Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'
-
Search Results
-
Hello,
I am using WordPress 4.8 and bbPress 2.6-beta-2.
I had to do a batch import of topics from csv, and all went well enough. The only aspect I was unable to cover was the parent forum field. I have found my parent forum id and used a mysql command to insert the forum ID (which is 290 in this case) into all rows where post_excerpt meets a condition. This all worked. For reference here is the mysql command:
update wp_posts set post_parent=’290′ where post_excerpt=’CONDITION’;The issue I’m having is that although post_parent displays the correct parent forum ID within the database, on the frontend of my site none of these topics register as having a parent forum. Under “Topics” they still all say “No Forum,” and they are not listed on the forum page. Funny enough, the breadcrumbs show the correct path when looking at the individual topics (i.e., PARENT FORUM >> POST_TITLE).
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Topic: PHP Version
Just lost and regained forums on one of my sites. Host support wrote:
We had upgraded php to 7.1 earlier this week. It appears that BBPress may not currently be compatible with the latest PHP. We have rolled back to PHP 5.6 and the forums are working again. However, to make sure that all sites are working on the suggested standards set by the WordPress core team, we will be upgrading all instances to PHP 7.1 within the next two months. It is possible that BBPress may make updates improving the compatibility in that time, but it is never a bad idea to be proactive on that front.
So what’s the deal with BBPRess PHP version compatibility please?
Hi!
I want to integrate bbPress with my existing theme, but I’m worried about crash my theme by doing so. I don’t know if my theme is compatible with bbPress.
I have WordPress version 4.8
Regards
TerjeTopic: Change Editor Display
BBPress 2.5.12 WordPress 4.8
I’ve search high and low but haven’t been able to find any resolve to this. I’ve used different plugins to help with my problem but haven’t been able to get exactly what I want. I’ve made a screen-capture of what my problem is. Can someone with knowledge please tell me how to remove the html editor from showing below the visual editor? I want to see the html editor only when the text/html tab is clicked. It’s confusing with the html just below the visual editor like that. I’ve tried the display:none but it the html editor was also not showing when I clicked the text/html tab.
I first heard of WordPress only recently. Today, I heard about CSS for the first time. This must give people the ability to customize anything on their site.
1) I have a page that I set to be the Front page. So in the menu bar I can click Home or I can click the title of the page to load the page. Having Home in the menu bar makes sense but that means I don’t need the title of the page to be there too. How do I remove the page title so the only way to load the page is by clicking Home?
2) I have a link to a privacy policy in the menu bar. I heard one can put page links in the site’s footer. That makes sense. I want to do that. I found these instructions:
Create a new menu, “Footer Menu” for example
Add-in whatever links (pages) are needed there
Add a widget (called Custom Menu) to a footer widget position (if your current theme supports it)I went to Customize and made a menu called Footer. I went to Appearance…Menu and added Privacy Policy to the Footer menu. I went to Appearance…Widgets and found Custom Menu. That’s as far as I got. How do I add custom menu to the “footer widget position”? Maybe my theme doesn’t support it. If I click Custom Menu, I see only “Right Sidebar” and “Add Widget”. If I go to my site, at the bottom I see “2017… Developed by Tamal Anwar”. Is that area at the bottom the footer?
Thanks.
Hi. I’m new to WordPress. I’m creating a site and I wanted it to have a forum so I installed bbPress. There are 2 categories in the menu. Each of them contains forums. There’s 3 issues I have.
1) Under the text box for writing a comment, visitors to the site will see “Topic Type” and “Topic Status”, each with its own drop-down menu. I don’t want visitors to have access to those. I looked through all the forum settings and can’t find a way to get rid of them. How do I do it?2) The font used for the menu is fine but the font used for the forum names is too small. Where do I increase the font size for forum names?
3) Is there something built in to the plugin that lets visitors rank or vote for posts? High-ranking posts would appear above other posts. Does the plugin have anything like this?
Thanks.
