Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 59,801 through 59,825 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #58139

    In reply to: bbSync

    slexaxton
    Member

    This has been scarcely tested, but I think I have a fix for my bug… weird…

    in the bb-includes/capabilities.php file there is a function at the bottom that looks like this:

    function bb_give_user_default_role( $user ) {
    if ( !( is_object($user) && is_a($user, 'BB_User') ) )
    return;
    $user->set_role('member');
    }

    I changed it to look like this:

    function bb_give_user_default_role( $user ) {
    if ( !( is_object($user) && is_a($user, 'wp_User') ) )
    return;
    $user->set_role('member');
    }

    Instead of checking to see if the bb_user existed, we wanted to check to see if the wordpress user existed, assuming we merged our user table. For some reason, this seems like a bug in the bbPress code. Shouldn’t that be a variable prefix to begin with?

    #61115
    _ck_
    Participant

    If creating a new user and assigning them as a Keymaster works, then it’s obviously a problem where the user in the existing WP/WPMU table doesn’t have the correct role set by bbpress when it installs/configures itself.

    For those that know what they are doing, you can examine the new, working admin user under phpmyadmin and compare them to the old non-working admin and see what’s different. I think roles are stored in the usermeta?

    Unfortunately I personally don’t have the time/setup to try to hunt down the exact bug with this right now, but I bet there are plenty of people on those similar threads with experience who can tell you what’s wrong.

    https://bbpress.org/forums/tags/wpmu

    https://bbpress.org/forums/tags/keymaster

    (also unfortunately this is yet another demonstration of bbpress integration weaknesses that must be fixed before it will be widely accepted by existing WP users. WP has a role editing table in the admin options, or might be a plugin, maybe that can be ported?)

    #58136

    In reply to: bbSync

    joe12south
    Member

    Thanks, Felix. Getting closer.

    Okay, I added “$bb_roles”

    – Now, I get no errors when creating an entry in WP. The topic is created in bbPress. Yay! Progress!

    – If I post a comment from WP, I get a blank page back on submit. If I go back and look at the entry, the comment is actually recorded, though. It is also present in bbPress.

    – If I post a reply from bbPress, it does not show in WP. Is this expected?

    #61128

    In reply to: WPMU + 404 error

    jazbek
    Member

    Never mind. I was over-complicating things.. it had nothing to do with WPMU. I hadn’t set the .htaccess file for bbpress up yet.

    #60617
    Lifeischoice
    Participant

    I am also interested in this type of integration where it seems you have not left the site to go from blog to forum etc….same theme for both? any help for this type of integration will be nice..

    #61114

    Just installed bbPress, and experiencing the exact same problem. Normal installation of WP 2.3 (latest version). No clue what might be wrong either.

    Making another user KeyMaster works however. So as a workaround I’ve registered a “dummy” to use for this only. Awesome.

    Edit: It turns out my “normal” account doesn’t have permission to edit tags either.

    #2506
    jazbek
    Member

    Hey all,

    Trying to get bbpress and WPMU to work together. Using a subdomain install of WPMU. I can view the front page of my bbpress install just fine, but if I click any topic, I get a 404 showing in my wordpress theme.

    Is this something I have to fix in the .htaccess?

    #61113
    richsad
    Member

    Hi _ck_, I’m an associate of livwest who posted this. I’ve tried various things. I found the user metadata. The admin account has the keymaster specification and can get to the dashboard. But it cannot add a forum. I added the magic bits to my own account directly in MySQL and became a keymaster too. I show up in the list of keymasters. But I don’t have the right to change a forum either.

    This is a wpmu and bbpress mashup. It all went fine at install. Where is the data controlling rights to add forums stored?

    #60978
    jolaedana
    Member

    I’m still listed as a keyholder, but I’m wondering if perhaps the steps in this thread might fix the issue?

    No Site Keymasters

    Thoughts before I create a new handle and give it a try? Would it hurt anything?

    #49636

    In reply to: Emoticons For bbPress?

    petitpoulain
    Member

    i see the emoticons but cant click them ;_;

    i tried making this but didnt work yet :/

    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/emoticons-for-bbpress?replies=55#post-819

    #61127
    petitpoulain
    Member

    A quick solution is changing where is “kakumei” to “mytheme” on all files.

    But hope a better solution, i tried that too and didnt work :(

    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/theme-not-found-default-theme-applied?replies=8#post-4407

    #2505
    petitpoulain
    Member

    I installed on localhost. When i first try to change the theme it works, and them i have this message “Theme not found. Default theme applied.”, and can’t change anymore.

    I looked to the link themes and they are wrong, pointing to

    <br>

    ?theme=c:arquivosdeprogramaseasyphp1-8wwwwordpressbbpress/bb-templates/kakumeia/&_wpnonce=117154f828

    how can i fix it and remove that ‘c:arquivosdeprogramaseasyphp1-8wwwwordpressbbpress’ part?????

    #61112
    _ck_
    Participant

    This might be a role assignment issue and you might have to edit the mysql tables by hand in phpmyadmin to fix it…

    added – or try this?

    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/no-site-keymasters?replies=6#post-909

    #61104
    Sam Bauers
    Participant

    Assuming you are actually talking about bbPress, the best solution I can think of is to make your cookies expire a long time in the future. Then you just need to login once for each user as long as the cookie is there. Anonymous posting doesn’t sound like a solution as you probably still want to know who owns which messages.

    To set the cookies to expire after ten years, save this to a file called “_loginExpiry.php” in my-plugins:

    <?php
    function bb_login($login, $password) {
    if ( $user = bb_check_login( $login, $password ) ) {
    bb_cookie( bb_get_option( 'usercookie' ), $user->user_login, strtotime("+10 years") );
    bb_cookie( bb_get_option( 'passcookie' ), md5( $user->user_pass ), strtotime("+10 years") );
    do_action('bb_user_login', (int) $user->ID );
    }

    return $user;
    }
    ?>

    #61107
    petitpoulain
    Member

    the right links

    http://www.chrismise.com/blog

    http://www.chrismise.com/blog/bbpress

    Now i cant login to my blog too(but i solved changing the pass thought phpmyadmin o_O)

    :( . Must have done something wrong.

    $bb->wp_table_prefix = 'wp_';  // WordPress table prefix.  Example: 'wp_';
    $bb->wp_home = 'http://www.chrismise.com/blog'; // WordPress - Options->General: Blog address (URL) // Example: 'http://example.com'
    $bb->wp_siteurl = 'http://www.chrismise.com/blog'; // WordPress - Options->General: WordPress address (URL) // Example: 'http://example.com'

    /* Stop editing */

    $bb->usercookie = 'wordpressuser_2de49fc36f5359dc455c4965686f06d3';
    $bb->passcookie = 'wordpressuser_2de49fc36f5359dc455c4965686f06d3';
    $bb->cookiedomain = 'http://www.chrismise.com';
    $bb->cookiepath = '/blog/';

    #61106
    Trent Adams
    Member

    Tell us about the install….what is your wp URL and bbPress URL? What do you have for the integration portion of your config.php?

    Trent

    #2502
    #61105
    Trent Adams
    Member

    Start off by editing config.php to see your wp installation and see if that works. It sometimes just does! Let us know if the cookies still don’t work after doing that!

    Trent

    #61101
    _ck_
    Participant

    What if someone within the company wants to pretend to be someone else and insult the manager on the forum? How would you authenticate who is who on the forum?

    In any case what you probably want is the anonymous posting ability which I think a few people have tried hacking into bbPress with various success.

    #57814
    Omegacool
    Member

    The new site to download the theme is carpinteriamx.com

    #2501
    Randy Walker
    Participant

    Hello,

    WordPress lets you install wordpress like so:

    WordPress @ http://example.com/wordpress/

    but maintain your blog at http://example.com/blog/

    Currently, I have my bbpress like so: http://example.com/wordpress/bbpress/ so that I don’t have to worry about cookie issues… but I would like the forums to be accessible at http://example.com/forums/

    How can I do this? :) Thanks

    #60616
    Trent Adams
    Member

    The first and easiest is integrating the user base so that if you are logged into one, you are created and logged into the other! What are you hoping to find out and accomplish with integration?

    Trent

    #61100
    Trent Adams
    Member

    That is so true! Thanks for pointing that out! I even wrote a blog post to remind others! Thanks _ck_!

    Trent

    #58131

    In reply to: bbSync

    fel64
    Member

    Yeah, sorry for the delay. I think I fixed stuff last night – at least my error messages are gone – so I’ll upload a new version.

    Here we go, use the download link at the very bottom to get it (or use the normal plugin page, once it’s updated).

    hrivard
    Member

    Hello,

    I need to make a special CD-version of some site that relies on bbPress (the rest is static).

    Those snapshots have to be placed onto CDs (or DVD-ROMSs or usb keys, it’s to be decided)

    so that http server and bbPress start directly off that read-only media. Web server with bbPress and DB server have to start off CD (or DVD) once CDROM is inserted into computer on Win and MacOS X. It seems that this special web server can be used for such task:

    dvd web server

    Have anybody done smth simliar with bbPress and CDROMs?

Viewing 25 results - 59,801 through 59,825 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar