Categories
Search
Bottom

Lock old/inactive topics

• eduardosilva
    Participant

@eduardosilva

Greetings,

I’m looking for a way to lock or prevent answers on older topics (more than 90 days for example).
    Is there a way to “autolock” or disable reply to older posts?

I did found this addon: https://github.com/thethemefoundry/BBPress-Close-Old-Posts/blob/master/bbpress-close-old-posts.php

But since it’s not listed at bbpress.org plugins list, I’m not sure if it’s safe or even compatible with my current install.

btw, searching for “lock” at bbpress.org plugins, at the bottom of the page you will see: ”
    Viewing 1 to 4 (4 total)” but there are only 3 plugins listed.

Thank you!!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • That plugin looks fine to use with bbPress 2.x, you just need to download either the bbpress-close-old-posts.php file and upload it to your plugins folder, or download the .zip, extract to a folder and upload that folder to your plugins folder.

But since it’s not listed at bbpress.org plugins list, I’m not sure if it’s safe or even compatible with my current install.

You will at times find many themes and plugins that are not hosted on WordPress.org, sometimes they are proprietary code, other times they are just quick snippets of code, it doesn’t mean they are unsafe and usually a quick note to the author will confirm if they work with the latest version of bbPress.

btw, searching for “lock” at bbpress.org plugins, at the bottom of the page you will see: ”Viewing 1 to 4 (4 total)” but there are only 3 plugins listed.”

Thanks, this is a known issue and will hopefully be fixed soon.

eduardosilva
    Participant

@eduardosilva

Hello Stephen, thank you for your feedback.

I just installed this addon and it started to lock older topics.

Thank you!! 🙂

savalina
    Participant

@savalina

@eduardosilva Thanks for the link. It worked for me too. This should be officially be added to bbPress plugin list, or someone should create an official plugin for this. It’s very useful when you have a support forum and need some automation when it comes to topic closing (and also don’t know any php to create it from scratch 🙂 ).

I’m using bbPress 2.5.3 on WordPress 3.8.1

convictedvapour
    Participant

@chronicbubble

Thanks it’s perfect!

Robkk

@robkk

Here is a fork of that plugin mentioned above for anyone not comfortable editing files.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-auto-close-topics/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar