Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 7,326 through 7,350 (of 32,569 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #169219
    Robkk
    Moderator

    You may need to refresh any cache if you cannot see any changes appear.

    The original code in loop-single-topic.php from \wp-content\plugins\bbpress\templates\default\bbpress\loop-single-topic.php

    Has this code. Which makes it not show up in single forum pages, so it is only visible in topics created section in your forum profile, forum search, and the topic archive on yoursite.com/topics. You may need to remove the conditional if you want to always have it visible.

    <?php if ( !bbp_is_single_forum() || ( bbp_get_topic_forum_id() !== bbp_get_forum_id() ) ) : ?>
    
    	<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_topic_started_in' ); ?>
    
    		<span class="bbp-topic-started-in"><?php printf( __( 'in: <a href="%1$s">%2$s</a>', 'bbpress' ), bbp_get_forum_permalink( bbp_get_topic_forum_id() ), bbp_get_forum_title( bbp_get_topic_forum_id() ) ); ?></span>
    
    	<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_topic_started_in' ); ?>
    
    <?php endif; ?>
    #169210
    danperis
    Participant

    Hi,
    yes, I strongly believe that the mentioned behavior (which I confirm: 3 replies were added early today and they are not counted) was caused by some updates. However, how can I find which update caused it? Everytime an update is available I install it. Is wordpress keeping a log with activities as updates?
    One small detail: the freshness is updated when you re-load the page, in the sense that the code is considering the current time. But the freshness is not taking into account the last replies (like if no new reply was added).
    It seems that the reply is not triggering the functions that are updating counters: anyone has an idea on how this is implemented? So we could search for the cause…
    One detail more: I’m also using the “Orbisius bbPress Notify Me On Follow Up Replies” plugin and it also stopped sending emails when a new reply is added.
    Thanks!

    #169206
    seyibest
    Participant

    Thank you Pascal.
    I installed the plugin but the arrangment i made to subforum, all scattered.
    i have uninstalled it already hoping to get a better option later.

    But man, check my site http://www.guruscrib.net you will notice the login,register,forget password on the menu bar.
    so, how do i make it to be in a place like just only Login/Register on just a menu bar like “http://rush-hour-crush.co.uk&#8221;?

    and moreso, i made the homepage to be the forum. how can i code it in such a way that 2-3 of my post will appear on the homepage follow by the forum beneath it?

    Thanks so much man.
    you the boom.lol

    #169204
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    AFAIK, any import is ADDING records, so it will never erase what you already have.

    If you want to try yourself, there is always the custom import possibility: https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/importing-data/import-forums/custom-import/

    Pascal.

    #169189
    Robkk
    Moderator

    The file you are looking for that has this code should be part of the templates you can customize if you copy the file loop-single-topic.php from the bbPress plugin to your child theme.

    #169188
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Common thing to see if you activated tinymce for bbPress. Some of the html tags bbPress restricts usage from regular participants could also be used for Tinymce. Customize this function to your liking if there are many more html tags not outputting.

    add_filter( 'bbp_kses_allowed_tags', 'ntwb_bbpress_custom_kses_allowed_tags' );
    function ntwb_bbpress_custom_kses_allowed_tags() {
    	return array(
    		// Links
    		'a'          => array(
    			'class'    => true,
    			'href'     => true,
    			'title'    => true,
    			'rel'      => true,
    			'class'    => true,
    			'target'    => true,
    		),
    		// Quotes
    		'blockquote' => array(
    			'cite'     => true,
    		),
    		
    		// Div
    		'div' => array(
    			'class'     => true,
    		),
    		
    		// Span
    		'span'             => array(
    			'class'     => true,
                            'style'     => true,
    		),
    		
                    // Paragraph
    		'p'             => array(
    			'class'     => true,
                            'style'     => true,
    		),
    
    		// Code
    		'code'       => array(),
    		'pre'        => array(
    			'class'  => true,
    		),
    		// Formatting
    		'em'         => array(),
    		'strong'     => array(),
    		'del'        => array(
    			'datetime' => true,
    		),
    		// Lists
    		'ul'         => array(),
    		'ol'         => array(
    			'start'    => true,
    		),
    		'li'         => array(),
    		// Images
    		'img'        => array(
    			'class'    => true,
    			'src'      => true,
    			'border'   => true,
    			'alt'      => true,
    			'height'   => true,
    			'width'    => true,
    		),
    		// Tables
    		'table'      => array(
    			'align'    => true,
    			'bgcolor'  => true,
    			'border'   => true,
    		),
    		'tbody'      => array(
    			'align'    => true,
    			'valign'   => true,
    		),
    		'td'         => array(
    			'align'    => true,
    			'valign'   => true,
    		),
    		'tfoot'      => array(
    			'align'    => true,
    			'valign'   => true,
    		),
    		'th'         => array(
    			'align'    => true,
    			'valign'   => true,
    		),
    		'thead'      => array(
    			'align'    => true,
    			'valign'   => true,
    		),
    		'tr'         => array(
    			'align'    => true,
    			'valign'   => true,
    		)
    	);
    }

    You may not need to completely turn off the html editor tab now, as it is quite useful for users.

    David
    Participant

    Hello

    The freshness time (2 hours ago) IS accurate but when I go into a post and see the post and replys, all times listed are off by 8 hours not reflecting my timezone. I’m in Pacific time / San Francisco. Is there a fix for this?

    I’m still getting the site built but see:
    https://www.myacim.com/community/topic/why-would-i-say-nothing-means-anything/

    I am:
    WordPress 4.3.1
    bbpress 2.5.8
    I have switched to theme 2013 and the problem still exists.

    Also, I’m not a programmer so if the fix requires code I’ll need you to tell me where to stick it. (I can access files through cpanel file manager)

    Thank you so much in advance for your help community!

    eric.w
    Participant

    I have verified that this code works. Created a github repository just for this topic. Code and instructions are included.

    https://github.com/ericwallen/add-featured-images-bbpress-forums

    <!– Add this code to functions.php –>

    add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’, array( ‘forum’ ) );
    add_post_type_support(‘forum’, ‘thumbnail’);

    <!– Place this code inside page.php or anywhere else you can echo php in your theme –>

    <?php echo get_the_post_thumbnail($post_id, ‘full’); ?>

    <!– Repace $post_id with a number ’54’ which will be the id of the post you are tryin to fetch –>

    <?php echo get_the_post_thumbnail(’54’, ‘full’); ?>

    #169182
    Matt
    Participant

    If I run the following MySQL query…

    SELECT * FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type LIKE 'forum'

    …I notice that post_status = ‘private’ for the private forums. That makes sense.
    However, if I run…

    SELECT * FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type LIKE 'topic'

    …I notice that all the topics have post_status = ‘publish’ whether they are in a private forum or not.

    Is there any reason why they aren’t post_status = ‘private’? Might that be why the archive lists them?

    #169177
    32diego
    Participant

    For anyone interested this is the fix

    This is actually a bbPress issue with the singular.php template which was introduced in WordPress 4.3 but bbPress doesn’t support it yet. It looks like it has been fixed in core already – https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/5950 – but the update hasn’t been released yet.

    If you add the following code to the top of your index.php for your theme it will provide a temp fix:

    // bbPress fix while they update things…
    if ( function_exists( ‘is_bbpress’ ) && is_bbpress() ) {
    get_template_part( ‘singular’ );
    return;
    }

    #169143
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,

    Ah, the ‘breadcrumbs’.

    You can switch them completely off or just remove the ‘forums’ part by checking the example here: https://codex.bbpress.org/layout-and-functionality-examples-you-can-use/#4-turning-off-or-changing-breadcrumbs
    Just copy this part into a child theme, in your functions.php or in a plugin.

    If you don’t know how to do it yourself, you can always check for plugins like bbP Toolkit or others that can help you with that.

    Pascal.

    #169140
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    1. and 2.
    You might want to create a standard WordPress page called ‘forums’ and give it the http://raquiia.com/gaming/forums/ URL. In that way you override the default page.
    Then use shortcode for your chat, the [bbp-forum-index] shortcode and the shortcode for your statistics. (see shortcodes: https://codex.bbpress.org/features/shortcodes/ )

    For 3. at lot can be done, but I have the impression you want to heavily customize, so if you want to do your own coding you could create a child theme and put copies there of the main bbPress files and start modifying them.

    Then of course hundreds of plugins already exist. If you want to do something specific, just open another support request here and we will try to guide you.

    Enjoy bbPress !
    Pascal.

    #169139
    raquiia
    Participant

    Hi,

    i just installed bbpress to my wordpress website. www raquiia com/gaming.

    I was using inboard since long time but yet, i think it’s more convenience to use bbpress with my wordpress website and different plugins.

    So i would like to configure it.

    The basic installation looks correct, its work without bug (or i didn’t find yet), but i would like to customize it.

    First i would like to add a chat on the forum page : www raquiia com/gaming/forums/
    So, between the header with the image and title and the Forum i would like this: wordpress plugin : simple-ajax-chat
    or an other chat i don’t really care.

    i’ll keep the sidebar on right.

    Bottom of the forum i would like a better statistic. So i found this : wordpress plugin : bbpress-improved-statistics-users-online

    For both it’s look simple to install, just have to write the shortcode on the forum page. But unfortunnally i can’t find where is this page …

    After fix that, i’ll try to make the forum more clear and nice to read.
    It’s hard to find nice and clear bbpress (i mean in my opinion), i found one example : http://themes.momizat.com/?theme=multinews (go to community -> Forum)

    A forum like this after add the chat and the statistic can be alright. Even better if i also can add image for each sub category.

    To explain, on this example they have General main category
    Then they have sub category :- getting started
    – off topic
    – Funstuff
    Can i add an image before each sub category ?

    i think, i have to modify my template to get what i want. i just don’t know where and how …

    To summary i want :

    1 : Add a chat (doesn’t matter which one) on top of the forum
    2 : Add better statistic bot of my forum
    3 : Change the design of the forum part (category …)

    If somebody can answer me it will be very helpful to open this website asap.

