Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Redirects to forum from group home (BuddyPress)

• I’m currently getting some weird redirect from one specific group’s home to the group’s forum. Ie. domain.com/groups/specificgroup/ redirects to domain.com/groups/specificgroup/forum

I have a total of 9 groups and it is only ONE (newest) group doing this. If I deactivate bbPress I am able to access the group’s home. If I create new groups with forums I get the redirect too.

bbPress 2.5.3
    BuddyPress 1.9.2
    WP 3.8.1

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Can you create a ticket on Trac for this and we can take a closer look:
    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/

Add as much detail as you can including reproduction steps so that we can recreate the issue.

jslom
    Participant

@jslom

Check other plugins. I had some redirect issues with the latest Nextgen Gallery plugin. They are working on a fix, if that is the cause for you also..

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Thanks @jslom, it probably is worth checking if a plugin is causing this 🙂

Thanks @jslom – I can confirm that NGG is causing the redirect problems for me too.

jslom
    Participant

@jslom

No problem @netweb & @maveas. I dealt with the same issue and it was driving me nuts. I submitted a ticket for it about a week ago to Nextgen gallery, and they are currently working on a fix. I am not sure when the next beta or fixed version will be released, but if you need it running use version 2.0.40. This was the last version that didn’t cause the redirection issues.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/nextgen-gallery/download/

The easy way I did it was by first FTP into your site, and rename the current /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery folder to nextgen-gallery-latest

Then download the 2.0.40 package from above and upload the nextgen-gallery folder to your plugins folder. Activate is as you would any other plugin, and disable the current one. They will have different version numbers. Don’t update the 2.0.40 version. Once you see an update for the latest version, or a change log that shows it fixed, you can reverse the steps above and not lose any settings.

tunjica
    Participant

@tunjica

I too can confirm this problem with Nextgen Gallery causing groups to redirect.

janiceandcompany
    Participant

@janiceandcompany

Any news on this fix? Seems like 2 months ago this conversation was going on and it should be fixed by now.

janiceandcompany
    Participant

@janiceandcompany

So still no news on this?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar