Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Removing date stamp

• tkdoherty
    Participant

@tkdoherty

I’d like to remove the date stamp from topics and responses. I found a couple of code suggestions trough Google searches but I haven’t gotten any to work. As a work around, I simply changed the wordpress general settings for date and time to Custom, and then left the custom field blank. This almost worked. The date/time stamp changed from, for instance, “11/25/2017 at 7:03 am” to just ” at “. My trouble is that “at”. I’ve been sniffing through the wordpress and theme php files to remove it or change it to a space, but cannot figure out where the “at” is. Can anyone tell me how I can change or remove it?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I wrote a small plugin a while ago that takes dates out of bbpress, including the columns

Give this a try

bbp evergreen

tkdoherty
    Participant

@tkdoherty

Thanks Robin. I activated your plugin. It did remove the date from the replies, but not from the main topic description.

Robin W

@robin-w

can you describe what you mean by the ‘main topic description’, either by actions (go there click this and it says…) or by screenshot

tkdoherty
    Participant

@tkdoherty

Sure -here is a screenshot with the date circled:
    Date stamp in forum

Robin W

@robin-w

interesting – I think another theme or plugin may be overwriting.

suggest you check that your theme doesn’t have a ‘bbpress’ directory with templates in it, or that another plugin is not doing that.

tkdoherty
    Participant

@tkdoherty

I found the culprit. In the bbP Toolkit plugin, checking the option for Global/Replies/Most recent reply on top/Inverse replies but keep lead topic on top causes the date to appear as shown above.

Robin W

@robin-w

so are you fixed ?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar