Search Results for 'code'
-
Search Results
-
Hi there,
I’m helping a client resolve an issue with their bbPress Activity Stream. Their website has many online classes that are kept separate from each other, and their wish is to have the Activity Stream only show activity that is relevant to the forum a user has access to, and keep info from other forums private (they are using MemberMouse to restrict access). I did some research on here and on Google and found several threads that talked about similar issues, but wasn’t able to find any solutions.
The site uses the latest version of WP (4.4.2) and bbPress (2.5.8) and is located at http://www.themysticdreamacademy.com/
I thought the bbPress Activity Stream Shortcode Plugin would do the job, so I installed that and did a quick test, but I’m getting this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_has_activities() in /home/myst1cadm1n/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-activity-shortcode/bp-activity-as-shortcode.php on line 102
If that issue could be resolved, we may be all set since we can set up shortcodes to display different streams for different forums. Otherwise, we’d like to know if there’s a way to limit the Activity Stream to only show content the user has access to.
Finally, my client is also concerned about the default forums page, which shows a listing of recent topics from all forums and is visible to anyone who finds it: http://www.themysticdreamacademy.com/forums/ Users who aren’t logged in aren’t able to click any of the links, but they are still concerned about privacy. Is it possible to make this page private so only logged-in admins can see it? Or can it be removed somehow?
Thanks for your time,
RoryIm a little confused as to how to accomplish this. I have set up and styled a private forum. When visitors go to the forum, I would like there to be a login screen if they are not logged in. Currently, if I am not logged in I get a “page not found” error. I get the same page error if a user logs out. Im sure there’s a simple way to accomplish this, but I cannot figure it out.
Ive tried creating a login page using a shortcode, and it works fine…but if I go this route, how do I make it so that it automatically redirects the user to the forum once they are logged in?
Any suggestions?
Topic: Display only the @username
I am trying to remove the author’s real name and only display the @ username.
With the code I found here, I could add the username below the name. But how can I remove the real name and only display the @ username?
