Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Moderators Disappearing

• JosiahW
    Participant

@josiahw

When I change a users forum status to moderator their account disappears from the users list. I can still see their previous posts in the forums. Do they just disappear until they login again?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

suspect this is a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

JosiahW
    Participant

@josiahw

I found the issue. I had Auto role set to Automatically give registered visitors the participant forum role. Unchecking that resolved. I still don’t understand why, even if that was checked, that I could not assign a user a different role from participant.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed !

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@josiahw That’s pretty odd. If you want to debug, check inside the bbp_set_current_user_default_role function, hooked to bbp_setup_current_user. There are several redundant checks to ensure what you’re seeing doesn’t happen, so I’m curious where it might be failing and how.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I see two possible ways this *might* fail:

* Multisite & calls to switch_to_blog
    * bbp_get_user_role() is returning multiple bbPress roles (either because some third party role editor plugin was used to manipulate things, or there’s some crusty old role data somewhere in there.)

JosiahW
    Participant

@josiahw

It is a new multisite. We do not have any role editing software installed at this time. Here is the list of all plugins/theme we are using:

Theme
    InspireBook by rtCamp

Plugins
    bbPress
    BuddyPress
    rtMedia Pro
    rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress
    WooDojo

JosiahW
    Participant

@josiahw

Another thing I notices but was not suspicious of until now is that in the users list I see the normal users set to the default WP role of Participant. If I go into their profile the WP role is set to “-No role for this site-“. Nobody has complained about any issue though.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Add some debug logging to bbp_set_current_user_default_role() to narrow down the cause,(likely with dumping out the call stack.)

You should be able to cowboy code something if you’re able to reproduce the issue with a test user account. If you’re able to come up with explicit instructions on how to duplicate this on an installation that only has bbPress running, I’d love to fix anything that isn’t behaving correctly.

JosiahW
    Participant

@josiahw

I have no idea how to code or debug 🙁

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar