Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Last activity link name wrong

• Hy!

I’m convert my old Invision Power Board forum to bbPress. After that i use the Admin/Tools/Forums functions. Now i see the last activation, but that info is wrong.
    So, the last active topic name and writer user is good, correct. But the link on the topic name is bad.

The topic name is the first (last active) and the link is for the second active topic.

How can i fix that?

Thank You!

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • One more information: Not one, all last active topic link wrong in forums, categories.

Fuskeduske
    Participant

@fuskeren

Hi Roti,

Where do you see this error? In the forum index? Or somewhere else? Could you perhaps provide a link to your site?

-Fuske

Hy!

My forum: vizipipafan.com/forum/ (When You don’t understand the titles isn’t problem, you will see: the url is same or total another.)
    I test links and not all is wrong.

Fuskeduske
    Participant

@fuskeren

Hi RotiSoft,

Could you provide me with a description of how you’re displaying the titles?

I’ve just recently had a longer correspondence with RobW, about what i think is the same issue.

He told me as follows:

Basically a category holds the last active ID of its sub forums, and each sub forum also holds its last active ID. But deleting a sub forum topic seems to get the category last active ID wrong.

I see that he just updated he’s bbpress style pack plugin, with a hotfix for this issue,
    while he gave me the snippet of the code used for the fix, it does not work if your tweak is done if you’re using code as in this: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/freshness-link/

I don’t think Robin would mind me sharing the code snippet, as he implemented it in he’s free plugin, but as requested i would like to know how you’re displaying it.

-Fuske

Hi @fuskeren!

I don’t use bbPress style pack plugin.
    The theme use that code for call the last active topic display:
    <a rel="internal" href="<?php bbp_forum_last_reply_url(); ?>" title="Legutóbbi aktív téma: <?php bbp_forum_last_topic_title(); ?>"><?php bbp_forum_last_topic_title(); ?></a>
    and under that: (the second line, the time and user)

<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_forum_freshness_link' ); ?>
    <?php bbp_forum_freshness_link(); ?>
    <?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_forum_freshness_link' ); ?>

I’m tried add that code:

<?php
        	$forum_id  = bbp_get_forum_id( $forum_id );
    		$active_id = bbp_get_forum_last_active_id( $forum_id );
    	?>
        <?php echo bbp_get_forum_last_reply_url( $forum_id ); ?><br />
    	<?php echo bbp_get_forum_last_reply_title( $forum_id ); ?>

But that add “Comment:” or “Reply:” because that is the reply title, not the last active topic.

Fuskeduske
    Participant

@fuskeren

Hi RotiSoft,

You can change bbp_get_forum_last_reply_title to bbp_get_forum_last_topic_title, to get rid of the reply-to tag. However this will still make problems, while for example deleting or trashing a topic.

Robin gave me the following code, it should show the latest title without “reply-to” tag: http://pastebin.com/raw/jY5hSPPp

This should be used together with:

<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_forum_freshness_link' ); ?>
    <?php bbp_forum_freshness_link(); ?>
    <?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_forum_freshness_link' ); ?>

However you might need to adjust a little due to the way of your theme setup.

-Fuske

Hy!

Thank you, but it’s not solve the problem. =/

$link_url value is for one topic, $title value for another topic and now it’s mix.
    The link, on the date is good and that link titlte attr is good. But where can i find it?

My problem: bbp_get_forum_last_topic_title() is the last created topic title.
    What i need: The last active topic title.

Fuskeduske
    Participant

@fuskeren

Hi Roti,

Despite the name bbp_get_forum_last_topic_title() does display the last topic which was active.

-Fuske

So when you all right, i don’t know why display bad topic title and the last active topic info is bad in some forum. 🙁

Fuskeduske
    Participant

@fuskeren

Hi RotiSoft,

The code that i supplied in a pastebin, should hopefully solve the issue.

If not, the problem could rely in another plugin, and i may therefore ask you to disable them all, and enable them one after one. 🙂

-Fuske

I think my database is the problem.

How can i refresh the last active topics info?

Fuskeduske
    Participant

@fuskeren

Hi RotiSoft,

You can do this in Tools – Forums – Recalculate last activity in each topic and forums.

-Fuske

I used that tools 6-7 times, but it’s don’t fix. =/

Fuskeduske
    Participant

@fuskeren

Hi Rtomo,

Is it possible for you to provide a administrator of a clone of the website? For testing purposes.

-Fuske

codenameita
    Participant

@codenameita

Hi there,
    Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I’m experiencing the same kind of problem rtomo had.
    The topic showed in the freshness is wrong. And when I mean wrong, I mean that the time is correct, but the topic is not.
    This happens only in forums that have a subforum. In case of multiple subforum, the last topic of the last one is showed in the freshness. The link showed in the freshness time is incorrect too, even if the time itself is correct.
    If this is not the right place to post about my problem, I will open a new topic.

codenameita
    Participant

@codenameita

Found the problem. It is related to the bbp style plugin. I have already contacted the plugin author, hoping to solve the bug. Probably there’s something wrong in the way the plugin checks the subforum looking for the last topic/reply id.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar