Categories
Search
Bottom

Comment template not appearing in the forums page

• sowmya
    Participant

@sowmya002gmailcom

Hi,

I added the link <?php comments_template( ”, true ); ?> to the bbpress.php file. Then activated comments and discussions from the forums page in bbpress. Still I am unable to see comment form in bbpress page. Can you please suggest.

Thanks!
    Sowmya

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I don’t know the answer, but am intrigued as to why you would want comments on say a forum index?

sowmya
    Participant

@sowmya002gmailcom

Hi Robin,

In fact we were trying to figure out if it is possible to post in the bbpress forums via social media accounts.

ie Integrate the bbpress comment form (the place where we reply to the topics or create the topics) with social media, so that if I am logged into my google account, I can post in the topic through my google account using the same comment used by bbpress and this will get shared automatically in my google plus account as well.

This is different from social login which can be achieve with various plugins. Using the plugins for social logins we login with social media accounts and post but it does not automatically get shared on our social media wall.

I am not sure whether it is possible now. But if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!
    Sowmya

It isn’t quite possible yet, comments are disabled by bbPress for bbPress pages.

That said, we are working on a ‘feature’ that will enable comments for parts of bbPress.

So it is possible, just a fair amount of work would be needed to integrate the comments in way you mention above.

Rather than post a comment though why not post a reply instead?

bbPress’ forums, topics and replies are WordPress custom post types so have a pretty good base to work with just like any WordPress custom post type.

sowmya
    Participant

@sowmya002gmailcom

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply!

In fact we do not want the WP comment form to appear, but it was just a trial to see if we can do something with the social media postings.

If we leave that part, I mean WP comment form on bbpress page is not required.

But if I need the bbpress topics and replies as such to be posted by using social media accounts and shared on social media walls as well, what method do you suggest. Does bbpress provide support in this regard.

Thanks!
    Sowmya

sowmya
    Participant

@sowmya002gmailcom

Hi,

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Sowmya

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Basically take your original idea of using comments though substitute part of that idea with replies (or topics if you wanted new topics).

bbPress has ‘mirror’ functions of WordPress for most things, if you could programmatically do ‘xyz’ with a comment in WordPress you can do the same ‘xyz’ function with a topic or reply in bbPress.

Thats the easy bit by saying that, so either start reading our codex on what these functions are or look to hire a programmer who can do that for you. https://codex.bbpress.org/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar