Search Results for 'bbpress'
-
AuthorSearch Results
-
March 31, 2008 at 5:51 pm #63362
In reply to: bbPress 0.9 release date
March 31, 2008 at 3:32 pm #63361In reply to: bbPress 0.9 release date
lilnigsta
MemberI’m giddy, its like Christmas, only less tangible.
March 31, 2008 at 1:52 pm #63789In reply to: I can’t access install.php
chrishajer
ParticipantI can access this:
http://cialar.com/foro/bb-images/bbpress.png
Which means the files (at least that file) are there.
I can also access these and get directory listings:
http://cialar.com/foro/bb-admin/
That tells me that the index.php file in each directory is not getting processed by the web server. Looks like some sort of configuration problem with the server.
Can you put a simple file in the foro directory, call it info.php and put this into it:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>Then access that at http://www.cialar.com/foro/info.php. See what that tells you. If that is not processed by the web server, then it’s a problem with the server, not bbPress.
I don’t have a lot of experience on an IIS server, so there may be something simple I’m not familiar with that would cause this.
I am guessing PHP is not enabled here:
http://www.cialar.com/foro/ (IP: 74.208.22.70)
It is however enabled here:
http://www.foro.cialar.com/ (IP: 74.86.125.241)
Those are two completely different machines. The one where phpBB is now is a Linux/Apache machine with PHP 5.2.5. The cialar.com one if IIS.
I am pretty sure this is a configuration thing with your server, and where you have bbPress installed does not support PHP.
March 31, 2008 at 1:18 pm #3091Topic: New WordPress.org forum theme
in forum Themesnisus
MemberI really like the new theme they are using and was wondering if anyone knew if they had released it or where they got it from?
Also on a non-bbpress note, how do you turn avatars on in WP2.5? I can’t find it at all.
March 31, 2008 at 12:46 pm #63360In reply to: bbPress 0.9 release date
Sam Bauers
ParticipantRelease of bbPress 0.9 is imminent.
We need to test against the final release of WordPress 2.5 before we can release bbPress.
March 31, 2008 at 7:53 am #63384In reply to: Integrating bbPress with a custom coded site
benbeltran
MemberI’ve done this but I use the bbpress database. If you can make a relationship between the bbpress database and your user database I’m sure you can work something.
March 31, 2008 at 6:56 am #63359In reply to: bbPress 0.9 release date
felixbruin
MemberI guess, they’ve taken a long vacation
March 30, 2008 at 10:10 pm #62447In reply to: successful convert smf -> phpbb2 -> bbpress!!!!
affacat
MemberWe realized many of the members seemed to be showing up on the site as ‘inactive’, despite having a record in wp_user_meta with matching records containing:
bb_capabilities a:1:{s:6:”member”;b:1;}
I updated a single ‘inactive’ user to ‘moderator’, saved, then downgraded them back to ‘member’, saved… and everyone that was displaying as inactive started displaying correctly as member.
I do not know what type of glitch this was, or if it was a result of the conversion but am posting it here in case others converting run into the same issue.
March 30, 2008 at 4:52 pm #56776In reply to: Plugin: Avatar Upload
CoreForce
MemberHi,
I’m very pleased with the Avatar Upload, great work. Also I like the integration into bbpress a lot, it’s really straight forward.
Only one small visual glitch that I noticed is that for avatars even when resized to 100×100 max, with small (1 line) posts the avatar image will overlap into the portion of next post, rendering the next user name unreadable. The callout for the img code has been included where suggested by the docs. Anyone else did recognize this as a problem?
I’m using version 0.8.3 of the plugin (avatar-upload.0.8.3.zip).
Thanks.
March 30, 2008 at 2:59 pm #63781In reply to: Allow Images Plugin doesn’t work
chrishajer
ParticipantYou need a plugin to post images because bbpress out of the box is very lightweight. Many forums don’t want or need images, so that functionality comes in the form of a plugin. For example, the largest bbPress installation ( https://wordpress.org/support/ ) doesn’t allow images.
If you post a link to your forum and possibly a little better description of what you are doing, what happens, and what you expected to happen, maybe someone can help you.
March 30, 2008 at 1:58 pm #63358In reply to: bbPress 0.9 release date
lostdeviant
MemberWP 2.5 was released yesterday morning, so where is bbpress?
March 30, 2008 at 12:19 pm #63773In reply to: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
Sam Bauers
ParticipantbbPress 0.9 is imminent.
We will do some final testing against the final release of WordPress 2.5 first though.
March 30, 2008 at 10:02 am #63772In reply to: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
pad
MemberDisappointingly that build does not feature a redesigned admin – is this not in the pipeline? It would be nice if it matched the new WP style!
Any update on a release date for 0.9?
March 30, 2008 at 7:10 am #3088Topic: Allow Images Plugin doesn’t work
in forum Pluginsbiodrama
MemberThis is really too much. Why can’t I post images in bbPress? I am about ready to give up and go back to pphpBB, even though I don’t like it. Instructions said to upload plugin to my-plugins directory, which doesn’t exist. I created it, but it didn’t work anyway, backticks or no backticks. Why should we need a plugin just to post an image?
March 30, 2008 at 1:50 am #63168In reply to: No Rights to create Forum as Key Master
affacat
MemberAfter upgrading to WP 2.5 and to bbPress – branches_0.8-r1381
I still have this rights/permission issue. Can’t add more than one tag, etc.
Will wait for official .9 release and post an update. This is frustrating.
March 30, 2008 at 1:24 am #63748In reply to: how many plugins do you use?
sealedsun
MemberEight so far. But the forum is far from complete.

I would much rather have stuff like “Unread Posts” and a post preview integrated into the bbPress core than having to hunt down each and every piece of functionality my users expect from a forum.
March 30, 2008 at 12:19 am #63771In reply to: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
_ck_
ParticipantWell that was a sneaky WordPress release.
They usually seem to wait for Mondays.
If you don’t want to wait for the formal official release of bbPress 0.9 , this is technically 0.9 beta (or release candidate) directly from the trac/svn:
https://trac.bbpress.org/changeset/1381/branches/0.8?old_path=%2F&format=zip
You’ll need it to match the new password method in WordPress 2.5
There are a TON of subtle (and not so subtle) bug fixes in bbPress 0.9 – Sam and MDA have been hard at work.
March 29, 2008 at 10:10 pm #63770In reply to: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
jom
MemberI think WordPress.org already had Gravatar support for quite a long time, but I’m also interested, if they do run 0.9 by now?
March 29, 2008 at 9:38 pm #63769In reply to: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
felixbruin
MemberSome thing like this !?
March 29, 2008 at 9:33 pm #63768In reply to: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
bryan868
MemberJust a shot in the dark, but I’m guessing the new WordPress.org is using an updated version of bbPress. Looks new-ish! (has gravatar support, etc)
March 29, 2008 at 9:29 pm #63767In reply to: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
felixbruin
MemberThey’ve a bit slow with releasing the new 0.9 version
March 29, 2008 at 7:11 pm #63766In reply to: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
mun33b
Member^ I suppose you’re right in a way but certainly more feature should be allowed for it. I’m just praying to god someone finds a way to get rid of the password in an e-mail thingy. Lets hope it is released soon…
March 29, 2008 at 6:25 pm #63765In reply to: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
Munnday
MemberI am sure the team with have bbPress out very shortly – afterall WP2.5 was only just released.
@MUN33B: As far as I can tell from the nightly build I have been using, the sending password to email is still the default setting for bbPress (as it is with WordPress). In terms of comparing it to MyBB (which is a great bit of software – the team should be proud) it’s a bit hard – bbPress is intended to be a lightweight forum solution, minimal on features but highly customisable – where at software like MyBB tends to have all the features built in.
Well that’s my 2 cents anyway
March 29, 2008 at 4:40 pm #63764In reply to: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
mun33b
MemberI’m upgrading as we speak. I hope 0.9 comes out soon aswell. I hope they’ve improved Admin CP and features. And hopefully got rid of the whole send password in an e-mail thingy because that is one of the reasons I moved away from bbPress. MyBB 1.4 is in Public BETA and it is 10x better then bbPress. Hopefully 0.l9 will have major improvements.
March 29, 2008 at 3:23 pm #3084Topic: WordPress 2.5 is live… now for bbPress 0.9?
in forum Installationpad
Member2.5 is finally live. So will we be seeing bbPress 0.9 now too?
Let’s hope so!
-
AuthorSearch Results