    Thanks you by advance

    Louis

    #169138
    Momshof
    Participant

    Update – I found this code searching through the forums and tried it – it fixed the quotes – they are no longer showing raw code.

    The font, size, color, align – still comes up as raw code.

    function bbp_tinymce_paste_plain_text( $plugins = array() ) {
    $plugins[] = ‘paste’;
    return $plugins;
    }
    add_filter( ‘bbp_get_tiny_mce_plugins’, ‘bbp_tinymce_paste_plain_text’ );

    last post on – http://dtcdancecentral.com/DTCTest/forums/topic/creating-a-topic-1-test-2/#post-12237

    #169133
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    Just create a normal WordPress page and add the shortcode [bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id]
    See: https://codex.bbpress.org/features/shortcodes/
    Pascal.

    #169131

    In reply to: Confusing breadcrumb

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Well, something is wrong with your setup. To go easy ? I would just remove the ‘Forums’ part in the breadcrumbs.
    Option 1: Add this to a child theme, in your functions.php or in a plugin:

    function pc_breadcrumb_changes($args) {
    	$args['include_root'] = false;
    	return $args;
    }
    add_filter('bbp_before_get_breadcrumb_parse_args', 'pc_breadcrumb_changes');

    Option 2: Install the bbP-Toolkit plugin and just tick the option to remove ‘Forums’.

    Pascal.

    #169125
    tellermario
    Participant

    How to create a forum per page true shortcode and not to see other forums created on other pages? Without the need of user registration.

    #169123
    Brevi
    Participant

    Hello!

    I would like to try bbPress forum because of it’s WordPress integration and the advantages that would come with that.

    I currently have a Simple Machines Forum (SMF) with the following statistics:

    Total Members: 98
    Total Posts: 9924
    Total Topics: 1519
    Total Categories: 4
    Total Boards: 34

    Version of SMF: 2.0.11 (Current)
    Version of WordPress: 4.3.1 (Current)
    Version of bbPress: 2.5.8 (Current)

    I’ve read the guide of importing forums here: https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/importing-data/import-forums/

    Based on that I’m fairly certain I followed the steps right. I have the server (localhost), the database, the prefix and user added in the import tool. The processing gets stuck at the following point (tried several times):

    Converting topics (57 – 57)

    I did try with ‘Row Limit’ 1 and also tried ‘Delay Time’ between 1-30, but that did not make a difference. I tried to Stop / Start it a few times… nothing.

    I’m not an expert with MySQL databases, so I don’t think I can manually edit the row which is causing the problem.

    Can anyone help with this please?

    #169120

    In reply to: Confusing breadcrumb

    rigpa1
    Participant

    http://www.chilidating.com

    When I set the Forum Root to love-questions I get an empty page even though I have a page called love-questions with the shortcode [bbp-forum-index]. The url says (correctly) http://www.chilidating.com/love-questions/ but shows a blank page.

    If I set the forum slug to “forums” I get the right URL and I see the forum page. If I go to a sub forum I get this Breadcrumb: Chili Dating › Forums › Dating

    The first Chili Dating goes to the frontpage but the next > Forums goes to a blank page called forums. Even though I create a page called forums and put the shortcode in there I get a blank page. I cant make it work…

    #169119
    dayan89
    Participant

    Hi

    I’ve tried following function (in functions.php of my theme) to increase pagination, but it doesn’t work:

    function bbp_increase_pagination($args) {
        $args['end_size'] = 5;
        $args['mid_size'] = 5;
        return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_topic_pagination', 'bbp_increase_pagination' );

    I still have same pagintation:

    What’s the problem?

    #169114
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator
    #169112
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    You can start from here: https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/troubleshooting/blank-pages/
    If it did not help, just get back.
    Pascal.

    #169106
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    As said above:
    For your plugins, you should activate them from your ‘Admin panels > Plugins > Installed Plugins’ and then you can start tuning the options (in most cases under ‘Admin panels > Settings’ or ‘Admin panels > Tools’.
    If they do not work, then you need to ask on the forums of those plugins.

    For the avatars, you can start reading here: https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/faq/user-avatars/

    Pascal.

    #169100
    Toni
    Participant

    Gee, this has happened again. I keep forgetting what I am doing.

    I had a page with shortcode, then I changed the page name and slug. Now I have a generated page without content.

    http://toni-esl.com/eslforum/write/

    #169092
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Well, for finding the help and responses, I hope you’re not disappointed.
    Please note that WordPress runs best on PHP 5.6 and higher (you seem to use 5.5) : https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

    – Have you run all the repair tools of bbpress after import to be sure your structure is optimized ?
    – Have you deactivated any not-needed plugin ? Is your theme ready for bbPress ?
    – Are you using any cache mechanism to improve speed where possible ?
    – Did you try to run performance tools like the P3 plugin performance profiler to narrow down the possible slow parts ? Or gtmetrix.com as starting point ?

    Some further reading: https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/improving-performance/

    Also note that in the upcoming bbPress v2.6 (hopefully before the end of this year), a lot of focus went on possible performance issues.

    Hope it helps,
    Pascal.

Viewing 25 results - 7,326 through 7,350 (of 32,569 total)
Skip to toolbar