Hi there,
Does anyone know if there is a plugin that allows for a slightly nicer way of creating a New Topic?
E.g. either a new page as this forum on bbpress.org does, or something that opens at the top of the screen? Anything that doesn’t place the form at the foot of the page.
Thanks 😀
Jack
It could be a theme or plugin issue
Plugins
Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.
Themes
If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.
Then come back
Hi,
Yes I followed the explanation as I found out this is the first thing you asked to do.
I found out, taking a look at a plugin I had previously installed, called “bbpress wp tweaks”, that after a couple of an hour my template was eventually listed, however, it doesn’t make any difference and, yes my FTP software is working nice !
Any idea as there are not many templates and theme Twenty seventeen is quite different from the previous ones !?
Thanks for your kind help
Philippe
bbp additional shortcodes plugin solved the problem 🙂
Hi
I’ve been reading many posts on this forum and tried out many proposed solutions but to no avail up to now 🙁
I first started with the copy of an unmodified and renamed in “bbpress.php” “page.php” file at the root of my theme folder, then with another one with a slight modification of the code substituting the class “content-area”with “content-area-wide”, I then tried another method creating a subfolder in my theme and copying the above mentioned file as well as a modified “style.css” file.
The code was simply :
.content-area-wide {
float: left; margin-right: -100%; width: 100%}
@import url (“../twentyseventeen/style.css”);
Unless the code is not correct or the path or it’s syntax either, of course it didn’t work either.
Surprisingly, the page listing all the forums is using almost the full width, and looks exactly what I’m looking for anyway but as son as I get in one of the forums they are displayed as if on one column way and aligned on the left.
Same thing for the abovementioned page if I go back to it unless I refresh it…
I should point out that I don’t use or have any sidebar for these pages and I’m not concerned by this kind of problem like many other people!
As I’m not a master of the code, could anybody help me and describe each step to solve this frustrating issue so that I can follow each step and not guess intermediate steps considered as obvious are easy by the most learned guys !?
Thanks so much for our site subscribers
Regards,
Philippe
Hi, sry i can’t edit my previous post. I used the bbpress signature plugin.
But also if i add a Link to a normal post, the link is not working because bbpress is adding the root url of the post before my url.
Is this because of permallinks or what is the issue?
thanks!
can’t remember that bbpress has a signature element – are you using an additional plugin to do this?
Hi,
For specific questions when using that plugin, it might be better to ask on the dedicated forum: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bbpress-sort-topic-replies
Hi,
Can I take one step back?
If a user needs to receive an email when a new topic gets created in a forum, (s)he can just subscribe to the forum and bbPress will do the rest. You don’t need any extra plugins for that.
Pascal.
For uploading files, the 3 products I know of are ‘GD bbpress Attachments’, ‘Image Upload for BBPress’ and ‘bbPress Multi Image Uploader’. Have a look if it would fit your needs.
If you use BuddyPress as well, then there is also ‘BuddyPress Forum Editor’.
Pascal.
OK, I found the code who make this issue.
function SearchFilter($query) {
if ( $query->is_search && !is_woocommerce() && !is_admin()) {
$query->set( 'post_type', 'post,page' );
}
if ( function_exists( 'is_woocommerce' ) ) :
if ( $query->is_search && is_woocommerce() && !is_admin()) {
$query->set( 'post_type', 'product' );
}
endif;
return $query;
}
add_filter('pre_get_posts','SearchFilter');
I put this function in functions.php because without that I can’t search on my blog AND Woocommerce with the plugin Releanssi).
But what the problem with this function?
EDIT: I found a topic and the fix of @robin-w
Topics not appearing in forum
I will try this fix very soon.
Hi fuse2701,
You need to change the padding-left value from 16px to 0.
The first padding value (0) is the padding-top one, the second one (0) is for padding-right, the third (23px) bottom and the last one (padding-left) should be changed from 16px to 0.
These are the current values:
#left-area ul, .entry-content ul, .comment-content ul, body.et-pb-preview #main-content .container ul {
padding: 0 0 23px 16px;
line-height: 26px;
list-style-type: disc;
}
If you are using a child theme, copy and paste the CSS lines below there. Otherwise, go to your WordPress Dashboard, Divi / Divi Theme Option / General tab / and paste these lines there on Custom CSS / Save Changes
#left-area ul, .entry-content ul, .comment-content ul, body.et-pb-preview #main-content .container ul {
padding: 0 0 23px 0;
}
If that doesn’t work, try adding a !important like this
padding: 0 0 23px 0 !important;

Hello,
I installed bbPress, maybe 5 months ago. I imported from phpBB.
After some trouble with this import, the installation was ok.
But now, with wordpress 4.7.2 (maybe before I’m not sure), I can see my forums but not replies and topics.
About topics, I can see when it’s “pin topics” but there is not reply inside.
Everything is ok in the admin panel of WP, all posts, topics and forums are here.
I tried to remove “WP-super cache” and use the tool “bbp-repair” but nothing change.
Could someone help me?
Best Regards
In my website I have some moderator and keymaster that are not administrators of the website. In this website I have installed the extension bbpress New Topic Emailer that correctly send the notifications of new posts to moderatos and keymasters but, if they click on the link on the email (which is domain.com?post_type=topic&p=8837 – the page in which you reply to the topic) they see the error ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS , if I, as administrator, click on this link it works fine,
how can be the issue?
not really sure that bbpress is the best tool for this.
several wordpress solutions round – I googled ‘document sharing wordpress’ and got this which looks like it is a better fit
https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/sp-client-document-manager/
you can see what the free vs. premium does here
SP Client Document Manager for WordPress
I run a non-profit association.
I am looking for a system that will allow me to store documents from the various workgroups we have. The chairs of the groups and the association admin need to be able to upload their documents for everyone to see and download.
We also keep association reference documents for the members there.
Can bbPress handle this?
Steve
Wordpress is 4.7.2 BBpress is the most updated version. site is http://teroromighty.com
On the main site you’ll see the bbpress login. I can log in with my account but the page will refresh and not show me the menu items that are listed to be private. (only logged in viewers)
i can log in by using the /login page and then it’ll allow you to view profile as if you’re logged in but it’s not showing the menu items profile and logout.
And account to test with is dragonchild pass Dragon13
I’m at a loss really. I’ve also got a plugin called
I am using WordPress 4.7.2 and bbpress Version 2.5.12. I have tried the code as mentioned in previous post. However, it doesn’t work. Could any generous guys can help me?
My main objective is to set spectator to have ability to post/edit a post. That’s it.
1. Is there any other easiest way to do it?
2. If no, any change besides the false/true value I suppose to amend?
3. Where should I put the code, only capabilites.php?
I wish someone can show me step by step solution. Thank you so much.
Hi,
i just installed the bbpress board and all seems to be quite good but there is a space at the left side of the board and i dont know how to fix this. i use the divi theme by elegantthemes.com, maybe its because of that theme?
I did not changed the bbpress css.
Link: http://www.my-synergy.org/schoeneiche-online/forums/
Thanks,
fuse2701
Thanks for your reply.
This might seem obvious for the creator of bbpress. But it really isn’t. I think you need to drop the word “partner” cause that is really confusing.
Method 1:
This doesn’t do anything other than adds a page that you can add to your navigation. You could instead basically add a custom link to your navigation because the page itself isn’t displayed since you have the same slug as you set for forum root index. The default bbpress index will be displayed. Having a wordpress-page is just confusing since nothing added to that page is displayed.
Method 2:
This method doesn’t mention the slug at all so I presume the slug here is different then the one set as forum root index. Fine. Name your page anything and add anything along with the shortcode [bbp-forum-index]. There you have it. You think…
You think you have customized your forum index page. But in fact that page is just a non-bbpress page that happens to have bbpress content in it. How so?
1) Your breadcrumb forum index link will still display the default index page.
2) And if you use the bbp style pack to add login-logout-buttons to your navigation it won’t recognize your custom index page as a bbpress-page. (The buttons won’t display when option is set to only display on forum pages)
Maybe it’s just me, but If I create my own index page, of course I want that page to be the index page linked to in the breadcrumbs as well.
So. I’m struggling with the word “partner” here. In my mind it says a wordpress page can partner with bbpress and act as the forum index page. As a replacement not as an addition. It can’t be that you should have TWO different index pages, can it?
So, how do I create a custom forum index page that is recognized as a forum page and acts as the forum index page in the breadcrumbs?
Cheers!
Hello, using WP 4.7.2, with BBPress sort topic relpies 1.0.3, I’ve set the form sort options to descending, along with forums and topics sidebar to descending. when I view Forums or Topics from their main pages the plug in works as advertised, however when I use the short code [bbp-single-topic id=1286] what is displayed is the topic but not sorted correctly.
REEF Webcam
should have newst post on top.
FIXED !ok, here is what was happening, their was not enough memory for the plugin to get activated, so i renamed the bbpress directory and that fixed it!