Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Organic Square, my powerfull BBPress hack.

• peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

Hi all, I have been playing on and off with WordPress, BBPress and Buddypress, mostly to build my own company website.

I have almost completed my quest to make BBpress as functional and user friendly as any other major, paid for, forum software offers, and I think I have even improved to my own preference and proven that BBpress is capable to be better then any commercial package.

Please review my website, I have a demo account as you need to be logged in for all the plugins and hacks to be visible.

I have added quite a few plugins and function snippets, I do not know how to code php or javascript, just basic html and css for the rest I cut and paste until it works, although I do understand what I am looking at with php after 4 years of cut-and-paste…lol

http://www.seedism.nl

username: demo
    passowrd: demo2017

Just to let you know, I breed hybrid strains of medicinal Cannabis so you will find this content on my website!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

Here are a few screenshots:

Category pages show titles of last reply/post.
    Organic-Square: Categories

Topics can hold images and have a like system.
    Organic-Square: Topics

Profile pages are beefed up a bit.
    Organic-Square: Profiles

Activity wall with likes, images and forum list on left side.
    Organic-Square: Activity

u_Oi
    Participant

@arutam

Good job! It seems you got inspiration ๐Ÿ˜ˆ lol

I suggest redirect login page after login because you see an empty page with bbpress link on top.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/415d3e676017403

peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

Hi @arutam

I tried to get to that empty page but my login redirect works for me and few others, we are redirected to the activity page.

The only way to get to that page is to type that actual url once logged in.

It seems I need to do a little study on how to make that page look different when already logged in.

Thanks for pointing it out.

P.H.

brent0r
    Participant

@brent0r

I really like what you’ve done. I’m struggling to make changes to several areas and it looks like you’ve managed to get it perfect!

Specifically the “latest post / freshness” changes on the forum index. I love how its formatted with picture on left, followed by forum and dates. Also the Replies: Views: changed on each section is really nice too ๐Ÿ™‚

Any chance you would share the template changes, it would really help me achieve similar results and learn how you got there.

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

Hi @brent0r
    I made the following adjustment in my child-themeยดs loop-single-forum.php and styled with CSS.
    This code will place all elements in the right order to have simple CSS adjustments make it all work as expected.

<?php

/**
     * Forums Loop - Single Forum
     * @package bbPress
     * Theme OrganicSquare
     * Child-theme of TwentySixteen
     */

?>

<ul id="bbp-forum-<?php bbp_forum_id(); ?>" <?php bbp_forum_class(); ?>>

<li class="bbp-forum-info">
    	<div class="forumtitle">
    		<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_forum_title' ); ?>

<a class="bbp-forum-title" href="<?php bbp_forum_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php bbp_forum_title(); ?>"><?php bbp_forum_title(); ?></a>

<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_forum_title' ); ?>

<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_forum_sub_forums' ); ?>

<div class="bbp-forum-content"><?php bbp_forum_content(); ?></div>
    		<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_forum_sub_forums' ); ?>

<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_forum_description' ); ?>

<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_forum_description' ); ?>

<?php bbp_forum_row_actions(); ?></div>
    	</li>

<li class="bbp-forum-topic-count">
    		<div class="topic-reply-counts">Topics: <span class="ismcounter"><?php bbp_forum_topic_count(); ?></span></div>
    		<div class="topic-reply-counts">Posts: <span class="ismcounter"><?php bbp_show_lead_topic() ? bbp_forum_reply_count() : bbp_forum_post_count(); ?></span></div>
    	</li>

<li class="bbp-topic-freshness mob-hide-link-forum">
    	<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_forum_freshness_link' ); ?>

<div class="freshness-author"><span class="fresh-avatar"><?php bbp_author_link( array( 'post_id' => bbp_get_forum_last_active_id(), 'type' => 'avatar', 'size' => '40' ) ); ?></span>

<div class="fresh"><h2><a href=" <?php bbp_forum_last_reply_url(); ?>" class="forumpostlink"><?php bbp_forum_last_reply_title(); ?></a></h2>
    	<span class="forumlist-name"><?php bbp_author_link( array( 'post_id' => bbp_get_forum_last_active_id(), 'type' => 'name' ) ); ?></span>
    	<span class="widgetlistdate"><?php bbp_forum_freshness_link(); ?></span></div>
    	<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_forum_freshness_link' ); ?>
    	</div>
    </li>

</ul><!-- #bbp-forum-<?php bbp_forum_id(); ?> -->

jyotixxx
    Participant

@jyotixxx

Nice site.

How have you achieved views in forum archive/ Loop single forum?

jyotixxx
    Participant

@jyotixxx

sorry, seems it is in your loop single topic

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar