Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'
-
AuthorSearch Results
-
June 3, 2014 at 7:08 pm #147379
In reply to: Multi Assign/ Edit Forum Parents
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterYou got caught by the Akismet spam filter π
Anyways to answer your question, no, at this stage this cannot be done.
We have a few areas in bbPress we would like to be able to add ‘Bulk Edit’ to in the backend but we need some enhancements to WordPress be implemented upstream first.
June 3, 2014 at 5:11 pm #147367In reply to: Moderators Disappearing
JosiahW
ParticipantIt is a new multisite. We do not have any role editing software installed at this time. Here is the list of all plugins/theme we are using:
Theme
InspireBook by rtCampPlugins
bbPress
BuddyPress
rtMedia Pro
rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress
WooDojoJune 3, 2014 at 12:32 pm #147352In reply to: How to remove the freshness Link
Robin W
ModeratorTry
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bbp-private-groups
This has lots of options, including changing the freshness link so that it does not give a back door
June 3, 2014 at 6:42 am #147341In reply to: Show pagination in single topic
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterOK, I am with you now and by the way there is no such thing as a stupid question π
You should see a ‘reply’ link but when I look at your forum you are using WordPress 3.5.1, Twenty Eleven theme, a Twenty Eleven bbPress child theme and bbPress v 2.3.2. You also have other plugins modifying/extending the Twenty Eleven theme.
Why are you using old versions? Many of these modifications will be the primary cause of your issues and upgrading all of these and even a newer theme would fix most of your issues.
That is the first thing I would do, update to WordPress 3.9.1 and bbPress 2.5.3
June 3, 2014 at 3:38 am #147332Stephen Edgar
KeymasterHa! Lets not hijack this topic any further, I updated my stance (or lack of) here π
June 3, 2014 at 2:55 am #147323Stephen Edgar
KeymasterOh! Hehehe π Always more than one way to do things in WordPress π
June 3, 2014 at 2:53 am #147322Stephen Edgar
KeymasterThere is actually a patch to add this permanently to bbPress 2.6
https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2570
Do you think this is a good idea?
Should it be an active hyperlink or plain text? (I just realised my patch is only plain text)
Anyway, for now here is the patch as a plugin https://gist.github.com/ntwb/a19b187f2170235f16bf
(The extra HTML markup should match it to the existing profile fields for most themes)Note: If this is shipped with bbPress 2.6 you will then see two profile fields π
June 3, 2014 at 2:11 am #147320mrlamzz
ParticipantHello,
Here’s the solution for this issue:
Link: http://www.dailysdigest.com/wordpress/fix-sufficient-permissions-access-page-error-wordpress/The 3rd Solution worked for me based on my experience. Cheers!
June 2, 2014 at 8:55 pm #147313In reply to: Using shortcode has created 2 forums
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterbbPress doesn’t actually create any WordPress pages.
You should be able to create a page titled ‘forums’ add the shortcode and bbPress will use that page.
If you can only create a page with the slug
forums-2then there is another page using theforumsslug or is in the trash.June 2, 2014 at 8:26 pm #147308In reply to: Send email
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterbbPress does not include a ‘Email Setting’ field.
Most likely https://wordpress.org/support/ is what you need or the support forum for the plugin you are using.
June 2, 2014 at 3:07 pm #147300In reply to: Give bbPress full editor by default?
John James Jacoby
KeymasterPasting HTML and metadata is a WordPress/TinyMCE issue, and not really a bbPress bug to solve. There are WordPress plugins to disable HTML pasting, and we do support them, and we could go as far as including this in core as a helper for people that do turn TinyMCE on.
June 2, 2014 at 2:03 pm #147298yoosuke
ParticipantI’m here again!
It’s great I have a place to come back!Now, I’m looking for advice on How to show “Website” part at User Profile page.
By default, 4 sections are displayed on User Profile page.1.user-description, 2.forum-role, 3.topic-count, 4.reply-count
In edit page, There is a section for entering users “Website”.
in spite of entering the section, it would not be display at User’s Profile page.
How can I display it at the User’s Profile page.I found that I need to add some PHPcodes into “user-profile.php”.
But as you know, I have no idea What codes I have to put in.would you please advice me…
WordPress: ver3.9.1
bbPress: ver2.5.3June 2, 2014 at 1:14 pm #147296In reply to: Results of the 2014 bbPress Survey
@mercime
Moderator@eherman24 thank you for your input.
@cronhound thanks for your feedback.
@gautamgupta Thank you π Congratulations on being accepted again to the Google Summer of Code and choosing to contribute to bbPress development again! Cheers!
June 2, 2014 at 7:29 am #147288In reply to: Importing from Vanilla
James Doglasse
ParticipantWas just coming back to say i fixed it, left out the”_” but Stephen has already caught it.
But now? A new problem.
WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘l” WHERE ID = “96386”‘ at line 1]
UPDATE wp_users SET user_pass = “xxxxxxx”l” WHERE ID = “96386”Any ideas?
June 2, 2014 at 6:41 am #147286In reply to: Give bbPress full editor by default?
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterHmmmm, this is not going to be quick nor easy to solve at this stage. There are quite few updates for pasting from Word and Excel slated for WordPress 3.9.2 but I haven’t tested any of them for bbPress, I’ll take a look in the next few days.
June 2, 2014 at 4:09 am #147277Stephen Edgar
KeymasterJune 2, 2014 at 3:59 am #147275In reply to: Comments not appearing immediately
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterIt depends how you are replacing the WordPress comments with bbPress replies, if your using a plugin for this then I would look to the plugin being an issue and go to that plugins support forums to find any known issues.
If you are doing this manually using bbPress then per your original post here:
For the past two weeks or so Iβve had a problem in the forums on my site where members comments no longer appear immediately. It can take a while for them to appear. Iβm not sure how long, but several minutes.
This could be a performance issue, I would start by running some tests on a test post, add a reply and time how long it takes to appear in your sites backend as you state that the ‘do appear’, just not immediately, try using the Twenty Fourteen theme and disable all your other plugins except bbPress and time how long it takes now.
You might find your theme and plugins and using all the resources available in your web hosting plan, if this is the case contact your host to see what options or suggestions they may have for you.
June 2, 2014 at 3:37 am #147273In reply to: Comments not appearing immediately
dice2dice
ParticipantMember of my website can only comment via BBPress. I’ve switched off WordPress comments because that would be confusing.
I haven’t been able to find evidence of anyone else experiencing the same thing on the BBPress forums and I’ve searched BuddyPress too so I’m looking to identify potential culprits. Plugins have got to be up there!
June 1, 2014 at 7:09 pm #147261In reply to: Comments not appearing immediately
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterYou need to be clearer here on describing your issue:
If it is WordPress comments ask on WordPress Support
If it is bbPress replies then you are in the right place.
In either case, check if they are being caught by Akismet or WordPress moderation, have a look in the backend for replies that have a status ‘pending’.
June 1, 2014 at 6:41 pm #147257In reply to: Workaround for Spam Filters?
Stephen Edgar
KeymasterThis has nothing to do with bbPress (or WordPress), you will need to contact the email/systems/network administrator of the school and work with them to allow the forum subscription emails.
June 1, 2014 at 11:13 am #147239Topic: Auto post in database with the data provided
in forum Installationshashankism
ParticipantHi ,
I have a forum with bbpress, buddypress and wordpress CMS. I have collected data which i want to post on regular interval with my collected data.
I want to know which columns and tables are affected and in which sequence when a new post is created so that I can post a new forum topic directly from database.
June 1, 2014 at 7:14 am #147236Jerry
ParticipantHi Robin. To answer your questions; I only need this to attach to books, so only for bbpress topics. I don’t want replies rated. I tested it on wordpress posts, and it works there, but I’m not using wordpress posts. Probably the only modification I’ll make is to let users change their rating. Right now, once you give a star rating, it won’t let you change it later. Yes, I agree; it needs to hook to bbpress. It seems like it would be easy to do that, but I’m not certain.
June 1, 2014 at 3:17 am #147232Robin W
Moderatorok, I’ve had a very quick look, the plugin is fine – it copes with custom post types, I think the problem is that it hooks to wordpress ‘the content’, and I think it needs to hook to bbpress – I’ll have a further play later.
June 1, 2014 at 2:44 am #147231Robin W
ModeratorI haven’t been through the code yet, or looked at the pugin, so can you save me some time?
ok, so do you want this just for bbpress? or can they vote in both bbpress and wordpress – hopefully not the latter !
and can you give a quick summary of how what it does (or better what you would like it to do and how it would work? eg only on topics, on topics and replies, what are they voting for – eg the topic or a book within the topic. Will a book only ever be in one topic? What should they see – no. votes? average of replies, starts? Do you want votes for and votes against eg like/dislike? etc.
May 31, 2014 at 1:51 pm #147218Jerry
ParticipantOkay Robin, you asked, so here it is! π
Simple Rating plugin for wordpress – get it working for bbpress?
-
AuthorSearch Results