Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'

Viewing 25 results - 10,026 through 10,050 (of 26,984 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #144325
    EWilliamsAU
    Participant

    I am so very lost, frustrated and feeling like a failure at this point.

    I have tried my hardest all week to understand BuddyPress/bbPress and have dumped way over 60 hours (very late nights and early mornings) into trying to set this up and I have come up short handed with absolutely nothing to show for the time I’ve put into this.

    Today alone I have failed and retried 6 times. I have completely deleted sites, created newer ones, emptied the Trash, cleared caches and all of the above with no luck whatsoever.

    Could somebody….just anybody please help me out here? I am beyond lost and confused.

    I have been trying to achieve this with absolutely no results whatsoever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8mh3f6Vzbo

    I use the Social Buddy theme: http://themeforest.net/item/social-buddy-wordpress-buddypress-theme/3691122

    The site is project.arclightcomics.com

    I haven’t a clue what I am doing wrong and after 6 tries I am starting to think this was a ginormous mistake on my end and I really don’t want to think that.

    #144290
    Matoca
    Participant

    I run my bbPress forum so that users do not need to register. Moderators log in to post and are the only required registered users. So far Akismet has been fabulous catching spam.

    Today Akismet marked a legitimate reply as spam and I quickly unchecked that so it would post properly. No problem there.

    Later, a spam reply was missed by Akismet because it appears to have relatively normal text. But I recognized the text to be spam and the username confirmed that. I added the IP to a blacklist and checked it as spam. No problem there.

    The problem I have is that the topic the reply was posted under is now appearing at the top of the topic order in the forum indicating that I have just posted a reply recently. The spam is removed so the last date of a reply would have been mine, in December.

    Is there anyway to get this topic to appear where it should on the forum page, well below more recent topics?
    Thank you, Matoca

    WordPress 3.8.1
    bbPress 2.5.3-5249
    http://www.secondchanceaihadogs.com/forums/forum/aiha-dog/

    #144279
    adressler
    Participant

    That sounds like the way to do it. I’m rather new to WordPress but I have a decent knowledge of PHP / MySQL. If it’s not too much of a pain, I’d really appreciate looking at some code to use as a starting point.

    #144262

    In reply to: Shotcodes not working

    Robin W
    Moderator

    what shortcodes?
    what software versions of bbpress, buddypress and wordpress are you running?
    what theme?
    what plugins are you running?
    url of your site?
    when do you get 404 – logged in, not logged in?

    etc.

    We would love to help you, but give us a fighting chance of working out what is wrong by giving us some details 🙂

    Come back and we’ll do our best to hep you !

    #144259
    Robin W
    Moderator

    this just posted in wordpress

    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-edit-own-post-with-bbpress?replies=1

    is that the same website?

    #144255
    jslom
    Participant

    No problem @netweb & @maveas. I dealt with the same issue and it was driving me nuts. I submitted a ticket for it about a week ago to Nextgen gallery, and they are currently working on a fix. I am not sure when the next beta or fixed version will be released, but if you need it running use version 2.0.40. This was the last version that didn’t cause the redirection issues.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/nextgen-gallery/download/

    The easy way I did it was by first FTP into your site, and rename the current /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery folder to nextgen-gallery-latest

    Then download the 2.0.40 package from above and upload the nextgen-gallery folder to your plugins folder. Activate is as you would any other plugin, and disable the current one. They will have different version numbers. Don’t update the 2.0.40 version. Once you see an update for the latest version, or a change log that shows it fixed, you can reverse the steps above and not lose any settings.

    #144254
    stevpetersonn
    Participant

    Might be your sql database get bigger and it might taking long. You need good hosting or optimize you database or check some other techniques from here http://hqtips.com/how-to-speed-up-wordpress-site-344/

    #144247
    Robin W
    Moderator

    I imported from an access database (ditto conversion to sql) so know what you’re going through! see https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/documented-import-from-snitz-access-database/ for a blow by blow of how I did this and presume you’re already well into using custom importer https://codex.bbpress.org/import-forums/custom-import/

    Now given that you’re going to re-register users, then we only need the topics to be assigned to a user which exists, which then when they re-register you can set up properly.

    So for instance if you have a topic with the author name of “fred” – then you need a user fred to exist. This needs to be at ID level.

    So in essence you’ll need to import

    topic with author ID
    User with same ID

    Minimum info to create a user is (in theory – it may be less) ID, username, email and password.

    In my case they mapped from a snitz access forum (via sql) as follows

    MEMBER_ID _bbp_user_id
    M_NAME user_login
    M_PASSWORD _bbp_password
    M_EMAIL user_email

    So I would go about it this way.

    What we need to end up with is a topics/replies table that has a author ID (number) against each topic/reply.
    In a user table, we then need that same ID, together with name, password and email.

    So first I’d go back to my lotus notes and see if topics has an author ID. If not we’ll need to create one (we’ll do that in a minute).

    Then from the topics and replies lists create a set of autor names and (if it has them) ID’s

    Create a user table (in my case in excel, but presume you’re familiar with creating in lotus notes) with the following headings

    ID NAME PASSWORD EMAIL

    If your topics/replies doesn’t have user ID’s then you just need to populate this table with unique ones, I’m pretty sure that you can just start with 1 and increment them – wordpress will assign new ID numbers as they come across starting with the next number that wordpress is not using.

    For password, just put anything – and they can all be the same

    Emails must be unique in theory, but don’t need to exist so abc@def.com is fine (you’ll be fixing these as they register, so doesn’t matter). But as you’re importing directly into the database, I reckon you could get away with them all being a single fictitious one. But if you have the skills, I’d create them as increments eg abc1@def.com, abc2@def.com just in case

    so now you have a user table to import.

    If you topics and replies don’t have author ID’s, then now go back to the topics and replies tables and run macro to populate a new column using name against the user table you’ve just created to populate with id.

    Now we have topics with ID’s an da user table to import. Just check that column names match the importer, convert it all to sql, and off you go !

    #144243

    In reply to: Descending sort

    SandyRig
    Participant

    Here this plugin does exactly what you all looking for
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-sort-topic-replies/

    #144217
    Robin W
    Moderator

    “I asked on another forum and had no luck.”

    If this wasn’t

    Support Forums

    then post it there, you’ll more likely get someone who knows

    #144214
    Robin W
    Moderator

    it means that someone has gained access to your site, and put some code into it.

    You really need to go through all of these to fully clean up the site and make sure any “backdoors” have been closed:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/268083#post-1065779

    How To Completely Clean Your Hacked WordPress Installation


    http://ottopress.com/2009/hacked-wordpress-backdoors/
    Additional Resources:
    http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/scanner/
    http://www.unmaskparasites.com/
    http://blog.sucuri.net/2012/03/wordpress-understanding-its-true-vulnerability.html

    or you can pay securi to fix it for you – see the link above !

    #144205
    savalina
    Participant

    @eduardosilva Thanks for the link. It worked for me too. This should be officially be added to bbPress plugin list, or someone should create an official plugin for this. It’s very useful when you have a support forum and need some automation when it comes to topic closing (and also don’t know any php to create it from scratch 🙂 ).

    I’m using bbPress 2.5.3 on WordPress 3.8.1

    #144199
    jgrmstr
    Participant

    Hi,

    I’ve set up a bbPress forum on my WordPress installation. Thanks to Jetpack “widget visibility” feature, I’ve put the bbPress Login Widget on the Forum and Topic page types.

    But I found no answer on how to display the Login Widget on the forum root. It’s kind of confusing for users who land on the forum root and can not see any registration link…

    #144190

    In reply to: Bar users

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Yes, bbPress uses the same system as WordPress, how to do that is explained here:

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Combating_Comment_Spam#Default_Comment_Spam_Tools

    You can and should also enable and use the Akismet plugin.

    #144186
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    It isn’t quite possible yet, comments are disabled by bbPress for bbPress pages.

    That said, we are working on a ‘feature’ that will enable comments for parts of bbPress.

    So it is possible, just a fair amount of work would be needed to integrate the comments in way you mention above.

    Rather than post a comment though why not post a reply instead?

    bbPress’ forums, topics and replies are WordPress custom post types so have a pretty good base to work with just like any WordPress custom post type.

    #144162
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Sorry for the delay but it ‘should’ have finished easily under 36 hours.

    The conversion is still running and outputting dashes

    This is one of the hardest things for us to add debug/error info and can happen for numerous reasons such as:

    As stated previously things will stop if your PC goes to sleep, other reasons can also be that a timeout occurs in that you are no longer logged into WordPress and would have to login again.

    To get around that open a new tab to your WordPress dashboard and refresh that page every hour or when you next walk past 😉

    If the import is stuck in a particular stage for an extended period simply click stop and click start again and it resumes from where it left off.

    #144161
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    This is NOT a database issue, WordPress and bbPress use the same database.

    This is a theme issue, visit the website of your theme and see if they have some tips on setting their theme up with bbPress.

    #144159
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Try creating a new user and giving them the WordPress ‘Administrator’ role and bbPress role ‘keymaster’ log out and log in with this new user and see what happens.

    #144153
    lachchuu
    Participant

    Hello Stephen,
    I have installed bbpress forums on my website and it was working fine. Recently I made updates to a wordpress flip book plugin and also activated the Yoast SEO plugin. Not sure if they are related, but now I’m unable to create a new forum.
    In the admin panel, I click on New forum, enter the title and some text and click Publish (Note: Type, status, and visibility are already populated). When I click ‘Publish’ nothing happens. The forum is not created.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    #144152
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Can you create a ticket on Trac for this and we can take a closer look:
    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/

    Add as much detail as you can including reproduction steps so that we can recreate the issue.

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    -”Recalculate the parent topic for each post” did nothing

    The 3rd bit of code ‘Reply parent topic id (If no parent, then 0)’ will fix that.

    -”Recalculate the parent forum for each post” set all of the Topics in Admin panel to “(No Forum)”, where before that was the only text that was actually displaying properly.

    The last piece of code I posted above ‘Topic parent forum id’ will fix that.

    It just seems strange that before I tried the tools it was properly mapping topics.forum_id to forums.forum_id to retrieve the forum title that was displayed in the Admin Topics page, and only on the Admin Topics page.

    bbPress stores all sorts of extra ‘meta data’ in WordPress’ wp_postmeta table relating to each of bbPress’ custom post types. Essentially without the additions of the above bbPress only knows a partial set of the data it needs and as such when the repair tools are run it tries to repair all this data but if some key aspects of the data is missing, in this case post_parent it will end up with the results you are now seeing in the dashboard where each topic is not associated with a forum and each reply is not associated with a topic.

    Clear as mud, hey? 😉 I’ve been here many times and am right now writing a BuddyPress importer update and am currently here again 😉

    When I view the public Topic page, the forum is excluded in the breadcrumb.

    #144146
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    The WordPress plugin page for bbPress redirects to this bbpress.org site.

    Just post your questions here on this site and search for questions from other users to see if someone else has experienced the same issue.

    So what is your question?

    #144143
    lachchuu
    Participant

    This is unrelated but seriously, how do I open a support ticket for bbpress forum plugin? I’ve gone to the core wordpress site and this site doesn’t give me an option to start a thread.

    Please help.

    #144137

    In reply to: theme – front end

    Robin W
    Moderator

    for admin see

    http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-disable-wordpress-admin-bar-for-all-users-except-administrators/

    toolbar is a wordpress level function, not bbpress so it depends on what wordpress level you have your moderators set to.

    adressler
    Participant

    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting, and I really dig BBPress so far.

    I’m running WP v3.8.1 with BBPress 2.5.3. I’ve encountered a problem when converting a custom MYSQL database into BBPress. I have successfully exported a Lotus Notes / Domino DB (yes, it still exists…) into a simple MySQL DB containing just 3 tables.

    After a “successful” conversion (of over 35K forums, topics and replies) into BBPress, I can see all of the Forums, Topics, and Replies listed in the BBPress Admin panel. However, there seems to be issues with the Foreign Keys being imported/linked, even though I have double and triple checked the forum_id, topic_id values for the Topics->Forums and Replies->Topics relationships within the Example.php converter included with BBPress. All data has been properly formatted into WordPress friendly values (dates, slugs, etc..) before importing into MySQL.

    In the admin panel, under Forums, it lists all forums in their hierarchical order, as expected. It also lists the topic and reply counts, date, and creator next to each parent / child forum. However, under “Freshness” is says “No Topics”. The Topics Admin page is even more intriguing; it lists all of the Topic Titles, the Forum title which that topic is assigned to (!), reply count, author, creation date, and freshness. Browsing to the Replies Admin page lists all reply titles, author, and creation date, however under Forum it says “No Forum” and under Topic it says “No Topic”.

    When you browse to the forums (mysite.local/forums/forum/the-forum), the forum title and child-forums are displayed, along with topic and reply counts for each child. However, under “Freshness”, it says “No Topics”. When I browse to a child forum, it lists the topic and reply counts, however it says “No Topics were found”.

    When I browse to a topic (mysite.local/forums/topic/the-topic), I see the date, title, content, and reply count. However, there are no replies listed.

    When I browse to a reply (by clicking “View” under the reply listed in the Admin Replies page), it directs me to http://mysite.dev/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=reply/#post-######, saying “Invalid Post Type”.

    I figured this would be rather straightforward, since I am not importing Users or Tags. Eventually I would like all authors to be “Archived Author”, should I try to tackle this now or after a fully successful import?

    I can supply screen shots, converter output (which really says nothing unexpected), or the full source code for the converter if needed. I’ve included my table structure and simplified converter code for reference.

    I hope that someone with a bit more experience converting forums for BBPress will be able to shed some light on this, my forehead is really starting to hurt from banging my head against the wall. It seems there is very limited information out there on this converter. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

    My tables to import/convert are laid out as follows:

    forums table {
      forum_id  PRIMARY KEY INT(11)
      title
      slug
      parent_id (Self referencing FK)
      last_mod (DATETIME)
      num_topics
      num_replies
    }
    topics table {
      topic_id PRIMARY KEY INT(11)
      parent_id FK (set to 0 for no parent)
      forum_id FK (matches corresponding <code>forums</code>.forum_id)
      subject (title)
      slug (slug of title)
      body (the post content)
      from
      date
      date_gmt
      num_replies
    }
    replies table {
      reply_id PRIMARY KEY INT(11)
      topic_id FK INT(11) (matches corresponding <code>topics</code>.topic_id)
      forum_id FK INT (11) (matches corresponding <code>forums</code>.forum_id)
      date
      date_gmt
      subject
      body
    }

    And now, here’s the converter I’m using (starting at the Forum section Line#26 of /plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converters/Example.php). I’ve removed commented lines for brevity.

    
    /** Forum Section *****************************************************/
    
    		// Setup table joins for the forum section at the base of this section
    
    		 // Forum id (Stored in postmeta)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			 'from_tablename'  => 'forums',
    			 'from_fieldname'  => 'forum_id',
    			 'to_type'         => 'forum',
    			 'to_fieldname'    => '_bbp_forum_id'
    		);
    
    		// Forum parent id (If no parent, then 0. Stored in postmeta)
     		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'forums',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'parent_id',
    			'to_type'         => 'forum',
    			'to_fieldname'    => '_bbp_forum_parent_id'
    		 );
    
     		// Forum topic count (Stored in postmeta)
     		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			 'from_tablename' => 'forums',
    			'from_fieldname' => 'num_topics',
    			'to_type'        => 'forum',
    			'to_fieldname'   => '_bbp_topic_count'
    		 );
    
    		 // Forum reply count (Stored in postmeta)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename' => 'forums',
     			'from_fieldname' => 'num_replies',
     			'to_type'        => 'forum',
    			'to_fieldname'   => '_bbp_reply_count'
    		 );
    
     		// Forum total topic count (Stored in postmeta)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			' from_tablename' => 'forums',
    			'from_fieldname' => 'num_topics',
    			'to_type'        => 'forum',
    			'to_fieldname'   => '_bbp_total_topic_count'
    		 );
    
    		 // Forum total reply count (Stored in postmeta)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			 'from_tablename' => 'forums',
    			 'from_fieldname' => 'num_replies',
    			 'to_type'        => 'forum',
    			 'to_fieldname'   => '_bbp_total_reply_count'
    		 );
    
    		 // Forum title.
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'forums',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'title',
    			'to_type'         => 'forum',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_title'
    		 );
    
    		 // Forum slug (Clean name to avoid confilcts)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'forums',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'slug',
    			'to_type'         => 'forum',
     			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_name'
     		);
    		
    		 // Forum dates.
    		 $this->field_map[] = array(
    			 'to_type'         => 'forum',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_date',
    			 'default' => date('Y-m-d H:i:s')
     		);
    		 $this->field_map[] = array(
    			 'to_type'         => 'forum',
    			 'to_fieldname'    => 'post_date_gmt',
    			 'default' => date('Y-m-d H:i:s')
    		 );
    		 $this->field_map[] = array(
    			 'to_type'         => 'forum',
    			 'to_fieldname'    => 'post_modified',
    			 'default' => date('Y-m-d H:i:s')
     		);
    		 $this->field_map[] = array(
    			'to_type'         => 'forum',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_modified_gmt',
    			'default' => date('Y-m-d H:i:s')
    		);
    
    		
    /** Topic Section *****************************************************/
    
    		// Setup table joins for the topic section at the base of this section
    
    		// Topic id (Stored in postmeta)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'topic_id',
    			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => '_bbp_topic_id'
    		);
    
    		// Topic reply count (Stored in postmeta)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'num_replies',
    			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => '_bbp_reply_count'
    		);
    
    		// Topic total reply count (Stored in postmeta)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'num_replies',
    			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => '_bbp_total_reply_count'
    		);
    
    		// Topic parent forum id (If no parent, then 0. Stored in postmeta)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'forum_id',
    			 'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			 'to_fieldname'    => '_bbp_forum_id'
    		);
    
     		// Topic content.
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'body',
    			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_content'
    		);
    
    		// Topic title.
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
     			'from_fieldname'  => 'subject',
     			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_title'
    		);
    
    		// Topic slug (Clean name to avoid conflicts)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'slug',
    			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_name'
    		);
    		// Topic dates.
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'date',
    			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_date'
    		);
    
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'date_gmt',
    			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_date_gmt'
    		);
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'date',
    			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_modified'
    		);
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'date_gmt',
    			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_modified_gmt'
    		);
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'topics',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'date',
    			'to_type'         => 'topic',
    			'to_fieldname'    => '_bbp_last_active_time'
    		);

    And skipping to the Replies section (Tags and Users are not converted)

    	/** Reply Section *****************************************************/
    
    		// Setup table joins for the reply section at the base of this section
    
    		// Reply id (Stored in postmeta)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'replies',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'reply_id',
    			'to_type'         => 'reply',
    			'to_fieldname'    => '_bbp_post_id'
    		);
    		// Reply parent topic id (If no parent, then 0. Stored in postmeta)
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'replies',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'topic_id',
    			'to_type'         => 'reply',
    			'to_fieldname'    => '_bbp_topic_id'
    		);
    		// Reply title.
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'replies',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'subject',
    			'to_type'         => 'reply',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_title'
    		);
    		// Reply content.
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'replies',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'body',
    			'to_type'         => 'reply',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_content'
    		);
    		// Reply dates.
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'replies',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'date',
    			'to_type'         => 'reply',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_date'
    		);
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'replies',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'date',
    			'to_type'         => 'reply',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_date_gmt'
    		);
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'replies',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'date',
    			'to_type'         => 'reply',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_modified'
    		);
    		$this->field_map[] = array(
    			'from_tablename'  => 'replies',
    			'from_fieldname'  => 'date',
    			'to_type'         => 'reply',
    			'to_fieldname'    => 'post_modified_gmt'
    		);
Viewing 25 results - 10,026 through 10,050 (of 26,984 total)
Skip to toolbar