Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 8,076 through 8,100 (of 32,570 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #165767
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Does what is in this guide help any??

    Creating Content

    #165765
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @antonhoelstad

    All you had to say was that you did not edit files, if you did not edit any files.

    You did not need to post ALL of the code in the templates that just included any specific keywords to search. If you started fresh from on bbPress then you just posted the default templates.

    Do not post full template code, on this site use soemthing like gist.github so I do not have to scroll through all of that in this topic, or even in the forums search on this site.

    Did you even try putting the templates into a child theme like I said above??

    #165755
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I explain how to here. Simply go to your forum profile and go to subscriptions and hit the red Xs.

    Subscriptions

    #165731
    Robin W
    Moderator
    #165724
    frank tredici
    Participant

    I want to install forum / help desk / q&a type plugin and I am considering bbPress for this.

    Does bbPress allow for private posts whereby the submitter must register to the site and can only gain access to their own posts by logging in? Also, can posts be kept private so no other member can see them?

    #165713
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Add this custom CSS for it to display in a sort of list.

    #bbpress-forums .bbp-forums-list li {
        display: block;
    }
    #165707
    Robkk
    Moderator

    This one is tough but it has to do with using <?php wpautop() ?>. Also know that the user description field is just a field inherited from the WordPress default profile fields.

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wpautop

    #165706
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I guess maybe try the conditional that is in this code. 13 is the topics forum id.

    function bbp_forum_thirteens() {
        $topic_id = bbp_get_topic_forum_id();
        
        if ( $topic_id == 13 ) {
            echo '<p>THIS is another test Thirteen</p>';
        }
    }    
        
    add_action( 'bbp_template_before_single_topic', 'bbp_forum_thirteens' );
    #165705
    gptxffa
    Participant

    yes sir!

    I tried Satrya’s code in the functionality plugin you recommended and it did work :D!

    Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

    #165702
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @gptxffa this fix is in @satrya’s post you can change the conditional in the function to other areas on bbPress.

    In @mvaneijgen’s topic I helped him make it work for his feedback-no-search.php template.

    New Topic Form Shortcode Issue

    #165701
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Okay I tested it for awhile today, and I got it to work with this.

    function bbp_forum_thirteen() {
        $forum_id = bbp_get_forum_id();
        
        if ( $forum_id == 13 ) {
            echo '<p>THIS IS FORUM Thirteen</p>';
        }
    }    
        
    add_action( 'bbp_template_before_single_forum', 'bbp_forum_thirteen' );
    #165699
    Robkk
    Moderator

    THat should only be for avatars or gravatars and nothing else. You even see that option under a header tag that says Avatars.

    The only settings bbPress uses in the discussion settings is the Moderation and Blacklisting settings.

    Moderation and BlackListing

    You might need to do some troubleshooting just in case to see what might be causing the issue.

    Troubleshooting

    Robkk
    Moderator

    For the line-breaks missing it might be some CSS from your theme maybe causing the issue, but link to a post that should have line breaks so I can check and make sure.

    ALso fix the oversized avatars using this CSS.

    default size bbPress 14px avatar.

    #bbpress-forums p.bbp-topic-meta img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-reply-revision-log img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topic-revision-log img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums div.bbp-template-notice img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums .widget_display_topics img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums .widget_display_replies img.avatar {
       margin-bottom: 0px;
       vertical-align: middle;
       border: 1px single #ddd;
       width: 14px;
    }

    default size profile image

    #buddypress div#item-header img.avatar {
        width: 150px;
    }
    #165685
    aluxi33
    Participant

    Nevermind.

    Right now I am using the (bbpress) Forum Search on my Main Sidebar. I also have the bbpress shortcodes listed below. If I check this box: Forum Prefix (Prefix all forum content with the Forum Root slug (Recommended), my search works but then it disables my bbpress shortcodes. How can I make the bbpress shortcodes work with the Forum Prefix box checked?

    http://mysite.com/view/latest-topics/

    #165670
    TheMK850
    Participant

    I was following the layout and functionality examples you can use and it didn’t work for me.

    Step 1 worked for me just fine.
    I inserted the following code into my functions.php (i am using a child theme)

    //create vertical list
    function custom_bbp_sub_forum_list() {
      $args['separator'] = '<br>';
      return $args;
    }
     add_filter('bbp_before_list_forums_parse_args', 'custom_bbp_sub_forum_list' );

    Then I moved onto step 2 and added this into my functions.php as well

    function remove_counts() {
    $args['show_topic_count'] = false;
    $args['show_reply_count'] = false;
    $args['count_sep'] = '';
     return $args;
    }
    add_filter('bbp_before_list_forums_parse_args', 'remove_counts' );

    It removed the counts but it didn’t look like a list anymore

    #165669
    DevynCJohnson
    Participant

    Why not add the below code to the theme’s functions.php file?

    //Subscribe by default
    function subscribed_by_default(){
    echo '<script type="text/javascript">jQuery("#bbp_topic_subscription").prop("checked","checked");</script>';
    }
    add_filter('bbp_theme_after_topic_form_subscriptions','subscribed_by_default');
    add_filter('bbp_theme_after_reply_form_subscription','subscribed_by_default');
    #165668

    In reply to: Manage Subscriptions?

    DevynCJohnson
    Participant

    @jrb9406 , I will use my forum as an example. Notice that the link address for the “subscribe” link on my bootloader article forum (http://dcjtech.info/forum/articles/bootloaders/) ends in ?action=bbp_subscribe&forum_id=517&_wpnonce=120c4cdb3d. So, to start your code, you need to get a list of forum IDs and the name of the forum for a particular ID. Then, you can list forum names and use their ID for the subscription. Obviously, action=bbp_subscribe calls the subscribe function/code. However, I am not sure about the _wpnonce=120c4cdb3d.

    I hope that gives you a good start.

    #165663
    boriskamp1991
    Participant

    Hi guys! Im checking Google’s Search Console every once in a while. I found out that some 404’s were found on reply feeds like this:
    /forums/reply/11781/feed/
    /forums/reply/11978/feed/
    /forums/reply/12250/feed/
    etc, you get it.

    Where do these come from? I would like to solve the 404’s permanently offcourse, not that I redirect them and new ones like this appear next week.

    Thanks guys!

    #165662

    In reply to: Manage Subscriptions?

    jrb9406
    Participant

    Thanks!

    I’ve been working on some code to do this. I just figured someone might have thought of developing a plugin for it.

    I haven’t done html coding in 15 years, and I’m just picking up css and php. I guess it’s a learning experience.

    #165660

    In reply to: Manage Subscriptions?

    Robkk
    Moderator

    Subscribing to forums after registration is custom development for now. You may need to hire a developer to create this for you.

    You already have an area in your profile.

    Subscriptions

    drake2k
    Participant

    I saw a lot of posts from a LONG time ago in regards to the same thing that all resulted in resolutions that didn’t seem to fit my problem or were way over my head. I don’t know anything about editing php files and hope I don’t have to. So here goes my issue and I hope there’s a simple fix.

    I have a ‘landing’ page for my forums with the [bbp-forum-index] in the body.

    This lists all my forums and sub-forums perfectly.

    When I click on a forum and either make a new post or add a reply to a post everything seems to work just fine until I hit the submit button. Everything is clumped into one big mess. I’m not using HTML or BBCode just straight up typing like I’m doing right here. The main problem is lines between paragraphs.

    Like this

    and this.

    They all vanish when I hit submit and looks more…
    like this
    and this.

    I have a visitor section on the forums that allows visitors to post things should anyone wish to test it out. The site is located here http://cp-fc.com

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    #165639
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I thought wp super cache was disabled, I see this in the source code of the page you linked to.

    <!-- Dynamic page generated in 1.134 seconds. -->
    <!-- Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2015-08-21 00:20:54 -->
    
    <!-- super cache -->

    You most likely need to flush the cache to see everything correctly and up to date.

    #165634
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Also know instead of placing code in your child theme you could paste any custom CSS in the many custom css plugins or the custom CSS module in Jetpack for example, and PHP code functions into a plugin like functionality.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/functionality/

    #165633
    gptxffa
    Participant

    I see, thanks for the advice.

    I will try to see what I can accomplish with the code above and let you know ๐Ÿ˜€

    Thanks

    #165630
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Alright just so you know I can’t really do Admin access type stuff anymore, I am following some guide from the WordPress.org codex about moderators not needing to gain admin access because they will be going too far, its something like that. I also got a talking to, to stop doing it by some people on this site to, I mostly helped with commercial products because I could find the issue faster if I am more hands on and find a bbPress/theme/plugin bug faster, than telling the users to just ask the theme/plugin author. Plus in this case I do not really need to have an admin account, so you can delete that account you created for me again.

    From what I can see the downloaded theme is Jolene and you can just edit the Biker theme since it is already a child theme. If the Biker theme is frequently being updated (which it really shouldn’t), then I guess creating a grandchild theme like what you are doing would be the best approach.

Viewing 25 results - 8,076 through 8,100 (of 32,570 total)
Skip to toolbar