Callib Carver
    Participant

    Hi,

    We’ver recently launched our site, http://www.theknightsrequiem.com. Our site usses both buddypress and bbpress. We are having an issue with cover photos being uploaded to users profiles.

    When you try to upload the photo, you get a progress bar, like you would see any other time. However it never appears, you just receive the message
    “For better results, make sure to upload an image that is larger than 0px wide, and 225px tall.”

    Again no image is actually uploaded or displayed. However, we can upload user profile photos.

    We are running WordPress 4.8.2
    Our theme is Game Addict by Skywarrior
    Potential plugins that could be affecting this, Buddypress itself, bbpress.

    Thank you for your time and help.

    #188000

    Topic: Email Users

    in forum Installation
    sbl102905
    Participant

    This is probably a very simple question. I have different types of users / subscription levels on my forum. How can I write them emails out of wordpress ?

    #187984
    ipullrank
    Participant

    Hey All,

    I’m in the process of migrating an archaic and otherwise obsolete custom-built forum written in ASP to bbPress. The forum has been around for about 20 years and it was essentially a vBulletin clone. It has roughly 10 million posts and growing.

    I’d exported CSVs of tables from the existing forum. We imported the users into the database and then associated them with the relevant posts. In the database now, wp_postmeta is 2.5 GB and wp_posts is 4.4 GB. Suffice to say everything is slower now, but the forum is 1200bps dialup modem slow.

    I installed Query-Monitor to try and figure it out and this query is taking 53 seconds:

    SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.ID
    FROM wp_posts
    INNER JOIN wp_postmeta
    ON ( wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id )
    WHERE 1=1
    AND wp_posts.post_parent = 36005
    AND ( wp_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_bbp_last_active_time’ )
    AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘topic’
    AND ((wp_posts.post_status = ‘publish’
    OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘pending’
    OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘closed’
    OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘hidden’)
    OR (wp_posts.post_status = ‘private’))
    GROUP BY wp_posts.ID
    ORDER BY wp_postmeta.meta_value DESC
    LIMIT 0, 15

    I spent time checking out this ticket https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1925 but wasn’t really left with an idea of what I should be doing to fix this. Not really sure where I should start in thinking about how to get this down to normal speed. I have this running on pretty stacked machine and DB instances on Google Cloud, but I’m open to any input around what the specs of the boxes need to be to handle this.

    Also, we’re also migrating our e-commerce site to WooCommerce from Shopify, so speed is definitely a huge issue and I don’t want to have the whole site be slow just because of the forum.

    Thanks for any help!

    #187983

    In reply to: Error BBpress

    Richard
    Participant

    Hello, I am getting this exact same error as well. When I try to use Elementor I get a 500 error and must disable bbPress to use Elementor at all.

    The bbPress version is 2.5.14, WordPress version 4.8.3. I’ve tried standard themes, that didn’t make a difference. We do have WooCommerce and User Role Editor installed, but I’ve tried deactivating all of them and bbPress is the only one giving me this same exact error.

    It’s weird too because I just migrated this from a different server and I wasn’t getting the error there…

Viewing 25 results - 4,101 through 4,125 (of 26,980 total)
Skip to toolbar