Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Using shortcode has created 2 forums

• theeohiostate
    Participant

@theeohiostate

Just installed BBPress to replace my proboards forums , and i like the theme integration.

All is working fine , but i could not find a way to change the page title for the forums that is displaying in the browser tabs , as it was showing “Forum Archive” . So i read about the shortcodes and decided to just make a page and title it Mysite Forums . So now the page title is displaying and all working good , but i notice that when i click on any category , topic and/or click back to the forums link via the BBPress menu bar , i am being directed to another version of the forums which was created by BBPress. How can i get all the forum categories , topics and post to have the same URL string as the new page i set up.

mysite.com/mysite-forums – this page is generated with BBPress
    mysite.com/mysite-forums-2 – this url is generated when i create a page for forums and use the shortcode

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• theeohiostate
    Participant

@theeohiostate

mysite.com/mysite-forums
    mysite.com/mysite-forums-2

i typed in original post incorrect on the forum urls

bbPress doesn’t actually create any WordPress pages.

You should be able to create a page titled ‘forums’ add the shortcode and bbPress will use that page.

If you can only create a page with the slug forums-2 then there is another page using the forums slug or is in the trash.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar